Airstrike script

Pwn Call

I was thinking of a pt zone for an air strike.  Basically  once you destroy all of the enemy sam sites a timer counts down and when it reaches zero you can purchase a beacon.

Basically the same as the nuke or ion ones that you made but after you destroy certain objects it becomes available to buy.

Also add in the sounds for it if possible.

Would it matter if it is an airstrike on a static location?

Or i could make it a beacon type maybe, when you plant it it will do the airstrike on that location although this might not work entirely correct, im not sure yet.

Or have it randomly select an alive building and drop some bombs on that location.

I was thinking more of a purchase terminal (mini console) that when you kill the enemy sam sites (destroy objects) it allows for the purchase of a beacon.  I will make the beacon and airstrike itself later.  This would be a script to allow a purchase after certain objects were destroyed if that makes sense.

Yea i can do that but, the problem is doing the airstrike 'where the player wants it'. I'm not sure if i can do that properly. Will have to look into it deeper sometime soon then.

I found an airstrike working in Renegade , back in westwood virtual mesuem. Basically is a flare and you place it, then a plane fly by and then the explosion happen around the flare where you place.

NOD_AIRSTRIKE.jpg

GDI_AIRSTRIKE.jpg

So basically the flare is a ticking time bomb :3

So what it comes is with an explosion W3D effect file and Nod and GDI purchase terminals. GDI is A10 Aircraft while nod is Su27

Guest Mauler

So do this... instead of beacon, have that flare model instead.. plant that, im sure that mod was using a custom cinematic txt file .... which i have been experimenting with lately, It's totally possible... to have an airstrike pickup/ beacon thing... and have it display at a non static location... 

Nice idea.

Eliminating all SAM Sites and an airstrike will be insta ready. We know that SAM Sites can be repaired, so be quick!! Let us say someone destroyed all Sites, took the flare and then a SAM Site got repaired again. He will still have the flare until all Sites are destroyed again, so he can easily drop a flare. While being dropped and a Site is being repaired again... who cares. The airstrike HAS TO bombard then. I remember that flare principle of APB. What about to add this airstrike flare into the regular PT at the beacon's place as a next page?

An airstrike should NOT destroy a whole building such as the PP, WF, BARR, HON, STRIP, REF, so all the main structures, but insta damage them for like 50% - 80%. The Nuke/Ion Cannon is there to insta kill all kind of structures already.

An airstrike should be able to insta kill defensives such as the AGT, OBLI, TURRETs, GUN TOWERs. At least an airstrike is able to kill the obelisk in classic C&C95, well, also the Powerplant... but well.

An airstrike should instal kill all Soldiers, MOTOR CYCLEs, BUGGIEs, HUMM-VEEs, APCs, LIGHT TANKs, STANKs, ARTIEs, MRLS' and all AIR UNITs.

An airstrike should insta damage units as the MEDs, MAMMYs, FTANKs

EDIT_001:

Oh forgot something... Is it possible to create a flare as a grenade? Simply drop this burning flare as a grenade at any position you want. Over walls, cough. Easy going.

Yea I like the idea of being able to shoot it a far distance.

The other option I thought of was using a script like the one for the nuke truck from a path beyond. Except the vehicle will be invincible and can't damage anything and you can't get out of it. Also I could make it look like a big target so the enemy can see where you are air striking.

Great ideas though guys!

• 1 year later...

Side commentary on this post (necro reply!):

This should be doable using a cinematic script that gets played when you deploy a beacon (custom event I think, but never looked into it specifically). I think St0rm had something like this on a map at one point. I can't remember though.