Help... Crash

Guest LiMaDo

Question

12 answers to this question

i rejoin a lot of time and crash again... =(

I am not sure there is an actual fix for this as it has come up on the forums as an issue before a few times. It seems every has had it in the past and everyone just quits and restarts ren, It is very annoying i know especially when your in a rush etc.

What version of ren are you using? If its not 4.2 then i suggest you upgrade although I am sure you need 4.2 to play on our servers anyway so ignore that. Just trying to narrow what might be causing it.

Could be something specific like a certain map or vehicle\character purchase, if you have noticed?

I have a new pc now, my old one broke down!

i have this message each tiem i want to start the game with the imperial age launcher!!

PLS GUYS HELP ME..i want to play rg again! ! :(-_-

(earlier i had a pc with winxp and i loaded the game classically via cd, now only with imperial kaskins launcher)

I get that error everytime now and it usually is the 2nd or 3rd restart that will get it to go through. It has only started since I updated to win 10 and only happens on one pc, other pc also has win 10 and ren and doesnt get that error.   Not sure if its coincidence or what just have been too lazy to try a fresh ren install.

It really does happen a lot... especially with folks that have a crummy connection or downloads/updates going in the background. Third time is usually the charm. Sometimes (rarely) it wont let me join all day.

Dblaney used to sugest deleteing the packages.dat file (DONT DELETE THE FOLDER) in the directory somewhere (I forget where). Perhaps someone can post the file location, removing that file reduces crashs and lag whren downloading.

Dblaney used to sugest deleteing the packages.dat file (DONT DELETE THE FOLDER) in the directory somewhere (I forget where). Perhaps someone can post the file location, removing that file reduces crashs and lag whren downloading.

C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Renegade\Client\ttfs   

I'll give that a try and see if anything changes for me

ETA: Well that didn't change anything although mine wouldn't crash when updating or downloading, just loading the next map will do it for me.

Are you able to join the server using renlist?

Not sure who that was directed at but that is what I use, the game/map loads to 50-75% then I get the bing and error.    Any1 know of a good dmp file reader?