R.I.P. zunnie

bullvipe

Do any of you have the old servers we used to run back in FM days? Like the ones that preceeded OmegaAOW, the oldies that pretty much made z famous. I know one was the FM CrazyCTF by Jessica, but I can't even remember the name of the one that had the agt/obi guns when we merged with DT. 

It'd be nice to be able to do the oldy servers in tribute as well, I have a copy of that omega one.

Guest Reborn

@Shaitan I will look and see if I can find his very first one inf|recon. I am not confident about it, but I will look.

-Reborn

Guest dblaney1

Damn. Really sorry to hear this. Zunnie was so welcoming to everyone and got me into renegade scripting. 

Really can't believe this terrible news.  I had a lot of fun with Zunnie and becuase of him, i still play renegade on the MPF server.  He was friendly to everyone and  always trying to test some new things for the server.

Now you Always can drink good :coffee: and ofcourse you will made Renegade great in heaven, Zunnie

Guest K@skins

I remember Zunnie back in Mp-Gaming, when I approach him to ask how to add bots to a level? He was the only one who will tutor me through team viewer, step by step how the tutorial level was created. I still stay strong even the darkest days of TTW I supported him and eventually TCW was founded.

Unfortunately our path soon didn't fare well as the very path soon have cracks down the road. There were ups and downs through the journey, we had some disagreements on certain stuff and eventually lead to a separation. He helped me planted the seed for IA and even dedicated to put on the server with each build for my trial and error on level editor. Although the memories with him was a good one and it makes up for a good once upon a time story to tell to the new renegade players, hopefully to know who is… “Zunnie”.

May your last thoughts is peace and happiness.

Once upon a time… There was a player named Zunnie

I remembered that today, according to superstitions, is an unlucky and gloomy day, Friday 13. I seemed to know that today is definitely not going to be a happy day. And I was right when, after returning back to home from work and switching my computer on, I saw this post about Zunnie.

4 hours ago, serw said:

His nickname is still on the gratefulnesses page, and I'm not going to remove it.

Even if his death is not a truth, I am going to save this anyway, because he REALLY HELPED A LOT. With Zunnie and Unknown I made the impossible in my life possible, and it was dedicated GameSpy server with one of my mods. Not so long ago, I wrote a whole instruction on Russian about how to install own server with new maps, modifications, additional content, scripts. At least, I already helped somebody to make own server. I am also not sleeping sometimes while programming games and mods, while composing music, while making drawings and other stuff too (well, I am not drinking coffee a lot, but still). If you need to make something specific that somebody will enjoy, you need to work very hard. And that is what Zunnie did, for a whole community of Command & Conquer fans.

P.S.: Coffee time! Bye, mate, I will miss ya!

Very sad news to hear. He was there for me to introduce Renegade modding almost 10 years ago. Was literally playing a ren game with him this week. 

RIP community man, coffee man and repair whore

He was a very selfless person. He helped me also with a ton of editing and mapping. He was testing my latest map with myself and unknown just a few days prior. This is still so shocking. 

This is horrible news, I was talking to him back in May about level edit stuff, life got busy and hadn't talked to him since. At the time he seemed fine and I thought he was getting back into Ren. Renegade has lost one of the more activate influential map creators, this is a horrible day for the community :( 

Makes me we we'd have talked more but I always felt like I'd have time later... makes one realize they should really reach out to the people they know more often.

My condolences also go out to his friends and family.

When I woke up to all the notifications about this, I wasn't quite sure how to to take it.  It just didn't seem real, I even checked to see if its april fools day or something.

He was one of the greatest guys i've met,  never witnessed him mad much.  always helping, always doing anything he can, without thinking of himself.  

Truly was a great man. He'll be missed.  I hope his family is ok,  he always talked to me about his nieces he loved so much.   May he rest in peace.

holy fuck, he posted in my thread less than a week ago, then we had some PM chat stuff for Renegade singleplayer mod files just a few days ago! Dafuq?

Was it cancer? Uh oh. So THATS why he banned the use of that word in the MPF server....  : (

Well, he's in a better place now. Planet Earth is a pain in the ass.

Loved talking to Zunnie. He always asking me to join TS or or test something for him.

Zunnie, thanks for all the good times on Renegade. You helped the game, kept it going for so long and provided a place for us to have fun and get away from the troubles of life for a short time. May you rest in peace. You will be greatly missed. Prayers for the family.

:coffee::dino: