Color whited out

badam

Question

Whenever I play renegade on one of my pcs the backgrounds are extremely white, anything in the distance is whitewashed and everything appears as if brightness is turned all the way up so I cant really read the chat etc.    I tried taking a couple ss but when I open the image it appears normal.  Any ideas? I tried a clean install and no change I am thinking it has to do with the monitor or perhaps the gfx card?  I have no issues with other games or programs though.  heres one of the ss that shoudl have showed the whiting out.  Maybe Ill take a pic with my phone later to show.  Any ideas or anyone run into this before?

In the image below on my view the closest mountain is whited out and everything looks like it has brightness all the way up.

Screenshot.2_zpsybba1y0e.png

10 answers to this question

To be honest it looks just like my gameplay, or normal to me... maybe I need glasses?

Same here.

Guess it have to do with ren settings where you can put details to low (fastest) or high (slowest), witch in most cases it's somewhere between as for me playing ren on my old pc (4 years old) takes alot of processor away.

Thats normal behaviour in the renegade graphics engine, the viewing distance is just a tad too low for rendering it and the way fog works in there.

I don't think at this stage it is possible to fix it easily. There is no graphics setting currently that allows you to change it.

Sorry, I didn't make it clear.  In the screen shots it came out normal.  So when you look at the images that is how I would expect it to look.  In reality though everything is alot whiter and my view distance is not anything like the screen shot shows.   Just to reiterate the screen shot does look normal  but that is not how it actually looks coming across my screen.  I will take a pic with my phone later to show you what it actually looks like on my monitor.   So in that first picture the ridge behind the wf was whited out where as in the pic it looks normal.

Just took this of course the map I was on was looking pretty normal but you can slightly see what I am talking about on this screen,  The green areas on the borders of each box look like I have the brightness setting turned up.  Even still its hard to make out in this pic.

20150725_101929_zpspvqy8v0x.jpg

I've messed with them a bunch moving the scales all around its always off in one way or another. Even when its set to dark its looks like it has a white fog over everything.  One of these days im going to try a different monitor just to rule it out next step will be trying the on board gfx card instead. 

I know you could mess with the gamma settings ( get's you stuff like this ) in the 'old days' some used to change this to cheat (you can spot sbh with it but messes you're whole color scale and hurts you're eyes) .

Easy way out is just to reset settings to default.