zunnie

Scripts.dll 4.1 RC2 release!

05 February 2014 For the past few years the Tiberian Technologies team worked their asses off to make Renegade as bugfree as possible, and today on BlackIntel's eight birthday we are happy to announce another iteration of that process. Scripts 4.1RC2 hereby goes into public testing to ensure we can release a final 4.1 shortly. Our private testing process has caught a lot of bugs and we are confident that 4.1RC2 is very stable. However, since our test team is small and has other occupations as well, we do want you, the public, to test it further before we call it a final release. The patch solves the following issues:

• A large amount of bug fixes and stability improvements (including crash fixes)
  • Anti-cheat changes ( :)  )
  • Disable triggerbot detector since it was giving false-positives for people with touchscreens etc.
  • Add GBBO console command to get the current BBO value
  • Various rendering engine improvements (provides some FPS improvement) ( :lol:  )
  • Fix various memory leaks ( :lol:  )
  • Fix false positives in the file-hash anti-cheat (to do with files of the same name but different contents being in different maps)
  • Fix missing bullet hole decals on the back of certain meshes (e.g. GDI weapons factory glass)
  • Remove zlib1.dll (now linked directly into the code)
  • Remove a bunch of useless/obsolete scripts ( :) )
  • Make alt-F4 quit the game when pressed ( :mellow:  )
  • Make ban system ignore serials that are all 0s
  • Add new VehicleLockIcons keyword to ssgm.ini, when set it will disable the vehicle lock icons (but not the functionality)
  • Remove obsolete slave server logic (it was getting in the way of other changes we needed to make)
  • Move certain pieces of shared code to a new shared.dll file
  • Merge shaders.dll and tt.dll into bandtest.dll (this will make things slightly faster)
  • Fix so that lighting is properly applied to decals (no more super bright decals on certain maps)

GOOD!

and why are there smilies on that list noob ???

Shame they had to take down the auto update cause of noobie computers messing up..... I really hope they bring it back in the future.... Cause i would hate to manually install this shit

I tried it installing manually, i tried with other older scripts patchs i reinstalled the game, i tried installing partially new patch with old patch but nothing work .

I wont be able to play this game anymore for this fkng PATCH.. very well ( Renegade cannot run on this computer because it requires Windows XP Service Pack 3 or higther.. ( btw im using windows vista 64 ultimate edition) and i could play before this patch

Did you try to:

- Uninstall Renegade

- Delete the Renegade old folder from your harddrive

- Install Renegade

- Update to 1.037

- Install TT 4.1 RC2

?

In the particular order above, it *should* work. Do you have teamviewer? I could maybe assist using that.

I got a bug too it seems or there is a server issue somewhere.  When I opened ren I got the message RenError_zpsca5c5e3f.jpg

Whe I clicked No it exited, when I clicked yes it loaded the game.  At that point I got the Ultra msg telling me I need to download the patch and goto tibtech website.

Did that manually installed no prob.  However everytime I start the game I get that msg now I can click yes to proceed and can play without a problem.  That error is anoying though and I'm not turning off my firewall for that. I made sure the games were allowed throughfirewall though. win 7 pro x64

I made sure the games were allowed throughfirewall though.

You have to make the same exception for Renlist and it's updater.exe, not just Renegade.

I have also found that Renlist won't work correctly unless it's set via the "Compatibility" tab in the "Properties" window to automatically "Run as Administrator" upon starting the program.  Same with WWConfig and just about every (dang*) program out there.

(*Insert profanity here)

Thats a no go, all renegade and renlist were already allowed, I added the updater but that didnt change anything. I get that message when the game goes to load not when renlist is loading.  Tried switching those settings around didnt change :/ Its the first day maybe some1 will find something

Well I tried, but beyond those little tips, I wouldn't know anything about it, as I still don't run 4 because my HUD requires custom shaders.

I still cant grasp why TT did certain things with scripts 4.

Personally, what dragged me back still again, was watching the AI on my buddy's install of the RenegadeX campaign act just like original Renegade's, and remembering all the pre-4.0 bugs that Ren had.

I actually MISSED bluehell.  New games, for example: where there's any bug, there's a way to exploit it for personal gain or team detriment, and therefore piss me off.  Renegade on the other hand, if you went to bluehell while in a safe area, or had a friend ready to take the veh over for a minute, you could rejoin and the bluehelled vehicle would usually be right where you last saw it on the map, but good luck bluehelling it on purpose..

wow im cannot believe how many people don't understand how simple it is to install.... The auto downloader for TT is down because of many issues so YOU HAVE to manually update the game files with the download from tiberiantechnologies.com

Umm, I think updating to these new scripts may remove some of your "extras". When I logged in after updating my stealth effect and reticule had been changed back to the default. Just an FYI.

soo does this mean im gonna have to start installing each scripts update manually for the first time since the auto update function was first added :yucky: ? if so that sucks, as its basically allowed me to just copy/paste my entire ren directory each time i had to get a new hard drive/computer and in somecases i didnt even have to run the installer, just clicking on the registry file in ren usually did it(said file seems to have disappeared now :(  )..... and thats worked over 3 computers and 6 hard drives (old comp seemed to like going om nom nom to my hard drives :(  )

EDIT: heck i had even forgotten the website i got the scripts from  :lol:

After a few bumps, I got it to work. However, my antivirus stopped the installation because of a herustic virus. False positive?

Heuristics is basically used by anti-viruses to detect a potential threat in a file that hasn't been marked as a virus by the virus definitions.

Your anti-virus has decided that something looks malicious.

After a few bumps, I got it to work. However, my antivirus stopped the installation because of a herustic virus. False positive?

Holy Hades it's Jim5Star! The only other person I know in Renegade who contributes even less than I do! :D

Hope you get it working bro, and welcome! Go make an introduction topic so I can make fun of you there instead  :D