By zunnieThe W3D exporter for Max 8. Main function is to export models into W3D format
By zunnie* Add one or more Renegade .mix maps.
* Set the output folder (you'd use your LevelEdit folder).
* Click on 'Convert Now!'.
* After converting, open LevelEdit and choose the mod package which has the same name as the map you just converted.
* Open the .lvl file for the map you converted.
After conversion, to complete the map:
* Remove pathfind generators you don't need. The converter automatically creates pathfind generators in front of each carmaker, which could be too much.
* Remove duplicate tiles. The converter may add tiles which were already imported with the terrain and therefor may be duplicates.
* Add pathfind blockers as you need them.
* Save the map.
* In the menu, choose 'Pathfind' > 'Generate sectors...'. This may take much time.
* Save the map.
* In the menu, choose 'Lightning' > 'Compute Vertex Solve', check 'Check Occlusion' and hit OK.
This may take much time.
* Save the map.
* You should add and apply VIS points to improve the map's performance. Skip this if you only want to test the map.
* As mentioned above, LevelRedit may produce duplicate tiles.
* No editor only objects will be generated, you have to add them by yourself.
* No VIS points will be generated, you have to add them by yourself.
* If you don't want your map to be converted back to a LevelEdit level file, place a light anywhere on your map and set it's ambient light color to RGB(51,102,153).
* You cannot protect old maps you already released.
By zunnieThe best Renegade .mix file editor available.
Use it to extract or compose new mixfiles.
A good tutorial can be found on the Tiberium Crystal War website at: http://tcw.multiplayerforums.com/sdk_tut_create_mix.php
By zunnieThis tool is used to setup maps for Renegade, building controllers, harvester waypaths etc.
It is also used to create (serverside) modifications to units, weapons, spawners etc.
By zunnieTerrain and model creator for Renegade and some other .w3d game modifications.
You also need the registry bypass (included in this zip) for gmax else you cannot use it since registration keys are no longer emailed.
See readme for details.
By zunnieThis nifty tool lets you reimport models from the W3D file back into Max, for you own editing needs
Extract into your 3dsmax8 Folder to install
**Now that you have the model it still needs to be optimized for Rengade, as the importer messes with the W3D file, Please read the tutorial on the subject
Here is the "Importing and Optimizing W3D's Tutorial" - using this script to import
By zunnieI have made some changes to the w3d export plugin for 3d studio max. You can download the modified plugin file here:
The plugin requires 3d studio max 8 with service pack 3 and will probably not work on any other version of 3d studio max. The plugin will definatly NOT work with GMAX (and I have NO plans to do anything with the GMAX version of the export plugin)
The following changes have been made to the plugin as distributed with the last release of the BFME2 Mod SDK:
enable Specular To Diffuse checkbox on material editor vertex materials tab
enable Translucency edit box on material editor vertex materials tab
enable Secondary Gradient drop-down on material editor shaders tab
enable Publish button on material editor textures tab
enable Frames edit on material editor textures tab
enable Rate edit on material editor textures tab
enable Animation Type drop-down on material editor textures tab
enable Pass Hint dropdown on material editor textures tab
enable Alpha Bitmap button on material editor textures tab
enable Null (LOD) radio button on geometry options box
enable Shatter checkbox on geometry options options box
enable collision options box (and the physical, projectile, vehicle, vis and camera checkboxes inside it)
enable damage region edit box on object export options box
enable phys, proj and vis buttons on select by W3D type box
add support so that dazzles are correctly exported
add support for some things related to smooth skinning (a feature thats comming in the next scripts build for Renegade, mod teams already have it)
add support for some things related to export of tangent/binormal data (needed for certain shader effects and will be supported in a future scripts build)
Renamed the old (and useless) npatch checkbox so that it toggles whether to export tangent/binormal data.
I am in the process of making changes to the w3d importer as well, specifically support for properly importing UVs, skinned meshes and proxies. (no ETA on a release for that though)
By zunnieThis is the RenX (gMax) plugin to load W3D files inside RenX.
By zunnieThe files in this package are used by my tutorial on how to setup a proper environment for mapping over here:
It includes all the tools you need and they should be installed in this particular order:
1- The gMax Installation Files and Registration ByPass
2- The official Renegade Public Tools version 2
3- The unofficial LevelEditor from Tiberian Technologies for support with 4.2 Scripts Update
4- The Registry fixes i wrote which you *should* review, edit if needed, and then merge into your Registry by double clicking on it
5- Some Critical Assets required for making a map for Renegade in gMax/Renx
6- The XCC mixer i personally have been using since i don't know when, it's the best
By zunnieThe demo version of 3D Studio Max 8 which most of our mappers for Renegade and Imperial Age use.
Note: This is a trial version and stops functioning after 30 days.
By zunnieThis service pack is required for some plugins to function such as the importer for W3D's.
This install requires you to have the full English version of 3DSMax8 installed.
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.