Renegade X degradation

MPRA2

Question

My Renegade-X beta 4 hasn't been touched since it got released. Everything was all up and running fine until I left the game alone for a month or so.....and now I cant even start the game. it gives me an error saying "RUN WITH UDK has stopped working"

then the typical error report. I heard like a split second of the menu music playing before it crashed, but now it just spends 2 seconds on the black screen and then goes back to the desktop... I'm going to see if re-installing would work, but im assuming it wont.

I have all my drivers and my system up to date, so that cant be the problem either.

S.O.S. ;-;

7 answers to this question

Oh, I had the same error after I updated RenX to v4 on its release date, but later. I am not exactly sure anymore what I did afterwards to fix it or solve it, but it worked. hmm...

Check the Ren-X Launcher. Does it show up on bottom left corner: "Game is up to date! Open Beta v4.02"?

What servers are you trying to join? Maybe there are still outdated and/or bugged servers listed which kinda prevents you from joining with an error?

I kinda remember "that" hotfix to v4.02, maybe you simply missed it to update RenX after all these weeks you werent playing.

actually, it is up to date, I just downloaded the game from the site and checked for updates via the launcher, I just try starting the main game offline for skirmish, and it crashes too. the only server I join is the EKT - Marathon server; as it is the only one populated by human beings.

some weird thing happened..... I just set the compatibility to windows 8, and now it works........ very sluggishly though.... now im starting to get lower FPS too for some reason.