Support Bots Fixed

zunnie

Guest Mauler

And you need to fix the cinematic animations for the nod transport..... ATM it isn't using proper files for animations for flying and door opening/ropes

It's a simple fix editing the text files

Guest Mauler

Bots don't work well online due to not having infantry way paths set up and lack of cover points... If they had clear paths on mp then you wouldn't have that mammy issue.. No mapper here does it, I have done it but on a smaller scale and on a infantry only map.. And you can see the vast improvement it makes..

is it possible to just make the bots not run around? That's kinda what gets them killed anyway (u just always see them running into harvs, tanks, around corners into shotguns/c4.. etc), would be stronger if they just held their positions and fired.

I was thinking along the lines of have the AI be informed what vehicle their target is driving and it's size so that they can compensate for it. Also have them check the direction their target is facing so they can stay out of it's way. They don't need to be smart, just less stupid. Their biggest flaw is the only info they're given is the location of their target, nothing else.

Hehe I could make them so good that they make you cry..

Just give them a ramjet and they will own your ass.

Some examples: calculate heading of object, looking on what floor the bot is standing (so it doesn't walk on tiberium), max damage output calculation based on it's weapon bag and it's opponents bones.

I always found it odd that bots could see an invisible unit while other players couldn't. I just thought that I should point it out, since I don't know if that is supposed to happen.

I agree, bot should ignore stealthed units until ss-units come to close or reveal themselfs... Is that possible? :huh:

i'm fine with bots just standing still and firing at anything that comes into range, even if its stealthed. That way they serve as enemy detectors and easy bait, and stop running into harvs lol.

• 4 weeks later...

The bots are broken again on nod. Did someone mess with the cinematic? Its  completely screwed up now, the rope is on top of the helicopter and only one bot actually gets out. I would also get rid of the hunt the player script used from m01 as its bugged and doesn't handle vehicles well at all. They actually work just fine with no script attached.

I noticed the other day on MetroTS, that they took an awful long time to repel down. It was my first time playing in a few weeks, so I didn't know if that was right or not.

Guest roszek

Kick noticed the Nod support troops not working after they were allegedly fixed, according to him and others (with the nod support only) 1 unit would come down the other 2 would climb back up the rope, so zunnie and I thought to put the old cinematics back till they can be properly looked at. If they are still not working then I would suggest Mauler take a look if he wants.  For what was needed only a script needed to be attached through the cinematics to stop the units from getting damage when they landed :/

They worked with the ones I gave zunnie. Something must have changed since then. It only happened this past week. I can send you the corrected ones again if you want.

I actually have cinematics that have the door animations working as well if you wanna just try those. I also have a 3 infantry paradrop one for the chinook and a 5 infantry paradrop for the c130.