Can't Play

trunkskgb

Question

So I tried loading into Renegade last night, and was NOT able to join on Lake Garden.

If I tried through Renlist 1.8, it gave me a popup telling me I was not updated to the most recent version, but I am.

I couldn't connect thought the client itself either.

I could ever load in Jelly and play there JUST FINE.

I was also able to play Sleepy Hollow last week, and Cold River just fine.

What the hell is going on here? Do I need to download like extra shit to play certain maps?

9 answers to this question

Is it possibly an issue with the maps your computer is downloading and/or have saved locally?  I don't have any problems other than a disconnect like once a week, if not less.

Since this is happening on certain maps and not others, i'd be willing to bet it's a corrupted map on your computer.  They don't always download properly, which is why i think my game crashes every now and then, but I always just delete the map it loaded and then redownload when i join the server.  Maybe a different issue, but a suggestion still.

I suppose it could be a file conflict somewhere. I don't prefer to play IK maps anyway, but I'd like to join up near the end of a map so I'm ready for the next to start. It was quite frustrating.

IK releases so much new stuff, I don't think this will be the end of my struggle.

I won't be downloading a new version each time I play, I'll tell you that much.

the ttfs should just download the files for you.  If you just wipe your ttfs and startover it'll fix it.  If you have slow internet connection you might not wanna do that though... pm me on IRC if you want some help with this.

Well it only appears to happen on IK maps, so I'm not all that concerned. I am however reformatting my PC this evening, so I'll be starting from scratch soon anyway. 

Well it only appears to happen on IK maps, so I'm not all that concerned. I am however reformatting my PC this evening, so I'll be starting from scratch soon anyway. 

I think you got the corrupted Lake Garden map files.

Best solution is to pin point a map file name. Example if it were lake_garden go into %appdata%/Roaming/Renegade/Client/ttfs/

To go into roaming hit up the start window icon and search for %appdata% unless you are not using window's than I am not sure

You will see files folder and packages.dat.

Delete packages.dat and go into the files folder. Inside here is where all the files for a specific maps and mod are store so look for a the file name lake_garden by using the search files. Delete all lake_garden files like "1242595e.c&c_lake_garden_d2.ddb" for an example and rejoin. It should solve the issue

DO NOT DELETE THE FILES FOLDER UNLESS YOU WANT TO RE-DOWNLOAD EVERYTHING. Estimate around 500mb of Imperial Age content.

Cannot download a specific map most likely you either download halfway and it register as complete that is why it crash and is corrupted. Or you got the outdated one.