R.I.P. zunnie

bullvipe

@shaitan UltraAOW was back in FanMaps times where it all started, while the others were created with or after the split (and merging) of MP/DT. UltraAOW was revived some time later, but I don't know exactly when.

Anyone who is going, please send along all the kind words from us at MPF.  Especially myself, as I got to know him very well over the past 7 years.  And if anyone from the family wants to talk about him or anything don't hesitate to send them my way.

22 minutes ago, Pwn Call said:

Anyone who is going, please send along all the kind words from us at MPF.  Especially myself, as I got to know him very well over the past 7 years.  And if anyone from the family wants to talk about him or anything don't hesitate to send them my way.

I support this as well. It’s an odd feeling to know someone for such a long time online, but not in real life. 

RIP - Old friend.

Its good to see Zunnie went on to inspire and support so many more people.

Nice to see many of the old names too from FM & MP.

Ill dig out a copy of Renegade i think.

I never really knew Zunnie personally, nor had I met him, but by the sounds of it he was an amazing person. My condolences to his family. May he rest in peace.  

Guest akhero47

Rest easy zunnie..  I'll always have the fond memories of testing some of your shenanigans with you back in the day.  Not just this community, but the internet and the world as a whole for that matter lost one hell of a guy.

Guest Renalpha

Zunnie inspired me since the Source of quality clan. God he thought me so much.  I have been off for quite some time, but I always felt honoured when I was able to talk with zunnie. He made me fall in love with coding, modding counterstrike source iceworld. Have spend a lot of time, really a lot of time with him, Spencer the whole soq community.

I feel sorry for zunnie's family, and you guys. We have had our ups and downs withint the Community, but heck zunnie kept going on with what he was good at. Coding, modding and be a friendly person to test new stuff with. Everybody liked zunnie, that was his character, not judging people on stupith stuff people did. 

I feel like I want to join reborn by going to the funeral, but I feel like I can probably do something else, I don't know. Maybe we can arrange something together as a community, giving him a final donation. For flowers or helping the family out to pay for his funeral? 

Zunnie, you'll be missed. Every time someone thinks about renegade, it can't happen thinking about this dramatic event.

I hope you have found peace ❤️

Your brother was the one thing every one of us had in common. He was also the one who literally did the most stuff for the gaming communities he was involved in, he was a jack-of-all-trades(tester, coder, owner, social media, helped the newbies regarding games/irc/teamspeak/servers/you name it).

He would spend hours trying to help people, even if you were a regular player. A lot of us were his guinea pigs over the years for trying out new stuff he would do.

Back in 2007/2008 I forget which, he was the drive behind trying to keep C&C: Renegade alive. I had a small part in that regarding collecting maps for him. Him, what he did was put that out there everywhere to be downloaded. Back then there were a lot of places he would get banned from for doing it, but you know your brother better than any of us: when he wants to do something it will get done.

Jan was the heart and soul of a community. If he left a place, it was never the same again.

I apologize if it seems like I am posting in here a lot. I'm just trying to get things rolling so noone ever forgets him and the stuff he's worked on, and their children will be able to play his stuff long after we all give up gaming.

Your bother was the best of us, he was my first friend online back in 2004. He was the one back then(and over the years of bs'ing on irc/teamspeak) who took the time to show me the ropes. I will never forget him.

I hope you and your family find some measure of peace from knowing that Jan touched a lot of lives.

On 7/15/2018 at 7:29 PM, Kickmofo said:

If you would like to attend Zunnies funeral please get in touch with his brother 

00FC51A0-967B-4982-B4A1-56DDAF4A0294.jpeg

Hello,

Im Sander, Jan (zunnie) older brother. If any would like to come to his funeral will be more then welcome.

I know considering distances, many wont be able to. But the thought of all of you wanting to be there and show our brother how much he was loved is very much appriciated and will never be forgotten

I hope and pray my brother has found his peace, and sipping some coffee with Gramps.

Thank you all for caring, nice words, and support!

It means a lot to us and will help a lot during this terrible period.

Keep up the good work on these awesome games and give people smiles and laughter.

With respect and best regards,

Sander Wessels

RIP Zunnie it was an honour and privilege knowing you, although we only met via the media of headset and keyboard I was deeply saddened when I heard the tragic news. The renegade community along with the others you were associated with have lost a legend, your dedication to helping others was equally matched with your patience and attitude.

I'd like to think you've possibly bumped into Spoonplex up there and the two of you are working on some pretty amazing stuff for when the rest of us pitch up.

Farewell friend