R.I.P. zunnie

bullvipe

Guest Brother of Zunnie

Hello all,

First of all, thank you very much for all your nice words about my brother Jan (Zunnie)!!

The saddest news is that Zunnie wont be here anymore to do what he does best and thats to help others. He passed away last Thursday 12 July.

He will be rememberd here and in my (our) hearts forever!!

Thank you for being there with him for so long and taking your time to spend time with him.

He will be cremated on Tuesday 17th of July. 

With best regards,

Kees (brother of Jan)

ps: Remember him as how you knew him. He was one of the best!

9 hours ago, Guest Brother of Zunnie said:

Hello all,

First of all, thank you very much for all your nice words about my brother Jan (Zunnie)!!

The saddest news is that Zunnie wont be here anymore to do what he does best and thats to help others. He passed away last Thursday 12 July.

Thank you for being there with him for so long and taking your time to spend time with him.

With best regards,

Kees (brother of Jan)

Hi Kees, my condolences!!!. I really don't mean to pry but... maybe you can tell us what happened? Was he sick? Was it an accident that took him away? What the hell... 😕. So unexpected.

12 hours ago, Guest Brother of Zunnie said:

Hello all,

With best regards,

Kees (brother of Jan)

My condolences Kees. Thank you for writing. We're too sad to hear that :(

2 hours ago, seriousj7 said:

Hi Kees, my condolences!!!. I really don't mean to pry but... maybe you can tell us what happened? Was he sick? Was it an accident that took him away? What the hell... 😕. So unexpected.

And may you tell us why Jan passed away? What happened? Maybe the entire community want to know. There are too many speculations.

We didn't have a long time friendship. Just less than 3 months.

You may rest in peace @zunnie. My condolences to his family. This community thanking you for your projects, maps, supports and more that I can't remember. We will not forget you. We will miss you. That's still shocking.

I don't have much words to say. Someone like you will not ever in this community. Our last dinosaur is gone. I hope you're in a coffee heaven now. 😭😭

Guest Goztow

Came over to give a last tribute to Zunnie. He was one of the most dedicated people I've seen on the Renegade scene. May you RIP Zunnie, If Renegade exists in heaven, I'm damn sure you'll have a server running for it...

We do have one old server up right now if anyone wants to bop around in it. This one I think is where zunnie and crew started using purchasable buildings and poke scripts.

Server name: zunnies OmegaAOW
Xwis IP: 208.115.205.106:5350
GSA IP: 208.115.205.106:5351
Xwis host name: zzzzzzzzd

IRC: irc.cncirc.net -or- irc.rencorner.com channel: #OmegaAOW

Just heard about this :( Knew Zunnie since the FM Server days when I was still a kid, I remember him gifting me a few games on steam when I couldn't afford them back when he barely knew me which I really appreciated. He was always up for a chat and treated you like a friend immediately, the countless hours helping him test his various mods for renegade and him telling me how the coding behind it works I found so interesting...  RIP zunnie you'll be missed.

On 7/13/2018 at 5:31 PM, shaitan said:

Do any of you have the old servers we used to run back in FM days? Like the ones that preceeded OmegaAOW, the oldies that pretty much made z famous. I know one was the FM CrazyCTF by Jessica, but I can't even remember the name of the one that had the agt/obi guns when we merged with DT. 

It'd be nice to be able to do the oldy servers in tribute as well, I have a copy of that omega one.

I'll see what I can find, but I don't think there's anything left that predates OmegaAOW. I used to have the old CTF and AOW maps and I really wish I could find them, but they're just too old. UltraAOW, CrazyCTF, ...that were good times with zunnie ❤️

Dudley: Checking logs lastnight, I'm pretty sure it was TurboAOW > OmegaAOW > UltraAOW

Was going to add you into the PM conversation, I can't now. 

Was trying to get people from Yahoo days like FmCee. If you guys used Yahoo Messenger back then, you might want to send any messages/email requests in it now. They're closing it down July 17th. https://help.yahoo.com/kb/messenger/SLN28776.html?impressions=true

In case he doesn't make it to these topics, vsutp replied:

Thank you for the update. Rest In Peace Jan.

I miss playing with you all!

vsutp

Mike Gilmer

If you guys have emails of people, use them. Here's some of the oldy nicks:

Aimer
aLePriCon
alkfjakdj
AmishThang
AmunRa
Antisheep
AwayDr
BadOwnZu
Bailey
bbc-2beers
bl0me3
Black_Hand_Bob
Blademon3
CGFuzion
CGRose
Chris0191
ColdNapalm
DJPrime
DrCr4zy
Drjess
dudley
duper100
ECcrim
ECfranco
EChades
ECPsych0
ECshewolf
ECxian
Fact0r[8]
Fear
Flapper
Flipin_out
FMdoom
FMIronWarrior
FMk9snipe
FMKTFF
FMmcsas
FMremco
FMsarah
FMshaitan
FMshoot
FMzunnie
foresprit
fr3nchfry
Franz-Ferdinad
Fuzion
Geeti
Grey
Guardian
halo
Hesh
Hunty
IonicObi
IronWarrior
Jaalenn
jac85
JALiL
jindrak2
jngdwe
Joker-R
Kalo
kill0r
KoQNeWb
l1ghtning
Lightning
liquid
Locky-UK
Locky
luv2pb
manuel857
Memphis
Mindtzar
Mobius92
MP4Esprit
MPadam
MPalkfjakdj
MPAntisheep
MPbailey
MPchucky
MPcriminal
MPDooM
MPDragon
MPdrjessi
MPdudley
MPFear
MPFuzion
MPGrey
MPGrey
MPHakikat
MPhalo
MPHavoc
MPhope
MPimp
MPIronWarrior
MPKeffie
MPkickmofo
MPkillboy
MPKTFF
MPLightning
MPLocky
MPLyndis
MPmcsas
MPmemphis
MPmolov
MPMrMan
MPMuffin
MPmuther
MPnadrek
MPnuke
MPoxi
MPPayment
MPpiggy
MPpino
MPpuddle
MPreborn
MPrecon
MPremco
MPriot
MPscope
MPScript
MPshaitan
MPshaked
MPSharon
MPshewolf
MPshoot
MPspacer
MPtaka
MPTfk
MPtorro
MPulti
MPWereWolf
MPzunnie
MrMan
Muffin
Nihairo
NodServnt
Nuke_1268
Olaf
OspreyOG
oxi
Paymentdu
peacemaker
pIg_MUnky
pin0ob
Prime05
Puddle_Splasher
quickdamage
rammfan1
RC22Fires
reboob
reborn
Remco
Riot
Riots1337
Scope
SFxadet3
SgtBailey
Sh0ck
Shaked
Shiva
shoot
Showbizz
Slick_Snake
Sn0WDr4gon
snip3rbul
Snipz
Strike
switchblade
TDxDemon
TDxPsych0
TDxrammfan1
ulti
Virus
WD
Whoot108
Wilost0rm
WNxHunty
WNxJac
xDTaZeR
Xforce
Xian
Zanny
ZoSo
[One]paki-2700

Our methods and goals over at W3D Hub may not always align with MPF's but one thing we can all agree on is how much of an influence zunnie was over the Renegade community. I'm going to miss the passion he put into everything he did, even when others were critiquing him; sometimes a little too harshly.

I first met zunnie back at MP-Gaming where he helped manage the servers with oxi, reborn and strike, but after MP shut down, I didn't stay in direct contact. The way we both approached Renegade modding (especially when making total conversion mods) was quite different, though I always had respect for him for doing what he loved and achieving his modding goals in whatever ways he could. I miss the awesome co-op maps that he made for APB back in the day; we really had some thunder going in the community back then.

Rest in peace zunnie - A Renegade Legend