Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome, Guest!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

UltmaWepn

What is your religion?

Yeah I was an atheist and agnostic in the past until some shit happened that made me believe. Could a moderator do me a huge favor and change the name of this thread to "What is your religion" instead of "What is "YOU" religion". I would appreciate it. Thanks. 

I believe and i'm pretty sure this is how it works  that if we stop breathing we will die, unless someone calls 911 and reanimate us ;)

There is birth  & there is death and in between there is something that's called life as we know it which science have perfectly figured out how it comes we are here in the form as we know (humans & animals, etc).

I think religion (in the early days)  is made up to give people a definition how it came we are here (when science couldn't explain it yet) and to obtain a certain power over us as history proven that many times.

Religion IMO is nothing else then an excuse to fight over (look at the past over the many wars fought for a  believe ) and then look at the world as we know it today (still nothing changed, so many people dies in fights every day over religion and over to which god is real and which is not).

In the past there where many gods (german gods, greek gods,  egyptian gods, etc......) all 'gods' we know now (many years later) that weren't  real and  we  laugh at it now that once people believed in but then for those people they where as real as the gods some believe now in.

I have nothing against religion as it can brings hopes & comfort  aswell to some people who believe, but for me, well.. i'll have no religion, just we  where lucky to be in the right spot of the universe at the right time and the right distance from a brigth star to give us live as we know it ;).

But there where gods in the past, that i'm pretty sure of , look at Michael Jackson, Freddy Mercury, David Bowie, all gods of music :)

12 hours ago, UltmaWepn said:

Yeah I was an atheist and agnostic in the past until some shit happened that made me believe. Could a moderator do me a huge favor and change the name of this thread to "What is your religion" instead of "What is "YOU" religion". I would appreciate it. Thanks. 

I did change topic name, next time you make mistake i will automatically change topic name to BENIS. :v

Bringing religion or politics into a gaming site is not a good idea, no matter how well intended.

In here we worship at the altar of digital dreams, where our Gods are the devs that create our worlds.

In here there is Karma and Reincarnation.

On 9/7/2016 at 5:40 AM, Paterke said:

I believe and i'm pretty sure this is how it works  that if we stop breathing we will die, unless someone calls 911 and reanimate us ;)

There is birth  & there is death and in between there is something that's called life as we know it which science have perfectly figured out how it comes we are here in the form as we know (humans & animals, etc).

I think religion (in the early days)  is made up to give people a definition how it came we are here (when science couldn't explain it yet) and to obtain a certain power over us as history proven that many times.

Religion IMO is nothing else then an excuse to fight over (look at the past over the many wars fought for a  believe ) and then look at the world as we know it today (still nothing changed, so many people dies in fights every day over religion and over to which god is real and which is not).

In the past there where many gods (german gods, greek gods,  egyptian gods, etc......) all 'gods' we know now (many years later) that weren't  real and  we  laugh at it now that once people believed in but then for those people they where as real as the gods some believe now in.

I have nothing against religion as it can brings hopes & comfort  aswell to some people who believe, but for me, well.. i'll have no religion, just we  where lucky to be in the right spot of the universe at the right time and the right distance from a brigth star to give us live as we know it ;).

But there where gods in the past, that i'm pretty sure of , look at Michael Jackson, Freddy Mercury, David Bowie, all gods of music :)

15 hours ago, Genesis2001 said:

Ever since watching Stargate (all of them), I agree with @Paterke regarding how religion started. It was a tool used to control people and make them wage war against others in the name(s) of a god(s). 

So, you guys believe that religion is some kind of world wide conspiracy to manipulate and control people.

I used to believe that once as well, but let me put it into perspective a little bit. It simply is not logical that a group of men thousands of years ago just sat down and decided to write a gigantic book about the entire earths creation and creator just to control people. What benefit did they get from it back then if what the bible says is fake? Maybe a pat on the back would be the most they could have got from it back then. If you just set down and read some of the scripture, you will realize that it is just too detailed and intricate to be a hoax.

Love your replies guys, keep it up. LOL at "Stargate" by the way Genesis.

I know organizations take advantage of people's situations. I know they do it for greed and wealth. But those organizations usually aren't churches. I believe most churches believe what they are doing is right. 

12 hours ago, UltmaWepn said:

So, you guys believe that religion is some kind of world wide conspiracy to manipulate and control people.

I used to believe that once as well, but let me put it into perspective a little bit. It simply is not logical that a group of men thousands of years ago just sat down and decided to write a gigantic book about the entire earths creation and creator just to control people. What benefit did they get from it back then if what the bible says is fake? Maybe a pat on the back would be the most they could have got from it back then. If you just set down and read some of the scripture, you will realize that it is just too detailed and intricate to be a hoax.

Love your replies guys, keep it up. LOL at "Stargate" by the way Genesis.

Religion generally was created not to control really. I threw in Stargate for laughs/lightheartedness, initially.

Religion was made as a way to explain the natural world before science. As we acquired more knowledge through refined sciences (mathematics, physics, astronomy, etc. (3 of my favorite subjects tbh. :P)), people became suspicious of science because it was dispelling their beliefs. See the geocentric ("All the planets revolve around the Earth") vs. heliocentric ("Earth, and the other planets, revolve around the Sun") debate, or flat-earthers for obvious examples.

Actually going back to the Stargate thing, I really like Stargate because it touches on religion; that is, I'm talking about the Ancients, not the Goa'uld false religion. The Ancients used science to try to figure out how the universe became. in SGU, it's revealed they originally built the Stargates in order to seek out a signal they detected in the background radiation (the reason Destiny was launched). The signal had organization to it, which denoted an intelligence. In addition, the new crew of Destiny finds some strange evidence to indicate planet creation (ala "snap of the fingers"-type creation). 

:) 

Religion is why this world is messed up with ISIS and wars and stuff. Personally i do not believe in any sort of religion or god. I wont say too much as it could quite easily come across as being racist which i am not.

I wont be dictated to in, what i can eat, what i can say or what i can do. I am free spirit and ill live my life how i want.

For the past few weeks I have had a severe case of external hemorrhoids. That's how I know the devil is real and I blame him. LOL.

No but seriously, that is a good theory Genesis.

Any guys in here believe in the "big bang" theory or evolution from sea creature, into monkey, into man? 

15 hours ago, UltmaWepn said:

Don't believe it's a 'conspiracy' , just saying science already perfectly explained how live as we know it, happend, nothing to do with a god or  any divine creator

16 hours ago, UltmaWepn said:

I used to believe that once as well, but let me put it into perspective a little bit. It simply is not logical that a group of men thousands of years ago just sat down and decided to write a gigantic book about the entire earths creation and creator just to control people.

That gigantic book isn't exist cos a group of men sat down and wrote a story of the entire earths creation in one time. Every religion has their own version of the their God and how the earth was created, I believe those scripts where written by philosopher's & and the pioneers of scientist, it has changed and grow into a book through many years, not just wrote down in one day or a  year.Explain me how it comes we have the bible, quaran,etc... not to be forgotten all the other religions &  their version in their books like  Buddhism, Jainism, Sikhism, Lamaism, etc...  all have  a  different view of things & facts, they all believe their religion is the one &  only true religion.....

What benefit did they get from it back then if what the bible says is fake? Maybe a pat on the back would be the most they could have got from it back then. 

The benefit, hmmm , not hard to guess... one word ...POWER, Look at the  history of each religion and how they got spread, all through power, it  was in the early days simple, people weren't educated and therefore an easy target for a  group of smart people to have control over.Look at how  Christianity got spread, it got spread  by killing thousands  of  people who wouldn't believe in it, it  was  simple, you either must believe or  you would  got killed by for expml. a spanish inquistor or by a  cruisader, same goes for the Islamic beliefs and the rest of  the religions out there, even in India not so long ago (20 or 30 years) ago 1000 sixth & hindoes where killed in a reliongs battle of which god was real and which one not.

If you just set down and read some of the scripture, you will realize that it is just too detailed and intricate to be a hoax.

Most probly some pages &  stories written in for exmpl. the bible are false & true at the same time, meaning, what if  a 'God' was nothing more then and extraterrestrial encounter (now we becoming on the stargate story, but other elements on earth are alrdy proven there where   highly inteligent (beings' visiting earth alrdy several times).

Now suppose one of those lifeform did something that looked for the common men divine, and those stories where written down, slighty changed over the years and voila, you got you're bible with the false/true stories & details or do you really believe that Mozes opened the Red Sea with a  wooden stick to let the refugees escapes from a faroa ? ;)

But as far as i enjoy this debate, we must not forget we are on a  gaming forum ;) So Religion or not, on my side or not, if I am in the other team then you , you probly will die  :caseclosed:

12 hours ago, Dethice said:

We have all the same creator, if they like to call him God Alah or Brahma then that's ok with me !!! And yes I believe in the creator :)

Well said Deth

On 9/9/2016 at 3:13 AM, Paterke said:

Don't believe it's a 'conspiracy' , just saying science already perfectly explained how live as we know it, happend, nothing to do with a god or  any divine creator

No, science has not "proved" anything, they just have a plausible theory. All science does is try their best to deny God and the world He created.

That gigantic book isn't exist cos a group of men sat down and wrote a story of the entire earths creation in one time. Every religion has their own version of the their God and how the earth was created, I believe those scripts where written by philosopher's & and the pioneers of scientist, it has changed and grow into a book through many years, not just wrote down in one day or a  year.Explain me how it comes we have the bible, quaran,etc... not to be forgotten all the other religions &  their version in their books like  Buddhism, Jainism, Sikhism, Lamaism, etc...  all have  a  different view of things & facts, they all believe their religion is the one &  only true religion.....

I didn't say it was made in one day or year. Other religions have their own versions and ways, yes, because different people wrote them and maybe took one religion and added to it and made it their own. All religions who worship God have the same God with just a different name, Like Muslims believe in Allah which is the same God as the one in Christianity, Jehovah, except maybe Buddism and a few others which had mortal men as Gods.

The benefit, hmmm , not hard to guess... one word ...POWER, Look at the  history of each religion and how they got spread, all through power, it  was in the early days simple, people weren't educated and therefore an easy target for a  group of smart people to have control over.Look at how  Christianity got spread, it got spread  by killing thousands  of  people who wouldn't believe in it, it  was  simple, you either must believe or  you would  got killed by for expml. a spanish inquistor or by a  cruisader, same goes for the Islamic beliefs and the rest of  the religions out there, even in India not so long ago (20 or 30 years) ago 1000 sixth & hindoes where killed in a reliongs battle of which god was real and which one not.

Why would they start a religion for power when the men who wrote the Bible died many hundreds of years before anyone power in religion came to be. So, the men who wrote the Bible never had any power. Why would they write it for power if they are dead before power came into the picture? They wrote it for people to gain knowledge about God and Jesus Christ and their ways and beliefs and to tell everyone about how life came to be. They also wrote it to tell people what they have to do to earn their place in Heaven.

Most probly some pages &  stories written in for exmpl. the bible are false & true at the same time, meaning, what if  a 'God' was nothing more then and extraterrestrial encounter (now we becoming on the stargate story, but other elements on earth are alrdy proven there where   highly inteligent (beings' visiting earth alrdy several times).

God is not an alien for God's sake. That is just stupid.

Now suppose one of those lifeform did something that looked for the common men divine, and those stories where written down, slighty changed over the years and voila, you got you're bible with the false/true stories & details or do you really believe that Mozes opened the Red Sea with a  wooden stick to let the refugees escapes from a faroa ?

Yes, I fully believe Moses divided the Red Sea with the power of God. I believe everything the Bible says. One can do "ANYTHING" with the power of God. By the way, it is Pharaoh not Faroa. 

But as far as i enjoy this debate, we must not forget we are on a  gaming forum ;) So Religion or not, on my side or not, if I am in the other team then you , you probly will die

What does it matter that we are on a gaming forum or not and I highly doubt you would win against me at anything.

On 9/28/2016 at 5:11 PM, UltmaWepn said:

No, science has not "proved" anything, they just have a plausible theory. All science does is try their best to deny God and the world He created.

I didn't say it was made in one day or year. Other religions have their own versions and ways, yes, because different people wrote them and maybe took one religion and added to it and made it their own. All religions who worship God have the same God with just a different name, Like Muslims believe in Allah which is the same God as the one in Christianity, Jehovah, except maybe Buddism and a few others which had mortal men as Gods.

Why would they start a religion for power when the men who wrote the Bible died many hundreds of years before anyone power in religion came to be. So, the men who wrote the Bible never had any power. Why would they write it for power if they are dead before power came into the picture? They wrote it for people to gain knowledge about God and Jesus Christ and their ways and beliefs and to tell everyone about how life came to be. They also wrote it to tell people what they have to do to earn their place in Heaven.

God is not an alien for God's sake. That is just stupid.

Yes, I fully believe Moses divided the Red Sea with the power of God. I believe everything the Bible says. One can do "ANYTHING" with the power of God. By the way, it is Pharaoh not Faroa. 

What does it matter that we are on a gaming forum or not and I highly doubt you would win against me at anything.

God help my eyes. Text color is eye breaking

Edited by ChickenNoodle

On 9/28/2016 at 3:11 PM, UltmaWepn said:

All science does is try their best to deny God and the world He created.

Science does not try to deny god. It seeks answers through nature and the physical world whereas you may seek answers through spirituality.

There are many scientists who are spiritual (and many whom aren't). Some seek answers through the physical world to prove God (or A god) exists. The big bang theory (not the TV show) is one such possibility. Then again, who also created God to create the Big Bang?

Science and Spirituality both serve the Human need to solve our own existential purpose. It's sad and disturbing to see both perverted to the exclusion of the other (disclaimer: I fall somewhere on the science side of this debate due to recent perversion of Spirituality in politics).