Release Date Unveiled!

kenz3001

The remains of the Renegade community have been lying in wait for quite a while, but now it is time.

Rise my comrades! It is time to give birth to a new era of gaming!

May Renegade live forever! Hoo-rah!

Oooooh yes! I don't think I'll be touching normal renegade anymore unless there won't be enough people playing RenX for some totally unforseeable reason. That trailer is just great, the game seems to really be amazing. Thanks to RenX lots of lont-time Ren players still won't have enough time to play new games :P.

Looks good! Currently browsing through their forums for more details lol. I will miss playing kaskin maps though, since the maps can't actually be transferred without being completely remade right?

EDIT: So according to the FAQ on their forums, they are making quite a few gameplay balance changes, including:

- All mrls get rotatable turrets (which is meh-ish since the non rotatable one is usually more useful for shooting around obstacles),
- but they get some kind of lock on system that makes their missiles home in, (presumably better than the current renegade's homing since they can supposedly hit aircraft :D)
- Sniper mechanics changing (woohoo!)
- Arties get a slight arc in their trajectory
- Energy bar for sprinting/rolling/jumping! (O_O)

- No more splash damage through walls (This one seems a bit GDI biased, what with hon having windows to shoot inside and all :P) (Supposedly, this also helps to stop tunnel beaconing :D)
- Purchasable airstrikes (no not the old storm ones that hit buildings, but airstrikes that can be summoned anywhere to kill tank rushes and the like)

- Vehicle collision damage (Drive into a wall at high speed and you take damage lol. Wonder what happens if you ram another tank at high speed...)

Well no, but I can port the assets there. But the quality is totally different if I directly port to UDK. So that why I am going into UDK :D

Anyway Renegade-X once release I am very sure there will be a lot of other modification based off Renegade-X. There was one Warhammer 40k mod is currently waiting for Renegade-X to release and a few more.

And yes Renegade X homing is better well done then Renegade.

post-31-0-38063100-1386075345_thumb.jpg