USB3 Problems

unknown

Question

I've got a GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3-R4 motherboard with Windows 8.1 pro on it and the usb3 ports on it don't want to work anything i do plug into it shows up and goes away or dos'nt show up at all.

I have tried afew different things via Google nothings worked yet.

7 answers to this question

Flip your usb connection 180 degrees. If it doesnt fit, flip it again 180 degrees. If it still doesnt work flip it 180 degrees again it magically works...

Trust me, I found this solution on the internet

Flip your usb connection 180 degrees. If it doesnt fit, flip it again 180 degrees. If it still doesnt work flip it 180 degrees again it magically works...

Trust me, I found this solution on the internet

umm............wat? lol

Did u installed new Windows 8.1 on the computer? If so, I will need to test it on mines myself, to see if it works, as soon as my Hard Drive gets here.

umm............wat? lol

Did u installed new Windows 8.1 on the computer? If so, I will need to test it on mines myself, to see if it works, as soon as my Hard Drive gets here.

Yes fresh install and the gigabyte usb3 drivers.

Yeah sometimes usb3 ports like to screw around. I had a similar problem with my laptop (also windows 8.1). I tried reinstalling drivers aswell but it didnt work. The only thing rhat resolved my problem was complete reinstallation of the os.

Yeah sometimes usb3 ports like to screw around. I had a similar problem with my laptop (also windows 8.1). I tried reinstalling drivers aswell but it didnt work. The only thing rhat resolved my problem was complete reinstallation of the os.

Yeah don't want to do a os reinstall.