OVH Network Updates

Genesis2001

This is just an ongoing update as to the lag complaints we've received over the last few months. We apologize for not showing the public this process. We've tried to keep the Administrators here apprised of our progress.

We have been working with OVH to isolate network issues that could be causing our players to lag. Right now, the belief is that OVH's points of presences are congested within the US causing some users/players to experience lag during certain times of the day.

We have been working with OVH support to bring it to their attention, but have only received a small handful of traceroutes that we have requested. We have received more than what was posted to the aforementioned topic, and one in particular has given OVH proof that there is network congestion - at least within Canada (Toronto area).

Quoting some excerpts from our tickets (OVH's replies):

It is indeed visible on our network links that there is some congestion. However,

as the traffic flow may vary during the day, just like you demonstrated via your
previous capture, I will request you to provide me with the exact times that this situation has
caused you packet loss.

and

I have escalated your issue to our network team to see if there is an alternate

route that your traffic can take in order to avoid those saturated links. We
will update you as soon as we receive a response on their end.

This, combined with the server maintenance we just announced, should at least partially resolve the lag complaints. Time will tell.