R.I.P. zunnie

bullvipe

If you guys don't already know  a good friend and well known gamer and the founder of MPF has passed away! 

Zunnie may you rest in peace. I don't have all the details of what has happened as the family is still in shock. 
Jan_Jan2018.jpg.3ef75b2286bba4ff7cfe627c

:dino::coffee:

Just heard the sad news. Respect for Zunnie and for all his hard work in creating a place that gave me so much enjoyment MPF R.I.P. my old friend  😪

i wish i could talk talk to you one last time and say sorry......

You are in a better place

This is devastating news.. As a former MPF admin and developer I spent a lot of time with zunnie. This community was all spurred by him, MPF would not exist in it's current state if not for him. Even if I've had issues in the past here causing me to depart this place, it all doesn't even matter with my best friend Jan passing. 

Even though we never met in real life we spent countless sleepless hours developing some stuff for Renegade and various other games over the 7 years i knew him.... Countless hours talking over TeamSpeak, countless hours getting frustrated cause we couldn't get something to work only to find out that it was something so simple we overlooked.... as I write this I am in tears... I have so many good memories with Jan and it breaks my damn heart to hear this news... I will always cherish the time we had together my friend and I really hope you are at peace

Kevin Yanez aka Mauler

I will always remember you....

Love you Jan..

Is this real I am hoping this is a mistake I don't know what to think right now as he was such a good friend to me I am hoping this is some kinda mistake how did you hear @bullvipe are you sure?

I just don't know what to think right now this is so devastating.

aka roszek

Jan you were like family to me I will miss you.

I agree with @cjx0r, at first I did not believe when I heard such news, but now I have logged into my account, which I have not used for a long time. It is very strange that such a theme is hidden for unauthorized users. I do not know where such information came from, but it is very bad to lose people like @zunnie.

Met him playing on the server. I asked him about something, and then we started talking through Discord. This man, and I never knew his real name, 

helped me set up my server, which still works. His nickname is still on the gratefulnesses page, and I'm not going to remove it. I hope the information about his death is wrong. And at all, that happened, from-for what he died? Anyway, rest in peace.

This is all so very surreal, very sad news to hear. I've know zunnie for a very long time through Renegade, and I'm saddened to hear this news. Prayers and thoughts go out his family and friends. He helped me with A LOT of stuff over the years, and he contributed more to Renegade than anyone else I know. He definitely helped keep this game alive. Rest in peace my friend. May there forever be a pot of coffee on for you, and game engines for you to tinker with. 

:coffee::dino:

• unknown pinned and featured this topic

Man dude, after all the times we had together since APB testing maps and really having fun on those co-op server, to developing. And modded TCW and grew from it, I really learned a lot from you man. Haven't been for you, I would be stuck to where to start coding from. You was the one who was very patient to me by teaching me these C++ codes, and now I have developed that mindset of what each part of codes do. Since I had left TCW for many years, you kept asking me to be back a developer for the game, and now this year, I was back. Now that everything was back to where it was, plus with new features, now you're gone. I waited for you to come back so we can make this mod grow some more, but the bad news came to me. Dam dude, R.I.P man. You'll always be remembered. Especially of how many people you really affected to really join servers to play these modded games and all.

In my Halloween map, I made a banner dedicated to zunnie. I have one ready for my next map (snow themed, have to find the file too), and I'm trying to get one for Iron City currently, which I think today I finally thought of a good one. Next time my C&C Halloween 2014 map comes up, be sure to check out this banner! RIP man!

zunniebanner.jpg

zunnie is the man who brought me on board back in the FanMaps site days and the first MP sites. we use to stay up all night and day on TeamSpeak drinking coffee and modding & Mapping Renegade, counter strike unreal and so on. Zunnie you have changed a lot of life's and made some dam good friends. and will be Missed by all. 

My condolences to his family and friends.

Grime1209

FMFear

NotAfk

This is the darkest day in Renegade history.  The game would not be where it is today without this man.  I still can't believe this, so many countless hours modding and dreaming of new map ideas and pushing the w3d engine to its limits. 

Zunnie... I don't know what to say man...  this is insane.

I'm so suprised! I was only chatting in game with him a few months ago. I seriously did not expect this.

I saw the title of the server on Renlist which lead me here.

My condolences to his family and friends. He was in important part of Renegade as RoCkStAr pointed out.