How do i get on (first time setup)

Thun Ra

Question

Whenever i try to connect in renlist it brings me into the game's main screen, but im not seeing how to play online in multiplayer lan or multiplayer online.  Do i need to fill out some of that stuff for gamespy in there?  Seeing nothing everywhere on how getting into the game will look. 

Previous adventures:  I had to run in administrative mode.  It then said i was missing some dll files.  Downloaded 10 or so of them.

5 answers to this question

Got renegade X working on the first time i set it up, its enough for me.  My problem with setting up standard ren was probably something to do with that rather ghetto reset to factory setting i had done 2 years ago.  Thanks for the help, though.

Are you connecting through the GSA tab? If so, you need to make sure your Settings are configured right. (Options -> Settings)

You need:

1) Path to your ren executable (with scripts 4.x launch through "UAC Launcher.exe" and your scripts packages will auto-update from TT; should be game.exe or game2.exe otherwise)

2) GSA tab: Set a nickname as seen here:

RqkDbIU.png

If you're playing via WOL, fill out the WOL tab with valid credentials (including serial, username, and password). 

I have got all that covered.  Going through GSA.  So, just to clarify, if it were working, whenever i launch through renlist it should take me directly into multiplayer?  No main menu or any of that?

Is that tiberium technologies launcher supposed to do anything besides open the game?

5 hours ago, Thun Ra said:

I have got all that covered.  Going through GSA.  So, just to clarify, if it were working, whenever i launch through renlist it should take me directly into multiplayer?  No main menu or any of that?

Is that tiberium technologies launcher supposed to do anything besides open the game?

If it was working it would skip everything and take you straight into a loading screen before connecting you to the server online.

If you have Team Viewer i maybe able to take a look and help you.

Have you downloaded the latest TT  patches etc? Latest one is 4.3

Thanks.  I don't use Team Viewer.  I have downloaded and installed scripts 4.3 to the renegade executable's folder. 

Maybe it has something to do with that restore to factory settings i did a year ago or that im using the origin version.  All other games still work.  I'll might uninstall all this stuff and reinstall, see if that works, soon.