Does TCW work on macbooks?

freecell1999

Question

6 answers to this question

I honestly don't know, mostly because I don't know how different or similar windows and mac run. But as of now I can't see any reason why it wouldn't be able to.

Do they have WINE on mac? if yes, then its possible, else, you are screwed. 

It could run on Lunix with some hard work by using WINE, not sure about mac. Can't afford an apple, poor me.

Other alternatives are installing windows or Lunix on your macbook as dual boot, but be warned its not something you want to do without the right knowledge.

Apple Boot Camp
Boot Camp allows owners of Intel-based Apple Macintosh computers to install Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 on their Macs. The software comes bundled with Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard, 10.6 Snow Leopard and Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, Apple's latest version of the Operating System included on their computers. Previously the application was available in beta version as a download from Apple's website.
Boot Camp allows non-destructive disk partitioning and resizing of HFS+ filesystems, boot menu options, and an option to burn a CD with necessary device drivers. Since Windows XP is incompatible with Extensible Firmware Interface (the successor to legacy BIOS), the firmware on early Intel Macs need to be updated to support BIOS emulation first. BIOS emulation is achieved with a compatibility support module (CSM). Apple does not support non-Windows partition formats or drivers so therefore configuring other operating systems is not directly possible through Boot Camp itself. However, any operating system which can utilize the BIOS emulation of Intel Macintosh can be made to work, including non-XP versions of Windows. The Ubuntu Linux distribution is particularly popular for this purpose because they provide an option to use proprietary device drivers along with open source drivers.
source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-booting

Hmm... the right knowledge huh...... :unsure: Yeah i dont think i will be able to do that for a while... i might be able to learn how to pretty quickly though. Im not too sure about whether WINE could run on macs either but i dont really see any reason why it wouldnt be able to.

I looked up WINE and it most definitely can run on macs, as macs and other OS's like it are what WINE is intended for and if I'm correct in what I'm reading it even comes pre-packaged on later versions of mac.

I looked up WINE and it most definitely can run on macs, as macs and other OS's like it are what WINE is intended for and if I'm correct in what I'm reading it even comes pre-packaged on later versions of mac.

Not sure or this is exactly the same kind of wine, also there are no packages to download for MAC. However to use WINE in an user friendly user interface they often use the application PlayOnLunix there seems to be a smilar clone for MAC, Called PlayOnMac. Still Mac is not Lunix, these 2 are almost the same on some points, but for most part they are the biggest enemies of each other (Free and open-source VS Expensive and closed-source). So in other words, I cannot guarantee or help your further with getting it working on MAC, all I can do is compare it with Lunix. Mac has its now alternatives. Still wine will be the best option if they have it for MAC since it is backed by some big companies (Google is one of them).