"VIS" Sector Tutorial

Pwn Call

OK, I'll crank up the Grans then and try it again over the next few days. 15 to 17 should be enough for Arena & Pacific? Has anyone tried Tiberium Temple yet? That's a small map, but any word on that from the players?

That should be plenty high. You will have more manual Vis points to add though so look really carefully by building entrances (especially the hand of nod). And small areas like tunnrls

Good to know, I will be doing the VIS for both Pacific & Arena as soon as I can. I haven't heard anything about Tiberium Temple yet, so keep your ears open.

Pacific auto generating VIS is done. I made a backup copy and started doing manual VIS points. I am getting that backface error now. If someone can help me on TS over the weekend, that would be cool. The tutorial says I should locate the backface in the "instances" tab, and un check the box of that mesh. Well, I couldn't find that so I stopped for now haha.

Hmm if it is happening a lot or everywhere then there might not have been Vis sectors for the map. You may have to completely redo the Vis sectors in max and redo the generation

Guest Mauler

Pacific auto generating VIS is done. I made a backup copy and started doing manual VIS points. I am getting that backface error now. If someone can help me on TS over the weekend, that would be cool. The tutorial says I should locate the backface in the "instances" tab, and un check the box of that mesh. Well, I couldn't find that so I stopped for now haha.

http://renhelp.laeubi.de/tutorial-vis-tutorial.html

there is a part on backface errors

http://renhelp.laeubi.de/tutorial-vis-tutorial.html

there is a part on backface errors

Yeah, that's the error I got and I read it, and I understood it, but where it says "check in the preset list" for said object, well I can't find it. The tutorial then goes on to say that there's a chance one MIGHT have to go BACK into Gmax to correct the error. If that's the case, I won't be able to fix Pacific.