Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome, Guest!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
Jerad2142

Sup'

Just saying hey.

I've been around Renegade for a long time, although the on-line community not as much. I'm the lead producer of the standalone game Expansive Civilian Warfare and the Bear Island map for Renegade. I'm also part of Tiberian Technologies currently helping them with scripts 4.2 for Renegade.

Hi welcome :) Nice to see you registered here to participate a bit :)

We're very active in renegade and making maps and stuff for it :)

I've seen your server online, haven't joined it yet though lol :/ Maybe soon :P

PS: Hi :)

Hi! Yes you have been around for a while. I have watched my youngest get eaten by your bears! Awesome to have you here.  Thanks for posting and don't let this me your only post!

Welcome to MPF Forums.

This community seems to be slightly more alive then the others, which is good to see. I often find my self regretting not getting into more forums when Renegade was more alive earlier on.

&Wyld - Uhoh, letting your kids play Renegade? Seems risky, its a pretty addicting game.

The server is running 4.2, part of its main reason of existing is so I can test and make sure 4.2 is more like stock Renegade than 4.1 was, also keeping an eye out for any backward compatibility issues, so far we've run into some issues with the new level editor that I don't know if they will be fixed for 4.1 (if you save a level with the 4.2 level editor, all vehicles seem to get detected as turret vehicle type to 4.1 players, which means they don't move and update correctly).

Fixed a few bugs that bothered the heck out of me so far, vehicle break lights lighting wrong, players colliding on ladders (this one was bad),  also added what surface a vehicles wheels are contacting, this should allow you guys to make scripts for player harvesters that start harvesting when they drive on tiberium without placing zones (hopefully it'll be useful).

Nice, i would not worry about backward compatibility though, people should update to the latest version.

We have been and will be enforcing the use of the latest TT Updates on our server and our playercounts are quite good really.

Looks like there are more people that DO have the update than don't. I think.

Yeah, however I always worry about the chance that something will be changed that'll break some mod that worked in 4.1. For example, aircraft AI has been shot since 4.0 (it fly's all retarded, it can't strafe anymore which pisses me off to hell and back).

Guest rackzz

by all i have read now, i think im going to wait with mapping till scripts 4.2 is on full stage,no big problemm. theres enought time to create some more static objects then :D i really like the idea of creating tiberium without zones, do you think this could be expanded? so i could use terrain textures as base building zones for my rts mode? or other kind of deployment ? :D

anyways, late hi :P

Well the vehicles detecting what terrain they are on is more of a hack that I made for Reborn (They wanted jonwil to make a method damage vehicles that drove on certain surface effects but he didn't think it could be done before 4.2's release date). So all this really does is check the wheel bones of the vehicles and if they are on the surface type that is being checked for it returns true.

So I guess if you have a vehicle that can only deploy in certain spots this will work for base building, otherwise you need something a bit smarter.