Servers Attacked Again

zunnie

Guest Mauler

you really think someone has the time to attack a server manually... most likely using a bot etc.. and if it is a person attacking, boy they must have a great life!  :rolleyes:

Yes the host can do something about and so can you guys. Its called Hardware Firewall.

Edit: And DJ if your refering to me then sorry but ddos'in ppl here is sort of a big NO to me as I still have a few friends here who help me out a lot like Bigjimer1 and Whitenyte :)

Our host can't do anything?

Even if you know, who and what is attacking, you still will have a problem preventing it.

MPF blocks some software, they change the software,

MPF blocks an username, they change the username,

MPF blocks serial, they change the serial,

MPF blocks IP, they change IP.

A hacker will be always 1 step ahead. You could stop it for a while, but eventually it will make him only more angry and aggressive and it will not work for long. In the end computers, servers and the internet can't be protected against aggressive hackers, or you have to be a millionaire that has enough resources to maintain a datacenter with servers with better hardware as an entire botnet.

For a small community as this, we could hope this hacking player leaves the community ASAP or start to become an adult. This hacker is probably someone that has trouble handling his emotions. Someone that does not know when to stop once something happens. He can't handle problems as well on the regular ways as normal people do.

When normal people lose they spam: "<name> is a noob" or "<name> is a hacker" or "<name> is using an aimbot".

When Pro players lose they spam: "GG" or "NS" or "I do not like this map"

When a hackers lose they will: "DDOS attack!!!" or "hacking" or "cheating"

This is how games are played and will be played, to bad real pro players are rare these days. The respect for other players/users is getting more worse every year. But the good part is that Renegade has pretty polite players if you compare it to other games. To bad of these few RATS.