Winner August & Prize September

zunnie

Prize Winner for August 2013: Killing Floor for falcod666

201308_the_prize_killingfloor.png

View August 2013 Rankings

Congrats to falcod666 for winning August's Prize:

The game Killing Floor on the Steam Platform.

Once we get around to talking to falcod666, he or she will receive the prize into their Steam Account.

To receive your copy you must have an Steam Account @ http://store.steampowered.com

steamlogo.png

Prize for September 2013: DooM 3 BFG Edition

201309_the_prize_doom3bfg.png

In the month August 2013 we will be battling for the game "DooM 3 BFG Edition":

DOOM 3 BFG Edition is the ultimate collection of games that defined the first person shooter including

DOOM, DOOM II, DOOM 3, and DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, and The Lost Mission.

Key features: A Classic Remastered: Developed by id Software, the original team responsible for the

franchise legacy, DOOM 3 BFG Edition features Steam...

You must have the most building kills Renegade NewMaps 4.0 server.

To be eligible for receiving the prize please review the Contest Guidelines.

To receive your copy you must have a Steam Account @ http://store.steampowered.com

steamlogo.png

Not interested, on to the next guy! XD

I just wanted to set a stupidly high record seeing as i had a lot of free time last month.. not anymore though :(.

4435648 score and 242 mvps (more than half the games XD) doubt that's gonna get beaten any time soon..

For September to win you must have the most building kills.

this is a really realllyy bad idea. It sounds good in theory, but you're just gonna end up getting flooded with issues regarding building killsteals popping up all over the place. E.g. engies in apc rushes being stupid and waiting for each other to blow their remotes first so they can get the killsteal, waiting until the very last moment and thus allowing the enemy team to stop them.

shrug, so you claim, but I've seen it happen on other servers where building kills are emphasized in some way or another. Granted, different playerbases would have different types of players, so perhaps the ultraaow playerbase really does have the figures you stated and these problems won't arise, but it just seems to me like a bad risk to take.

this is a really realllyy bad idea. It sounds good in theory, but you're just gonna end up getting flooded with issues regarding building killsteals popping up all over the place. E.g. engies in apc rushes being stupid and waiting for each other to blow their remotes first so they can get the killsteal, waiting until the very last moment and thus allowing the enemy team to stop them.

they don't do it for some cheap game on Steam, they do it for veteran points.

For September to win you must have the most building kills.

LOL. This is stupid. You need some sort of points distribution system that will calculate who contributed to the building kill the most rather than the last person to do damage. I know if I cared enough, I can easily exploit this and steal building kills.

LOL. This is stupid. You need some sort of points distribution system that will calculate who contributed to the building kill the most rather than the last person to do damage. I know if I cared enough, I can easily exploit this and steal building kills.

thats what i said lol. but supposedly the playerbase is mature and friendly enough to not do that.. hahahaha. well, I haven't had a lot of time to log in this month.. so maybe they really are seeing as there aren't raging forum posts about it yet..

that or the players don't notice what the criteria for winning is yet...