R.I.P. zunnie

bullvipe

Guest Strike

In the early morning i was contacted by a friend who has zunnies brother on facebook. He shared the sad news with me that zunnie passed away.

I had the pleasure to hang around zunnie back in the old FM/MP times. He taught me alot of things when it comes to the renegade, servers and modding of maps. During the time of FM/MP i had the chance to meet Zunnie in the good and the bad times at his home. After the shutdown of MP-Gaming we lost contact.

Jan, rust in vrede / zunnie, rest in peace.

Zunnie was also a very big part of the Unreal Tournament community doing server guides, running servers etc. He was one of only two people to receive Ambassador status in the UT4 forums from Epic.  I spoke with him a few times on Discord and Teamspeak in the UT community and I always thought he was the nicest dude you could meet.  Very sad day to hear of his passing. 

Rest in Peace bro..

I'll drink a coffee for you.

You were the guy who led me - showed and taught me the ways of modding Renegade back when we were still a part of FM and MP. I owe you a great debt. Not only because of the modding stuff, but because you were a good friend and great guy.

You were the only guy drinking more coffee than I did and still do. 

RIP Jan

Oh sad news! I knew zunnie for some time he was a nice guy  we used to chat  and have fun and whats more sad  he was ingame in the morning   and there was a map that I dislike  so i decided to leave the game and i didnt say hi to him :( 

2 minutes ago, SToRM said:

Oh sad news! I knew zunnie for some time he was a nice guy  we used to chat  and have fun and whats more sad  he was ingame in the morning   and there was a map that I dislike  so i decided to leave the game and i didnt say hi to him :( 

rip zunnie 

Guest OSTKD4rKz

I remember him joining OSTK as OSTKZunnie. We had our own server back then. Me, personally was a big fan of the Ultra-Aow server from St0rm, and he tried to create something similar for us.

Normally someone's death doesn't do much to me, but heck, his one does. To realise he was still alive yesterday... shocking.

May you find rest wherever you be Zunnie. I have some other comments to share when I know how or when this tragedy happened. I'd appreciate if anyone could keep me informed.

Oh no!!! cant be!!! i dont know Zunnie that much, just since he added this donation features on game to me. he was super nice and friendly. omg why all the nice people leave this shit world :(:(:( I ll pray for you always my friend :(:(:(

Guest ice187dna

I followed Zunnie shortly after MPF was formed. He was a fun guy to be around and we had a lot of laughs. He put me under his wing and taught me how to run the Team Fortress 2 servers at MPF when I was an Admin here. I also helped out as a developer for TCW and tested his maps out. We had such a good time then we just started to mess around and race around the maps in buggies. 

I don't think anyone knew but I had a lot of Skype calls with Zunnie. When he needed a friend to chat to or for some advice I was there for him. We spoke of meeting up in real life but sadly it never happened. I watched him create maps and he would explain to me the in's and out's. He was always helpful and respected me as I did him. I'll miss the laughs, coffee drinking, Skype calls and the TCW tank battles. A lot of what I know is from being taught by Zunnie. 

Dear Zunnie,

I have been your friend for some years and still should have been. You have been an inspiration to me and have taught me so much. I've enjoyed learning about developing and map making that for the past four years I've been at University studying Games Design and I am going to pursue a career in the games industry. I hope to become a level designer as I really enjoyed watching you making maps. I hope you are at peace now.  I've just had a cup of coffee for you as I know you were a coffee guy. Anyways, I will miss you and thank you. RIP Zunnie.

ice187dna.

At first hearing this I couldn't believe it.  

Its been setting in all day though and I'm surprised how emotional o have been about it. You don't realize how good a friend you have until they aren't here.

we spent hours together playing, testing, even doing nothing,  I had been on discord every morning the past couole days trying to get a hold of him, I wish we could of had even more time to talk.

i thought about how my son could hear funny stories about myself from zunnie one day when we all were still playing ren. 

This is hard for me...

after hearing the news this morning I went out to the living room where my son had been playing earlier to think about it.  Out of all the blocks in my sons block set the only one that was out on the floor was the one with the "Z" on it.

Guest Xtractor (cudaker)

Renegade community have lost a  Pilliar of Renegade Modding

Zunnie done so much .

R.I.P 

I didn't speak with him much, but when I did he was always good for a laugh or two :) Joined his server a few times when he was testing maps and such, joined teamspeak and chatted with him. 

He did a lot of great things for ren. Very innovative with his ideas. His name was plastered on a lot of things I enjoyed. My only regret is not getting to know him better.

My heart goes out to his family and friends who are grieving his death. I hope they find a way to deal with his death, I know it will not be easy.

Rust in vrede, mijn vriend. 

It breaks my heart; it makes me sad to think of all the times we had And all that I can do is sigh and wonder why.

You meet people who forget you. You forget people you meet. But sometimes you meet those people you can't ever forget!

It seems just like yesterday we became friends on Renegade. Jan(Zunnie) thank you for being my friend, it has been an honor!

My deepest condolences, will miss  your voice and having coffee!

Guest Pyryle

This is really some unfortunate news to hear. I remember Zunnie from the MP-Gaming days with his Co-Op APB maps. Soviet Invasion was my most favorite with that nice little addition of Shocky Gonzales.

Never really had any problems with Zunnie; I felt as though you would need to go out of your way to upset him.

I'm going to miss you, Zunnie. Rest in peace.

Guest FobbyGen

Zunnie was always very supportive of Renegade X, and was always a nice, pleasant, friendly person. Hope his family and friends find consolation.

- Fobby

Damn, sad to hear about Zunnie. I remember him from back in the day contributing to Renegade in a way that no other person could. Much love to his family and friends, sorry to hear about his passing.