zunnie

Restrictions  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Allow moderators to win?

• Yes
    • No

I'm split down the middle on this...

For...

It would be nice to be allowed to win the prizes...

Against...

Mods naturally play on the server quite a bit, I would even dare say more than normal players, so it may become easier for mods to win based solely on that...

Perhaps different win scenarios could be developed to make it, for a couple examples, most Auto-ReQs within the month, most enemy vehicle destructions within the month, most enemy building destructions within the month, etc. rather than most games played, most MPVs, etc...

Hmm the mods are players,buuuuuuuut

The normal non mod players might get the impression*think we abuse status* that things arent on the up an up. Altough i would love the idea, i expect bad fallout from it.

Imo being a *sexeh* mod is a prize on its own

:ph34r:

I think #WhiteNyte  has the right idea.  It can't be for most games or most times showed up in IRC.  So, in order to win a mod would have to win most kills etc just as #WhiteNyte suggests.   Having said that, you could debate on just about everything under the sun,  so as &Wyld states it to the point,  YES....

Pacifist Achievement: Have 10 times more building kills than player kills lol.

well actually that'd just encourage people to log on in the middle of the night so they can play with no one else online lol.

Is it possible to have a couple of prizes each month listed.   If possible  an in game poll (like next map)  to choose from.  I believe if all the players had a say in the prize they would be more accepting should a mod win.  Just not the same person / mod every month.. (mutiny!!)  And as we talked Z we can spice up the prizes a bit....

Opps bussardnr I was tying this as you posted my bad..

If so then I will be more than happy to answer you.  For the last 10 years this game has been a part of my life.  It has been my beer after work, or my (insert what you do to wind down after work here )  thing.  I have not the time nor the talent and patience to do what Zunnie and the other great members of the staff he have done to keep this game alive and not boring.  (insert sandwich spread here) 

Tens years later and a hell of a college bill I have been blessed with a good paying job.  I have started to donate here as it is my way of saying thank you.  I can take part of that donation and get some prizes or whatever Zunnie and staff agree on..  It is my privilege to help.  I haven't always been able to do that and now I can.

Last night I got ts3 going.  I was chatting with one of the mods while playing and then I was done.  I said "Goodnight"  the mod replied "Goodnight"

I sat back a moment later and thought;  how fuckin cool is that to be saying goodnight to peeps I've never met and live in countries far away.  I just thought that was cool..  Renegade

It is that simple.  I want nothing more nothing less.  Just be a part of this community of Renegade.  Simple. 

Instinct

I don't know about any other players here but I would be willing to bet you all have had a day or two doing something totally non Renegade but then think hmmm  If I would have just  hid a bit longer behind that bush I coulda whacked Wyld a good one. 

Sadly, I only thought of those moments when it was too late.. :D

Renegade is in the blood.   (or its some sort of addiction!)

how about whoever gets ranked #1 gets $10 dollars that we use from the donations ;p Its cool to get games from the prizes but who really plays them? lol. Everyone plays renegade mostly.

The prizes won't be paid from donations. I usually pay it 100% myself, but sometimes i just dont have the money for it; like last month.

Until just now instinct offered to pay for the game-prizes every month :o:D Which is great of course ^^

I think we'll leave the prize restriction for moderators in place though; im not sure yet. :/

Do you think players would go for computer parts.  I mean brand new mobos to new wireless mouse -keyboards.  cpus, gpus etc

It is a good idea i think. I can only not stop to think that this may fail from time to time though where players don't pickup their prize at the store/checkpoint etc.

Perhaps just a general poll on what type prizes players would be interested in:

1)  games

2 ) computer parts

3)  hookers

4)  cell phone apps

5)  stealth mode for a month

Disclaimer:

These prizes are suggestions only and not to be used, misinterpreted  or affiliated with MPF or any of its subsidiaries :D

It is a good idea i think. I can only not stop to think that this may fail from time to time though where players don't pickup their prize at the store/checkpoint etc.

That's true and nothing can be done about it. Perhaps to insure that person gets a prize he or she will use there can be a list of prizes each month with variable ways to get them. If a player wins a prize he cant go pickup at a checkpoint, but his parents let us know ok to ship to home then we will accommodate that player to the fullest.

How bout an end of the year best player gets a new car !!! Ok, a new monitor etc.... Guess I like winning stuff, especially if I were to earn it here.

I personally think Moderators should be allowed to participate in competitions due too the fact they also play for fun just like the rest of us, why should they be excluded from this? 

Sure they are moderators but they are gamers first, they keep the servers free of hackers/noobs/trashtalkers which without them (moderators) would mess up the overall competition. 

As for prizes, I believe prizes are down to the suppliers choice. If you don't want to win something that is being offered then don't partake in the competition. If you see something you need then sure go ahead and have sleepless nights on ren. 

i agree i think it shuldnt be a prob with mods getting the prizes as well even though they are playin a lot for th emost part but as others said they shuldnt be excluded cause even though they are part of the staff they are still players playing 2 have a good time :)