Setup Weapons Factory, Refinery and Tiberium Field

zunnie

Thank you.  WIll def help me out with my first map.  lol.  (which is coming along slowly and bad at the same time, lol)

Very good tutorial Z. My only question is all those green squares you had to place, is that normal because I've never had to that on my maps.

Looks good!

I agree with trunks I have never had to put those blockers there and haven't had any issues either.

• 2 months later...

I have a small question about the Tiberium fields. If you want the area where Tiberium is to damage you, you choose that option in the "Material Editor" within RenX right? I am not using a plane as my field anymore, but only the tiberium pods in place of a textured plane. Since I do not have that plane anymore, will I be able to make the tiberium pods damage you?

Guest Mauler

I have a small question about the Tiberium fields. If you want the area where Tiberium is to damage you, you choose that option in the "Material Editor" within RenX right?

Yes.

Since I do not have that plane anymore, will I be able to make the tiberium pods damage you?

No.. The damage is only applied if you are stepping on the material... so you'd have to figure out a way to make a small plane surrounding (textured as ground and not tiberium) the pod to give the "effect" of damaging the character..

What's the proper way(or best way) to setup the strip? I am facing the same two problems EACH time I try and fix it. Once the cargo plane drops them off, they either do not move, or they follow their way point, but they do not continue onto the way point I setup to the tiberium field.

• My building controller is placed on lower of two roofs of the Air Tower
  • My car marker is set facing the way that makes the plane fly in from the low end of the the strip, to the high end
  • The construction zone is set EXACTLY like the WF (height)
  • Out of the three way points, I only gave one of them "Two Way, Ground Vehicle and Innate Pathfind"
  • The 4th waypoint to the tiberium field is set as well (That also has "Two Way, Ground Vehicle and Innate Pathfind")

I've tried playing with all the settings and either of the same two bugs happen. In my previous version, the Harvester worked, but human purchases would result in vehicles just landing, and not following their way path. I've done this successfully before, so I'm so it's something stupid again.

PS: I've tried making all three way points with Two Way, Ground Vehicle and Innate Pathfind, instead of just one. It fixed it! However, now the GDI Harvesters just build, don't move, and pile up until they start blowing themselves up.

• 1 year later...

Do this last, once you completed setting up the waypaths

1) In the menu goto Pathfind->Discard Data

2) In the menu goto Pathfind->Generate Sectors

This will take a while depending on the size of your map.

Protip: Monitor your LevelEdit.exe process in taskmanager, when it reaches 1.250MB RAM usage go back to the editor and CANCEL your pathfinding else there is a big risk the editor will crash.

Protip2: BEFORE you start pathfinding: SAVE your level :)

• 3 months later...

Another thing i recently discovered, unsure if an 4.1 issue or stock issue, is that when you make the Tiberium Field zones too large (ie the Tiberium_Field_GDI and Tiberium_Field_Nod) the harvesters will break.

• 4 years later...