zunnie

Well I updated very early and i had a good connection... They are saying there are issues with the auto update getting interrupted ...perhaps too many of you where doing other things while installing... causing a interruption and corrupting your update... I only had to click on the Renegade Launcher and voila updated, first came the files, then it auto installed Visual and DirectX and unpacked the updated files and boom was done....

I ran the "Tiberian Technologies Launcher" I didn't manually install anything.. It said downloading update and ran through the files, directx, visual etc... done

The TT launcher replaces Game.exe thats why most people get auto updates/errors when its down.

Afaik TT shut down the update server because people who auto-update get problems, you need to manually download the update from their website at http://www.tiberiantechnologies.org

Only problem with this is that ppl now get a wrong firewall notice :/

I ran the "Tiberian Technologies Launcher" I didn't manually install anything.. It said downloading update and ran through the files, directx, visual etc... done

Ā 

That is exactly what I tried first... and it broke lol. I guess the auto install only works for certain environments, anyone using a cpu with different settings gets screwed.

Ā 

so then I had to run all over doing all the crazy suggestions from various forums... finally got it working somehow but still have no idea how :S

The firewall notice occurs because the update server is offline while TT fix the auto-updater; they have already found out what the issue is and are working to fix it. Downloading the installing the 4.1 installer manually fixes most issues caused by the failed auto-update.

Ā 

For those interested, the issue is that the installer tries to install the C++ runtime and DirectX at the same time, when they should be run sequentially

Ā 

Holy Hades it's Jim5Star! The only other person I know in Renegade who contributes even less than I do! :D

Ā 

Hope you get it working bro, and welcome! Go make an introduction topic so I can make fun of you there insteadĀ  :D

Ā 

Yes....and now I shall open a thread to start talks to pinpoint exactly which hacks your using!

PS You STILL havent answered why we havent played your map in a long time.

Ā  Ā 

Yes....and now I shall open a thread to start talks to pinpoint exactly which hacks your using!

PS You STILL havent answered why we havent played your map in a long time.

Haha, by all means dear Paxton, by all means.

Ā 

The reason we have not played my new map is because MPF is developing new scripts for the server and my LATEST versions will (should) be included in that.

@EE

The firewall thing is super annoying. I hope they fix all this shit soon.

Anybody else have this, each time i login trough renlist the autoinstaller install tt4.1 again even if it's already installed. I can play but only after install is finished. then when i logoof & log back in, the installer starts again repaerting doing the things it already have done...