Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome, Guest!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Genesis2001

Megathread: Future for MPF

We all know Renegade is dying. Jelly's nearly dead (if not already dead). RenCorner is alive and now competes with MPF for players in Renegade, but they also have support for Killing Floor, and other games. At the very least, Renegade won't be here forever. Eventually TT will get tired of supporting Renegade as their lives become ever busier. 

We're looking for alternative games you guys like to play that are, preferably, multiplayer or co-op (singleplayer is acceptable if you think we can build the community around it).

Some examples of good, popular games that include a multiplayer aspect are:

• GTA5 (multiplayer, self-hosted servers coming soon brought you by the community)
  • Killing Floor 2 (sequel to Killing Floor, zombie shooter game, co-op, 6 players)
  • ARK: Survival Evolved (Minecraft meets Dinosaurs meets Unreal Engine)
  • Natural Selection 2
  • Team Fortress 2 (okay, it's old. I get it.)
  • Minecraft

Other games for servers we can't host (mostly MMOs):

• Star Trek Online (STO) (MMO, Free to play (Guild Wars purchase model - buy once, play forever))
  • Final Fantasy XIV (FFXIV) (MMO, Pay to play (WoW purchase model - buy once, pay each month)) (new expansion coming out this month (June 2015))
  • Heroes of the Storm (MOBA by Blizzard, Free to play - like League of Legends of DOTA2)

List some ideas, and commentary, below. :)

Guest UItmaWepn

Call Of Duty's made by Activision are popular and are FPS's like renegade. I am not sure if you guys would want to include that game but it is an option right?

A few games that I know. But from my suggestion is best find and look into new and popular games like indie games.

Project Zomboid ( The sims family in Zombie Apocaylse and a little bit of minecraft )

http://projectzomboid.com/

One of the warhammer 40k Eternal Crusade might be something we can take a look. Pre-alpha stage tho.

If I'm not dealing with life and I'm not here, these two games are typically where I am. (Both on steam)

TERA Online - FTP action MMORPG (No private servers, form a guild most likely, needs a decent computer)

Unturned - FTP indie zombie survival game (Open beta, but still really fun despite the occasional bug. Private servers hold around 30 players from what I've seen, although setting them up is annoying, if you can run Renegade, you can run this)

Public release is 2.2.x, latest preview is 3.10.8.5 (Updates almost daily, enter "OPERATIONMAPLELEAF" in the Betas tab in properties for the game on steam to access preview version)

what about CS:GO?

ive been working in the background to set a server up, but we need players to fill it up occasionally.

ive been working in the background to set a server up, but we need players to fill it up occasionally.

I hear that might be hard because no one(read: very few) plays community servers in CS/GO. Although I still need to get hlstatsx working for that lol

I vote for some of my other favorites, that are runescape (free to play mmorpg). And super smash brothers 4 for the wii U. Surprisingly unique and awesome fighting game.

If you make a CS:GO server then you should have it run a fun mod that everyone can enjoy and attract new players . It would be better than competing with 1000s of vanilla servers for players, many of them being empty as well.

The Zombie Escape mod is a good example of a mod that has a good following and is fun. Unlike regular zombie mod, the aim isn’t to bully the half of the players who are forced to be zombies by hiding somewhere outside the map. Instead one person is an OP zombie that infects everyone he touches and everyone runs away from him.  You can look up game play videos and see really well designed maps with different levels in them and boss fights.

There are other fun mods that the server could have like Warcraft, Warcraft Zombies etc.

Call of dookie, Travis, call of dootie? Call of dumb@$$e$? Anyway, if mineshaft was free to play I would be around. That game is actually relaxing to me... except those exploding green guys. 

if mineshaft was free to play I would be around. That game is actually relaxing to me... except those exploding green guys. 

Could always host a cracked server. Then people who don't own the game could use a cracked client to connect, and everyone else could connect as usual.

Yes, Grax! I, personally, would like that! Not to sound like a cheap bastard but saving money here and there allows to spend on things you really want :)

I downloaded the free version of Minecraft and play in MPF server. Just hit Cronus up to work his magic.

UT3 and UT4 are nice. Many people already play UT4. You just have to join your server everyday to keep it active.

UT3 isnt that active HOWEVER if you join your UT3 server everyday then others will join too after a few minutes waiting.

It's keeping it occupied for people to join, its in a simular state as Renegade, only a few servers get most people, but not everyone has a 'home' yet.

I'm running a UT3 server on my homepc right now (it can handle it well) the irc channel (for now) is #z and there is a Bot for it but it has no commands - only relaying.

Stats are also working for it and as far as i can see we're the only servers with the UTstatsDB thing

I got a page up at http://ut3.multiplayerforums.com(cant move the stats page, it must run on the same location as the servers are :/ )

Also, i have 3 copies of UT3 in my steam to give away to people who want to help make it active, drop me a pm on Teamspeak or IRC. Note though that you need shader model 3 support i believe for UT3 to function and a decent dual or quad core cpu to run it at max settings.

Yes, Grax! I, personally, would like that! Not to sound like a cheap bastard but saving money here and there allows to spend on things you really want :)

I am fine with using a cracked/pirated copy of a game to see if you like it. BUt if you turn out to like the game and keep playing it, You really should buy it.  Minecraft is cheaper than any AAA title out there, only $27 last i saw :)

I am fine with using a cracked/pirated copy of a game to see if you like it. BUt if you turn out to like the game and keep playing it, You really should buy it.  Minecraft is cheaper than any AAA title out there, only $27 last i saw :)

It was $10 when I bought in, heh.

If you make a CS:GO server then you should have it run a fun mod that everyone can enjoy and attract new players . It would be better than competing with 1000s of vanilla servers for players, many of them being empty as well.

The Zombie Escape mod is a good example of a mod that has a good following and is fun. Unlike regular zombie mod, the aim isn’t to bully the half of the players who are forced to be zombies by hiding somewhere outside the map. Instead one person is an OP zombie that infects everyone he touches and everyone runs away from him.  You can look up game play videos and see really well designed maps with different levels in them and boss fights.

There are other fun mods that the server could have like Warcraft, Warcraft Zombies etc.

Since I'm gonna revive CSGO this might happen very soon.

Due to its location (US) the CSGO server will most likely run a mod. This way Europeans can play on it as well without caring about bad pings.

Zunnie will also have a server up at home, but the game mode or mod isn't decided yet.

Oh nice to officially read Star Trek Online and also Natural Selection 2.

I also highly recommend:

(F2P = Free 2 Play || P2P = Pay 2 Play || P2W = Pay 2 Win || Mod = Modification)

* [P2P] StarCraft 2

* [P2P] Battlefield Bad Company 2 (Digital Deluxe Edition)

* [P2P] Battlefield 3 Premium Edition

* [P2P] Couter-Strike: Source

* [P2P] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

* [P2P] Day of Defeat: Source

* [F2P] Defiance

* [P2P] Don't Starve Together

* [F2P] DOTA2

* [P2P] Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition

* [F2P] Global Agenda: Free Agent

* [P2P] Left 4 Dead 2

* [F2P] Magicka: Wizard Wars

* [F2P] No More Room in Hell

* [F2P] Renegade X

* [F2P] RIFT

* [P2P] Sanctum 2

* [F2P] Smite

* [P2P] Starbound

* [P2P] Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance

* [F2P/Mod] Synergy

* [F2P] Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Phantoms - EU

* [F2P] Trove

* [P2P] Unreal Tournament 3: Black Edition

* [F2P] WAKFU

Alts:

* [P2P] Company of Heroes

* [F2P] Firefall

* [P2P] Gauntlet

* [P2P] Multiwinia

* [P2P] Orbital Gear

* [F2P] Quake Live

* [P2P] Rock of Ages

* [P2P] Trine 2

* [P2P] Worms Clan Wars

Please notice that I have only elected "R-E-A-L" Free 2 Play Games, NO ANY Pay 2 Win Games!!

Here is a "single" F2P/P2W game, but mostly F2P:

* [F2P/P2W] Command & Conquer: Tiberium Alliances

TibAlliances has become real fun...

Oh nice to officially read Star Trek Online and also Natural Selection 2.

I also highly recommend:

(F2P = Free 2 Play || P2P = Pay 2 Play || P2W = Pay 2 Win || Mod = Modification)

* [P2P] StarCraft 2

* [P2P] Battlefield Bad Company 2 (Digital Deluxe Edition)

* [P2P] Battlefield 3 Premium Edition

* [P2P] Couter-Strike: Source

* [P2P] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

* [P2P] Day of Defeat: Source

* [F2P] Defiance

* [P2P] Don't Starve Together

* [F2P] DOTA2

* [P2P] Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition

* [F2P] Global Agenda: Free Agent

* [P2P] Left 4 Dead 2

* [F2P] Magicka: Wizard Wars

* [F2P] No More Room in Hell

* [F2P] Renegade X

* [F2P] RIFT

* [P2P] Sanctum 2

* [F2P] Smite

* [P2P] Starbound

* [P2P] Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance

* [F2P/Mod] Synergy

* [F2P] Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Phantoms - EU

* [F2P] Trove

* [P2P] Unreal Tournament 3: Black Edition

* [F2P] WAKFU

Alts:

* [P2P] Company of Heroes

* [F2P] Firefall

* [P2P] Gauntlet

* [P2P] Multiwinia

* [P2P] Orbital Gear

* [F2P] Quake Live

* [P2P] Rock of Ages

* [P2P] Trine 2

* [P2P] Worms Clan Wars

Please notice that I have only elected "R-E-A-L" Free 2 Play Games, NO ANY Pay 2 Win Games!!

Here is a "single" F2P/P2W game, but mostly F2P:

* [F2P/P2W] Command & Conquer: Tiberium Alliances

TibAlliances has become real fun...

with all those games you could probablly add World of Warcraft (P2P/F2P*) and Call of Duty to the list.

* 12.99 per month or you can pay with ingame Gold and save the money.

with all those games you could probablly add World of Warcraft (P2P/F2P*) and Call of Duty to the list.

* 12.99 per month or you can pay with ingame Gold and save the money.

Nuuu xD witha purpose NOTTTT

:P

But if I should had added WoW (monthly fee) to the list then also:

* (P2P) EVE Online

I kinda miss to play EVE Online... Never been inside an Ally there yet, but got ambushed last time.... bah... god damned PvP Pirates.

Last screenshot before I got ambunshed by damned PvP Pirates and so lost more than 10M credits... :/

Kinda won't happen if being inside an Ally, heheheh....

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=468082911