Gravity Zone

Pwn Call

I don't know if there is a script out there already but I was basically looking to have it change all characters Gravity Scale setting to a custom amount.

I was thinking it oculd be done using a zone and for maps with different gravity you can just make the zone cover the whole map.

I know i could just temp the presets but i would rather not have to temp every char if there was a script already.

Hmm... I can't help seeing as I don't make maps and would have no clue if such a script exists, but it sounds fun. Maybe see what the maps moon and mars did and duplicate that? Unless you're going for something more complicated, such as anti-gravity lifts?

Well pwn-call... You better make it worth your time on that map buddy, you know how fasr ppl use !skip on mars and moon...

I mean time to time uts fun to play those maps but with the bigger comunity its not the favorite...

Well pwn-call... You better make it worth your time on that map buddy, you know how fast ppl use !skip on mars and moon...

I mean time to time its fun to play those maps but with the bigger comunity its not the favorite...

There's nothing inherently wrong with low gravity for infantry. Being able to jump high is fun and sometimes provides new strategies.

The main problem with Mars and the Moon isn't the low gravity, its the fact that they are frigging sniperfests. HUGE OPEN SPACES WITH NO COVER WHATSOEVER. Even the bases have no cover so snipers can kill everyone and stop people from getting into any tanks they buy.

/begin-not-so-relevant-rant

sure mars has tunnels, but u sure as hell aren't reaching them once snipers get into position. Once that happens all strategy goes out the window, its just a competition between who can lag kill better, and those without the soft/hardware to do so have to suck it up and get spawnkilled over and over... once that happens anyone with half a brain rates the map as trash not worthy of existing in a strategy game, while the few laggy snipers who deluded themselves into thinking they are awesome rate it highly because they think they can show off how well they can imitate a mindless triggerbot instead of doing anything remotely resembling strategic gameplay..

/endrant

I tried messing around with the grav scales in game and the results weren't useful (although quite funny). The client probably has to be running the same settings as the server so changing the grav scale on the fly doesn't work visually on the client (jumps are always the same height, then you teleport to where the server thinks you should be once you hit the ground again).

This is the code I was using in case anyone wants to correct/improve my thinking:

ScriptableGameObj* GameObj = Get_GameObj(PlayerID);if (GameObj){	PhysicalGameObj* PhysicalObj = GameObj->As_PhysicalGameObj();	if (PhysicalObj)	{		PhysClass* Phys = PhysicalObj->Peek_Physical_Object();		if (Phys)		{			MoveablePhysClass* MoveablePhys = Phys->As_MoveablePhysClass();			if (MoveablePhys)			{				/*				MoveablePhys->Set_Gravity_Multiplier(1000.0f);				Console_Input("msg Applied grav scale");				*/				Console_Input(TT_FORMAT(128, "msg Your grav scale is %.2f", MoveablePhys->Get_Gravity_Multiplier()));				Console_Input(TT_FORMAT(128, "msg Your definition grav scale is %.2f", ((MoveablePhysDefClass*)MoveablePhys->Get_Definition())->Get_Grav_Scale()));				MoveablePhys->Set_Gravity_Multiplier(50.0f);				((MoveablePhysDefClass*)MoveablePhys->Get_Definition())->Set_Grav_Scale(50.0f);				Console_Input(TT_FORMAT(128, "msg Your grav scale is %.2f", MoveablePhys->Get_Gravity_Multiplier()));			}			else			{				Console_Input("msg No MoveablePhys");			}		}		else		{			Console_Input("msg No PhysCall");		}	}	else	{		Console_Input("msg No PhysicalGameObj");	}}else{	Console_Input("msg No ScriptableGameObj");}

I think I'm. Just going to have to temp all the presets in level edit which is what I didn't want to do. Either way it will get the job done

A zone with negative gravity could be fun. It could be used as a lift, and if you placed a very slim area with strong negative gravity, and placed another zone with strong positive gravity right on top, you could create a kind of shock pad. The bottom zone stops your fall and the top keeps you from bouncing back up. You wouldn't be able to jump but assuming it was like pit of cotton, it would make sense because cotton would just absorb the force of your jump.

The only problem is you would need another script to flip you vehicles/infantry upside down as well otherwise you would be running on your head.