New MPF Website for Ren-X

zunnie

• 2 weeks later...

Most people are running too many processes on their machines as it is while they game.  Myself included.  I was force-fed Origin when I was given a digital copy of Battlefield3, which I would hope would be the most useless of that type of software, as it is truly horrible.

Why the hell would I want to use Steam when I already have too many programs that spam ads in my face while I load the game itself?  I'll still have to deal with the horrible UT3 style menu, unless Steam skips straight to the server direct connect style.  Not to mention the constant notifications from friends logging on and off, joining and leaving games, private messages minimizing your game, and still more bandwidth used for no reason.

Why would I want to take a bad menu, and add a pain in the ass program like Steam to the beginning of that?

My point: I hope like hell I won't need Steam to run this.  If so, it could hurt my chances of even installing the game...

origin is not steam so don't compare two totally different platforms....

Steam with Renegade-X has been great so far.... And you don't need to minimize your game to check PMs... everything steam has can be viewed directly from ingame..

And as far as i can tell you can disable that if you wish to not be disturbed...

Not installing a game is your choice, it's not going to affect Renegade-X.. Just you, cause you won't be playing a soon to be popular game lol

I never did say the two were the same, but they do the exact same thing, they run on the local machine, and they're no more than FaceCrook for games.  I hear far too many people bitching about STEAM FORCING their game to minimize for a PM.  I don't want the entire internet in my ESC menu, that's why I play games in FULL SCREEN.

I don't care if it isn't going to matter to the devs, but that's the truth, Steam gives me serious pause.  Don't take my bluntness as anything other than a simple statement of my opinion on the topic it contains.  Do I seriously need to put it in my signature?