Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome, Guest!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

zunnie

contest Prize Restriction Removal?

Restrictions  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Allow moderators to win?

• Yes
    • No

I'm split down the middle on this...

For...

It would be nice to be allowed to win the prizes...

Against...

Mods naturally play on the server quite a bit, I would even dare say more than normal players, so it may become easier for mods to win based solely on that...

Perhaps different win scenarios could be developed to make it, for a couple examples, most Auto-ReQs within the month, most enemy vehicle destructions within the month, most enemy building destructions within the month, etc. rather than most games played, most MPVs, etc...

Hmm the mods are players,buuuuuuuut

The normal non mod players might get the impression*think we abuse status* that things arent on the up an up. Altough i would love the idea, i expect bad fallout from it.

Imo being a *sexeh* mod is a prize on its own

:ph34r:

I think #WhiteNyte  has the right idea.  It can't be for most games or most times showed up in IRC.  So, in order to win a mod would have to win most kills etc just as #WhiteNyte suggests.   Having said that, you could debate on just about everything under the sun,  so as &Wyld states it to the point,  YES....

Do any of the mods actually WANT the prizes though? If they are all going to pass anyway, you might as well restrict it to give players a better impression lol.

I Dont have a problem. I never get to the top anyway....Of course now that Falcod(because he is first a lot) is a mod some might say its not fair because we started this after he become a mod. But then again, he never accepted the prize anyway.  Just a thought.

I think we should also mix it up, not just mvps or points. But building reps, auto reps, kills, etc...OR we could mix it up and say the player with the LEAST amount of kills is the winner. :spiteful: that would be interesting...

Pacifist Achievement: Have 10 times more building kills than player kills lol.

well actually that'd just encourage people to log on in the middle of the night so they can play with no one else online lol.

Is it possible to have a couple of prizes each month listed.   If possible  an in game poll (like next map)  to choose from.  I believe if all the players had a say in the prize they would be more accepting should a mod win.  Just not the same person / mod every month.. (mutiny!!)  And as we talked Z we can spice up the prizes a bit....

Opps bussardnr I was tying this as you posted my bad..

If so then I will be more than happy to answer you.  For the last 10 years this game has been a part of my life.  It has been my beer after work, or my (insert what you do to wind down after work here )  thing.  I have not the time nor the talent and patience to do what Zunnie and the other great members of the staff he have done to keep this game alive and not boring.  (insert sandwich spread here) 

Tens years later and a hell of a college bill I have been blessed with a good paying job.  I have started to donate here as it is my way of saying thank you.  I can take part of that donation and get some prizes or whatever Zunnie and staff agree on..  It is my privilege to help.  I haven't always been able to do that and now I can.

Last night I got ts3 going.  I was chatting with one of the mods while playing and then I was done.  I said "Goodnight"  the mod replied "Goodnight"

I sat back a moment later and thought;  how fuckin cool is that to be saying goodnight to peeps I've never met and live in countries far away.  I just thought that was cool..  Renegade

It is that simple.  I want nothing more nothing less.  Just be a part of this community of Renegade.  Simple. 

Instinct

I don't know about any other players here but I would be willing to bet you all have had a day or two doing something totally non Renegade but then think hmmm  If I would have just  hid a bit longer behind that bush I coulda whacked Wyld a good one. 

Sadly, I only thought of those moments when it was too late.. :D

Renegade is in the blood.   (or its some sort of addiction!)

how about whoever gets ranked #1 gets $10 dollars that we use from the donations ;p Its cool to get games from the prizes but who really plays them? lol. Everyone plays renegade mostly.

The prizes won't be paid from donations. I usually pay it 100% myself, but sometimes i just dont have the money for it; like last month.

Until just now instinct offered to pay for the game-prizes every month :o:D Which is great of course ^^

I think we'll leave the prize restriction for moderators in place though; im not sure yet. :/

Do you think players would go for computer parts.  I mean brand new mobos to new wireless mouse -keyboards.  cpus, gpus etc

It is a good idea i think. I can only not stop to think that this may fail from time to time though where players don't pickup their prize at the store/checkpoint etc.

Perhaps just a general poll on what type prizes players would be interested in:

1)  games

2 ) computer parts

3)  hookers

4)  cell phone apps

5)  stealth mode for a month

Disclaimer:

These prizes are suggestions only and not to be used, misinterpreted  or affiliated with MPF or any of its subsidiaries :D

It is a good idea i think. I can only not stop to think that this may fail from time to time though where players don't pickup their prize at the store/checkpoint etc.

That's true and nothing can be done about it. Perhaps to insure that person gets a prize he or she will use there can be a list of prizes each month with variable ways to get them. If a player wins a prize he cant go pickup at a checkpoint, but his parents let us know ok to ship to home then we will accommodate that player to the fullest.

How bout an end of the year best player gets a new car !!! Ok, a new monitor etc.... Guess I like winning stuff, especially if I were to earn it here.

I personally think Moderators should be allowed to participate in competitions due too the fact they also play for fun just like the rest of us, why should they be excluded from this? 

Sure they are moderators but they are gamers first, they keep the servers free of hackers/noobs/trashtalkers which without them (moderators) would mess up the overall competition. 

As for prizes, I believe prizes are down to the suppliers choice. If you don't want to win something that is being offered then don't partake in the competition. If you see something you need then sure go ahead and have sleepless nights on ren. 

i agree i think it shuldnt be a prob with mods getting the prizes as well even though they are playin a lot for th emost part but as others said they shuldnt be excluded cause even though they are part of the staff they are still players playing 2 have a good time :)

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By poLemin
      This level was created for the Epic Games & MapCore's Team Showdown Contest
    • By zunnie
      UltraAOW NewMaps Prizes for the Mother of all Battles Week 1
      (Available on Steam ONLY) (Available on Steam ONLY)
      Mother of all Battles - Week 1 - Results
      3 Copies of Age of Empires II HD Edition

Requirement: Top 3 most Score:
      1- NFHAVOC with 816432 score
      2- PELO with 540965 score
      3- jeff560 with 329924 score
      4- alikenss with 298473 score
      5- DrunkyBear with 235461 score
      2 Copies of Unreal Tournament 3 Black Edition

Requirement: Top 2 most kills:
      1- PELO with 857 kills
      2- NFHAVOC with 667 kills
      3- MPFKickmofo with 565 kills
      4- r3surr3Kt|x| with 521 kills
      5- MPFRohirrim6 with 519 kills
      1 Copy of the Complete Pack for Sanctum 2

Requirement: Most games played:
      1- NFHAVOC with 141 games
      2- PELO with 120 games
      3- r3surr3Kt|x| with 113 games
      4- jeff560 with 77 games
      5- poroksB0s with 71 games
      1 Copy of the Commandos Collection

Requirement: Most Points:
      1- NFHAVOC with 1019 rank points
      2- PELO with 867 rank points
      3- alikenss with 487 rank points
      4- jeff560 with 427 rank points
      5- MPFBaddog13 with 375 rank points
      1 Copy of How to Survive

Requirement: Most Deaths:
      1- NFHAVOC with 1276 deaths
      2- coolman1321 with 613 deaths
      3- DrunkyBear with 553 deaths
      4- alikenss with 529 deaths
      5- PELO with 498 deaths
      Where can i lookup my stats?
      http://ren.multiplayerforums.com/ranks/NewMaps/ranks_moabweek1.php
      How to obtain my prize?
      I will be contacting everyone about the prizes asap. If the no1 does not respond or doesn't want it, then i will give it to the no2 etc.
    • By zunnie
      www.ultraaow.com - Visit our Website | www.multiplayerforums.com - Sign up Now
      UltraAOW NewMaps: Mother of all Battles Week
      In the "Mother of all Battles Week" we will set the max player count to 126 temporarily, we hope to see some great battles going on between Nod and GDI
      Also, in this weekend you can win several game(collections) on Steam! More info below...
      All you have to do is be a member of our forums and play as much as you can during the week(end) days.
      When?
      Starting on the morning of Friday the 13th of November 2015 we will temporarily replace the rankings on UltraAOW NewMaps with a clean one.
      During the weekend, week and weekend after till Monday the 23rd of November 2015 it will collect player statistics and at midnight Dutch time GMT+1 it ends.
      After the event the statistics will return to normal and proceed where they left off.
      Here: http://ren.multiplayerforums.com/ranks/NewMaps/(will be cleaned when the weekend event starts)
      Rules of Engagement?
      Most important rules:
      You cannot ever cheat on any of our servers You cannot use advantage skins or models You must be registered on our forums over here You must have a Steam Account to receive the Prize Anything you *think* is inappropiate should not be done, if in doubt: Ask a moderator or admin Other important rules you should know about to avoid being (q)kicked, banned or excluded from the contest: Please click here to review all server rules: http://multiplayerforums.com/topic/36-newmaps-42-server-extended-rules/
      Other Requirements: TT 4.2
      The Tiberian Technologies Update 4.2 for Renegade is required to play on the server.
      You can download it on their official website if you do not already have it.
      It adds lots of extra's, bugfixes, anti-cheat and a ingame automatic map-downloader, awesome stuff!
      The Prizes
      - The players in the Top 3 with Most Score will receive on Steam the game Age of Empires II HD Edition:

- The players in the Top 2 with Most Kills will receive on Steam the game Unreal Tournament 3 Black Edition:

- The player with the Most Played Games will receive on Steam the game-pack Sanctum 2 Complete:

- The player with the Most Points will receive on Steam the game-collection Commandos Collection:

- The player with the Most Deaths will receive on Steam the game How to Survive:

The Map Rotation
      SeasideCanyon Canyon_Falls Country_Meadow Nightfly2
      Bio MtPass Stockade Atoll
      Tropical Tech_City LittleHillRumble2 Mines
      BlazingSands City2 Oasis_Flying HillBilly_Valley
      Urban_Warfare Terrace Aftermath River_RaidTS
      Tib_Field Lake_Garden Death_Pass City_Flying_SE
      SeasideSunset BoxedInV4 Cold_Valley MetroTS
      Gobi MtPass DesertTunnels TheCanyon
      GreatWall Dawn_Raid Dusk Cliffs
      RiverValley Vile_Facility DomesV2 Gigantomachy
      Fortress2k4 MPF_Meadow Mars Tib_Forest
      Land_Day Basin MPF_Snipers Winter_Assault
      Lunar_Landing Last_Stand BattleForMidway Damm
      Arid MPF_Big_Walls Cold_River Great_Mountains
      Nova Night0X Sand Hidden_Valley
      Country_Side Bridge Industrial_Strength Battleground
      Heightfield City_Flying_Re Forest_Falls GreatUnder
      [Ocean_View] Plunder_Valley TCW_Spikewar MtBog
      Pacific Alpine Caves Detroit
      Blizzard Killer_Cove_v2 Cold_Waters Airai
      MPF_Valley Forgotten_Town Secretbase Orca_Heights
      Bridge_Control Cracked Arctic Death_Trap_snow
      CloseCombat FalcWhore Bunkers Cold_Wall
      Colossus2r1 Sidewinder Desert_Seige2fx Deth_River
      River_Canyon Cairo Conquest_Winter ULake
      Divergence BunkersTS BasinTS High_Altitude
      Infinite_Isle Flooded Tib_Pit_3 Winter_Assault
      FieldTS Underpass MPF_Under Skull_Isle
      SunFusion River_of_Hope Backstab Winter_Field
      Ravine
      Active Server Plugins
      Of course the server will run our own MPF_NewMaps.dll plugin which adds additional functionality to the server such as Veterancy and Special Crates & Power-ups.
      Other plugins running on the server are for example the Team Donate and !ammo purchase ability every minute. Type !cmds for a list.
      You can also type !swap to change teams with someone on the opposite team, or to balance the teams.
      For a full list of modifications and adjustments please visit our Website.
      Thanks
      Thanks people for reading this and maybe joining up.
      Let's kick some fkn ass!
    • By zunnie
      www.ultraaow.com - Visit our Website | www.multiplayerforums.com - Sign up Now
      UltraAOW NewMaps: Mother of all Battles Weekend #2
      In the "Mother of all Battles Weekend" we will set the max player count to 126 temporarily, we hope to see some great battles going on between Nod and GDI
      Also, in this weekend you can win the game collection "Sanctum 2 Complete" on Steam which contains everything for Sanctum 2's DLC's and the game itself!
      All you have to do is be a member of our forums and play the weekend! The person with the most "real" buildings destroyed will receive this prize from me.

When?
      Starting on the morning of Friday the 9th of October 2015 we will temporarily replace the rankings on UltraAOW NewMaps with a clean one.
      During the weekend it will collect player statistics and on Monday the 12th of October 2015 at midnight Dutch time GMT+1 it ends.
      After the weekend the statistics will be restored to what they were and continue as normal.
      Here: http://ren.multiplayerforums.com/ranks/NewMaps/(will be cleaned when the weekend event starts)
      Rules of Engagement?
      Most important rules:
      You cannot ever cheat on any of our servers You cannot use advantage skins or models You must be registered on our forums over here You must have a Steam Account to receive the Prize Anything you *think* is inappropiate should not be done, if in doubt: Ask a moderator or admin Other important rules you should know about to avoid being (q)kicked, banned or excluded from the contest: Please click here to review all server rules: http://rules.ultraaow.com
      Other Requirements: TT 4.2
      The Tiberian Technologies Update 4.2 for Renegade is required to play on the server.
      You can download it on their official website if you do not already have it.
      It adds lots of extra's, bugfixes, anti-cheat and a ingame automatic map-downloader, awesome stuff!
      The Map Rotation
      MtBog Country_Meadow Pacific Alpine
      Caves Detroit Blizzard Killer_Cove_v2
      Cold_Waters Airai MPF_Valley Forgotten_Town
      Orca_Heights Bridge_Control Cracked Arctic
      Death_Trap_snow CloseCombat FalcWhore Bunkers
      Cold_Wall Colossus2r1 Desert_Seige2fx Deth_River
      Cairo Conquest_Winter ULake Divergence
      BunkersTS BasinTS Ridge_Warfare High_Altitude
      Infinite_Isle Flooded Tib_Pit_3 Winter_Assault
      FieldTS Underpass River_of_Hope Backstab
      Winter_Field Bio MtPass Stockade
      Atoll Ridge_Warfare Tropical LittleHillRumble2
      Mines BlazingSands City2 Oasis_Flying
      HillBilly_Valley Urban_Warfare Terrace Aftermath
      Lake_Garden Death_Pass City_Flying_SE BoxedInV4
      Cold_Valley MetroTS Gobi MtPass
      DesertTunnels TheCanyon GreatWall Dawn_Raid
      Dusk Cliffs Vile_Facility DomesV2
      Gigantomachy Fortress2k4 MPF_Meadow Mars
      Land_Day Basin MPF_Snipers Winter_Assault
      Lunar_Landing Last_Stand BattleForMidway Damm
      Arid MPF_Big_Walls Cold_River Great_Mountains
      Night0X Sand Hidden_Valley Country_Side
      Bridge Industrial_Strength Battleground Heightfield
      City_Flying_Re Forest_Falls Dust_Training Ravine
      Renegade Imperial Age D3 Maps
      On several maps there is the ability to deploy vehicles and blockades with the Q, N, B keys or an Anti-Tank mine with M using the Sapper character (The alternative Engineer).
      Please download and run the keys.cfg installation file from here: http://keys.ultraaow.com
      Active Server Plugins
      Of course the server will run our own MPF_NewMaps.dll plugin which adds additional functionality to the server such as Veterancy and Special Crates & Power-ups.
      Other plugins running on the server are for example the Team Donate and !ammo purchase ability every minute. Type !cmds for a list.
      You can also type !swap to change teams with someone on the opposite team, or to balance the teams.
      For a full list of modifications and adjustments please visit our Website.
      Thanks
      Thanks people for reading this and maybe joining up the Weekend.
      Let's kick some ass!
    • By zunnie
      UltraAOW NewMaps Prizes for August 2015
      (Available on Steam ONLY) (Available on Steam ONLY)
      3 Copies of Unreal Tournament 3

Requirement: Top 3 most kills:
      1- Martel 1865 kills
      2- MPFRohirrim6 1329 kills
      3- LiMaDo 1215 kills
      2 Copies of the Commandos Collection

Requirement: Top 2 best K/D and a minimum of 25 games played:
      1- Relentless 10.31 k/d with a minimum of 25 games
      2- Hunter-Seeker 3.09 k/d with a minimum of 25 games
      3- Fee 2.81 k/d with a minimum of 25 games
      1 Copy of Command and Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars

Requirement: Most Score:
      1- LiMaDo has 1089099 score
      2- Martel has 712538 score
      3- PELO has 630147 score
      1 Copy of Age of Empires III Complete Edition

Requirement: Most Buildings Destroyed:
      1- LiMaDo destroyed 149 buildings
      2- Martel destroyed 69 buildings
      3- kirou11 destroyed 54 buildigns
      1 Copy of Counterstrike Global Offensive

Requirement: Most Vehicles Destroyed:
      1- PELO with 640 vehicle destructions
      2- Martel with 450 vehicle destructions
      3- MPFRohirrim6 with 436 vehicle destructions
      1 Copy of How to Survive

Requirement: Most Repair Points:
      Top 3:
      1- Captpo0ed with 157760 repair points
      2- kirou11 with 118064 repair points
      3- RIDERSRULE with 111984 repair points
      Here: http://ren.multiplayerforums.com/ranks/NewMaps/ranks_contest_08172015.php
      How to obtain my prize?
      I will be contacting everyone about the prizes asap. If the no1 does not respond or doesn't wnat it, then i will give it to the no2 etc.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.