UltraAOW Stealth Weekend Fri 11th-14th Mon

zunnie

http://www.ultraaow.com - Visit our Website

UltraAOW Stealth Weekend

In the Stealth Weekend every unit you buy will be stealthed, your spawn soldier, your engineer, even your Havoc :P

All vehicles and turrets also will start with Stealth Enabled! This will be interesting days again just like last time i think lol :D

All other settings are standard UltraAOW Settings as described on the website.

When?

The Weekend of Friday the 11th of July till Monday morning the 14th of July.

TT 4.1 Update is Required

The Tiberian Technologies Update 4.1 for Renegade is required to play on the server.

You can download it on their official website if you do not already have it.

It adds lots of extra's, anti-cheat and a ingame automatic map-downloader, awesome stuff!

Active Server Plugins

Of course the server will run our own mpf_newmaps.dll plugin which adds additional functionality to the server such as Veterancy and Special Crates & Power-ups.

The server has been upgraded to run Dragonade which adds a dozen new features such as !drop to drop a weapon, headshot notifications and much more. Thanks Whitedragon!

For a full list of modifications and adjustments please visit our Website. (changelog)

Maprotation

Industrial_Strength Madness Mars DOM_Tutorial Traverse BasinTS Battleground GlacierTS

Hangmans_Canyon HillBilly_Valley Backstab Cold_Wall Bridge_Control DOM_Hand_of_Nod BunkersTS Bio

Uphill River_RaidTS Arid Cold_River Infinite_Isle GreatUnder [River_Canyon] Lake_Garden

RiverValley River_of_Hope SeasideCanyon Siege Crumble Medical_Center Area81 Urban_Warfare

Atoll Orca_Height Cracked Vile_Facility Creekdale_Fly Tib_Pit_3 Deth_River Domes

Dust_Training Esco_Island Nova Hidden_Valley Terrace MPF_Valley Oasis_Flying MPF_Walls_Flying

Ocean_View The_Pathe Ridge Winter_Field Crevasse TheCanyon CloseCombat Industrial_Strength

GreatUnder Tropics Uphill Deth_River Urban_Rush Winterfell Cold_Valley Ferk_Night

Forest_Falls Cold_Wall Airai Airz Hourglass_Flying Forgotten_Town MPF_Islands Whoreglass

SeasideSunset Country_Side Cold_Waters Woodland MPF_Mesa Silent_Dawn ULake Urban_Warfare

Nebraska Sleepy_Hollow Tib_Field Orca_Height Wasteland Tib_Waste Tobruk Tomb

Hidden_Valley Infinite_Isle River_Canyon Terrace Lunar_Landing

Game Prize

This month's Game Prize is Age of Empires II HD Edition on Steam.

The person who has the most vehicle repair poitns on our server at the end of July 2014 will receive this game into their Steam Account as a gift.

201407_the_prize_age2hd.png ( Read More )

Mappack is Available

You could download our Mappack before joining the server. This ensures you have all the maps already.

Then you will not experience any ingame download dialogs which may take long if you have a slow(er) connection.

All you do is click Next, Next, wait for it to install the maps and then you're done and ready to join.

Thanks

Thanks people for reading this and maybe joining up this upcoming Friday.

Please feel free to spread this news around a bit to attract more people and let's see if we can have some fun the Weekend it lasts.

Teaser Video by Bazil, Kenz3001 and Mauler

//Greetz the MPF UltraAOW Team

If only there was an event where instead of units being stealthed... the bullets were stealthed... stealth rockets so you dont notice the mrls shooting your building.. hehe. >_> <_<

shrug. oh well, they weren't that useful anyway imo...

actually would be better if rather than just revealing stealth, you had the sensor array announce in team chat whenever an enemy enters the range...

e.g. put a sensor array at your pp... any enemy goes near your pp it immediately announces "Enemy spotted near sensor array!" and you know to run there and defend. that would be way more useful than revealing stealth.

Unless add a script to it... But that will blow the cover of spy easily.

add the script... most of these retards noobs we get now never mine the base.

that being said, ill be playing call of duty this weekend instead of renegade.... the players are smarter on call of duty than what we are getting on renegade

EDIT: actually id rather pull a double shift at my job in retail. 

add the script... most of these retards noobs we get now never mine the base.

i blame limado.. that guy keeps killing buildings regardless of how much defenses/mines u're putting .. kinda makes you lose your motivation to mine... >_> <_<.

Back than we had a camera inside the buildings structure that annouce . Intruder alert in Hand of Nod or what ever buildings is in. But camera cannot detect the spy tho

Unless add a script to it... But that will blow the cover of spy easily.

Yea I don't mean for it to detect spies.. that'd totally ruin the purpose of spies. It's mainly to detect engies trying to sneakily c4 stuff to death. spies which cost 3500 better be high-tech enough to fool those sensors lol.

ok, stealth weekend gets really old really fast...

thats why i wanted double points >_>. stealth weekend has too much sneaky base destruction too little actual fighting!

:o idea. We should have a NO-Stealth weekend! all units lose their stealth! and then we can watch nod suddenly start winning a lot more since there's less nubs being useless sbh lol.

more ideas:

double building hp weekend..

long timer weekend (timed c4 and beacons take twice as long to detonate)

advanced radar weekend (show enemies on radar)

career advancement weekend (5x vet point earn rate)

invulnerable c4 weekend (all c4 cannot be disarmed, including proxies!)

thats why i wanted double points >_>. stealth weekend has too much sneaky base destruction too little actual fighting!

:o idea. We should have a NO-Stealth weekend! all units lose their stealth! and then we can watch nod suddenly start winning a lot more since there's less nubs being useless sbh lol.

More like watch nod lose, nods best tank has weak armor because its stealth. Without that it would get shredded to pieces. This applies both to stock renegade and imperials maps.

more ideas:

double building hp weekend..

long timer weekend (timed c4 and beacons take twice as long to detonate)

advanced radar weekend (show enemies on radar)

career advancement weekend (5x vet point earn rate)

invulnerable c4 weekend (all c4 cannot be disarmed, including proxies!)

I like advanced radar weekend.

More like watch nod lose, nods best tank has weak armor because its stealth. Without that it would get shredded to pieces. This applies both to stock renegade and imperials maps.

nonsense. on stock maps, nod's best tank is the arty. there's nothing that arties and teches can't beat. its really so overpowered its ridiculous.. it has the largest splash and highest damage while still healing at the same rate as every other tank. It's also taller than most tanks so it shields teches very effectively. frankly If people just went arties + teches every game nod would pretty much always dominate the field (best seen on field and under). the problem is so many nod guys just get sidetracked by being useless sbh and stanks instead of fighting head on lol.

as for IK Maps, nod still has the repair tanks, so I think it can still put up a good fight in a head-on battle even without its stealth units. frankly its stealth tanks aren't that impressive in tank battles anyway, the real guys you have to watch out for are melta guns (yes these guys are so powerful they are pretty much walking tanks..), tank killers and microwave tanks... those microwave tanks steal mammies so easily lol. although on flying maps I guess you have a point considering how the nod stealth commanche works.. it's serious hax at the moment but would be useless without stealth lol..

still, would be fun to try for once wouldn't it? a weekend of no stealth = lots of fighting and teamplay in field battles.. opposite of stealth weekend where everyone's trying to be a solo hero sneaking around by themselves into the enemy base...

nonsense. on stock maps, nod's best tank is the arty. there's nothing that arties and teches can't beat. its really so overpowered its ridiculous.. it has the largest splash and highest damage while still healing at the same rate as every other tank. It's also taller than most tanks so it shields teches very effectively. frankly If people just went arties + teches every game nod would pretty much always dominate the field (best seen on field and under). the problem is so many nod guys just get sidetracked by being useless sbh and stanks instead of fighting head on lol.

as for IK Maps, nod still has the repair tanks, so I think it can still put up a good fight in a head-on battle even without its stealth units. frankly its stealth tanks aren't that impressive in tank battles anyway, the real guys you have to watch out for are melta guns (yes these guys are so powerful they are pretty much walking tanks..), tank killers and microwave tanks... those microwave tanks steal mammies so easily lol. although on flying maps I guess you have a point considering how the nod stealth commanche works.. it's serious hax at the moment but would be useless without stealth lol..

still, would be fun to try for once wouldn't it? a weekend of no stealth = lots of fighting and teamplay in field battles.. opposite of stealth weekend where everyone's trying to be a solo hero sneaking around by themselves into the enemy base...

I guess you are forgetting about the ezekiel's wheel steath tank which can kill a mammy if you sneak up behind it and use the alternate fire. Without stealth you would get blown to pieces. Same goes for the regular stealth tanks in the stock maps. They most definitely rely on their stealth as one of their strengths.

I'm not arguing that stealth tanks don't need their stealth to be useful.

All i'm saying is you actually don't need to use stealth to win. On stock maps arties and teches work just fine for holding the field. Hell I've always found arties+teches to work much better than repeatedly stank rushing and hoping gdi is nub. Even if you don't kill a building with an arty rush.. the rush never ends and you generate an impassable score lead. on IK Maps there's a billion alternatives for NOD, so i'm pretty sure they can win without stealth too.

Sure they lose out a bit from not having stealth tanks/sbh, but in exchange there'll be less useless people being sbh and doing nothing. Beyond that... you also stop nubs from giving gdi stealth suits.. which are so much more deadly in the hands of gdi since obby/turrets are next-to-useless for killing stealth hotwires.. and stealth suit IK spies are a nightmare since base defences dont shoot them..

p.s. i know you can use stealth tanks/ezes to kill enemy tanks.. but you can just as easily use arties/tank killers/banshees/melta guns/etc to do the same thing in a more stable head-on manner... nod does this all the time on field/under. Even mammies can be taken down fairly easily by non-stealth units, so there's no need to use an eze for that.

The only thing stealth is really needed for is making sneak attacks/rushes on the enemy base.. but nod has won plenty of games without any of those... and would probably win a lot more without those imo due to less nubs screwing around with them..

Nod Tank Killer take out mammoth tanks and big targets.

Or if you find yourself low on cash you get the BS-100 Gun deploy and fire it uses the same gun as the Tank Killer but is stationary.

Heavy Tank/Flame Tank take out GDI infantry with ease.

Nod Mobile Repair Tank frenzy like 3-4 of them they can't be killed when is behind a tank killer.

So yeah Nod win almost every match if nod team play with 110% teamwork. If nod go out and solo against any GDI unit they find themselves hard to win the match depending on what they are up against and what they use.

Anyway stealth weekend is no more.