Need Help FDS

DankAF

Question

Hello MPF

I really need some help as i have hit a wall.

ive got pretty far but theres some issues i just cant fix

1. Server just crashes on startup with specific maps set in tt.cfg /pybassed by using another map

2. I have a second pc that can't see game when set to LAN and directconnect trough +connect fails and i get glitchy screen with abort in the middle and a ctd.

3. used to work with a fresh install and no configs changed but now it doesn't. 

4. have installed tons of maps with package editor using a simple bat script but not sure if my file structure is even correct.

5. the information i have gathered is widespread all the way back from 2007 to 2013 where the wiki was last updated.

6. got "syntax error 4 config error" before crash /fixed wrong configured tt.cfg.

Reason i want to setup a FDS is to play imperial age for a LAN party

please if anyone knows some critical stuff im missing please help ive given it my best but it just doesnt want to cooperate anymore :) 

Network Metric interface set to use LAN

1 computer 1: win 10 quadcore i5 2gen. nvidia 980

2 computer 2: win 10 intel core 2 duo nvida 260ti

Install procedure for renegade and server:

Renegade: install via iso. patch with TT client. bought ultimate collection for xwis.

Server: copied renegade folder renamed to renserver. copied all files and folders inside TT serverfiles folder to renserver. copied brenbot and redist folders to renserver. configured cfg files according to wiki

atm cant get second pc to connect in any way but server appears running C&C_field and C&C_Lunar_Landing.

I also used the waybackmachine to acces zunnies old setup guide but it would appear it is very outdated and was of not much use.

theres alot not described in the tutorial from 2013 i figured out somewhat.  

Capture2.JPG

2 answers to this question