Orca Lifter Script?

Guest Mauler

Image of the orca lift truck

ORCALIFTER.jpg

I want to create an orca lifter... not like the one imperial used, but something closer to what WW intended...

How I want it to work ingame..

Most likely it will only spawn in a certain area of the base... can be switched to vehicle production factory but that seems kinda wierd.. lol

Anyways.. the truck will have the "fake" orca model attached...

the player can get into and drive the truck around like normal but I need the vehicle to deploy on key binding, on deploy it would play an animation contained in the vehicle model itself ...

the animation would raise the flight pad and the orca would attain the same height as the spawn location... and the orca model would disappear and a real object vehicle would take its place.. at this point the driver would still be in the vehicle... once the real orca is there... the vehicle becomes undrivable and the driver gets transferred to the orca vehicle....

the orca truck would self destroy in 3mins, in that time it can heal and rearm the orca... after that the orca has to return to base to rearm at a helipad or an already deployed lift truck...

If someone can help me get it working, I would be in your debt forever... :)

For the Script ask Zunnie, but this one look much more humble looking. Replacing the Nod SSM Launcher into an Orca Lifter. Nice :)

much more that using the SSM... I had to recreate the pad and some other pieces... and rework the texture, and model.. and will include some other things that will make it unique

I think that idea would be cool because of the animation but I think it would be much better (functionally and effectively) to have it be its own separate tank (like those wierd little repair tanks but for flying vehicles only).  That way several other orcas or trans heli's could come over to it to get repairs on the battle field.

And maybe call it a mobile helipad?

Either way it will be cool to see it work.  

This is a mobile helipad... that provides Health and Ammo to a modified Orca craft.. the orca on included on the pad at purchase is faster, armed with 9 dragon tow missles in each pod, the increase speed and ammo come at a cost... the armor is weaker than standard issue, and ammo needs to be replenished after the 19 rockets are fired.. you'll need to either have a team member control the main truck while the driver is in orca flight... if not place the the mobile pad somewhere enemys can't get to it..

It looks sweet! So does the driver fly the orca or can another char get in it? Also when bought does it come with an orca?

So it is basically a mobile heli pad?

Just trying to see the whole picture

It looks sweet! So does the driver fly the orca or can another char get in it? Also when bought does it come with an orca?

So it is basically a mobile heli pad?

Just trying to see the whole picture

1. Any GDI team member can get into the Orca, but only the driver can release it from the pad.
  2. The lifter comes with one orca when the lifter vehicle is purchased..
  3. The lifter provides ammo and health regeneration. To all flying units, provided it has a team member in it... It cannot refill your craft if nobody is in it..

To use, simply buy the Orca lifter... transport the orca to destination, fire your primary weapon and that will release your orca, And yes its a mobile helipad so long as it is alive and has a team member to operate it... Also i've mentioned that the orca will differ from the one bought from helipad/WF

Also forgot to mention that you can refill alone, simply land on the pad and get out, then get into the Lifter truck wait a few seconds and get back into the Orca and it will be rearmed and fixed

Nice! I played the test map with it. Can you get from the ground into the orca on top of it?

Example when you are repairing by yourself?