R.I.P. zunnie

bullvipe

Just realised I put this is the wrong place.

I joined the event for an hour earlier, but for me personally it'll never be the same again without Zunnies keyboard tapping in the background and a "what?" when you speak to him. If anyone would like to keep in touch I'm happy to provide my contact details (Facebook, whatsapp). Just let me know as I'l take another leave of absence from tomorrow.

Take care all,

Hunty.

Guest Kaboom321

RIP Zunnie, I never spoke to you verbally but you were always fun to play in game with and made me (and a lot of us) laugh in game with your antics. You truly will be missed.

Can someone please embed the following Videos for me? (Forum noob here) If not the links to the tribute are below for anyone to watch/download for however long they are stored on the hosting platform.

Nuke 01

Nuke 02

ION 01

ION 02

Guest Cunin

I really didn't know him personally but his name always seem to come up if you was into Renegade for so long, because he was one of the people that left a mark on this game and its community with his contributions. It's thanks to people like him that this game survived this long and can still give so much fun, and why we all spent half of our life into it :)

Rest in peace, brother!

On 7/14/2018 at 11:00 PM, Guest Brother of Zunnie said:

Hello all,

First of all, thank you very much for all your nice words about my brother Jan (Zunnie)!!

The saddest news is that Zunnie wont be here anymore to do what he does best and thats to help others. He passed away last Thursday 12 July.

He will be rememberd here and in my (our) hearts forever!!

Thank you for being there with him for so long and taking your time to spend time with him.

He will be cremated on Tuesday 17th of July. 

With best regards,

Kees (brother of Jan)

ps: Remember him as how you knew him. He was one of the best!

Hi Kees, don’t know if you remember me (soqsharon, mpsharon), I still can’t believe this news, zunnie was a special person who touched so many peoples lives. I remember him (and his coffee machine) from the old days. I must admit I shed a tear when I got the email with h the sad news. I would love to have a game in zunnie’s honour, but wouldn’t know where to start any more. RIP zunnie, I will never forget you.😢

p.s so many names on here that I recognise from the old days, feel free to get in touch, would be great to catch up with some of you again.

Guest Dino4Delta

A little bit late..

My condoleances to the friends and family of Zunnie. I didn't talk much with him back in the day, but I did enjoy the games with him. May you rest in peace.

- Dino4Delta / CAdin0 / [DA]dino

Never know Zunnie, i play Renegade not often (last days was in ~2010 year), but i feel this pain. Please can someone make post of honor, to introduce Zunnie for new presons? I really want to know about him more...

I'm sorry it's taken so long for me to come here and pay my respects to someone who has helped shaped this community, Renegade and it's modding communities as a whole, not to mention inspired so many people to join in with their passion.
I remember Zunnie from the Renegade days and then later for Red Alert: A Path Beyond, with co-op servers being amazing and something new and exciting to play! As much as our communities broke apart and we never saw eye to eye, I at least respected how much he actually spent working on W3D projects and how he had such a passion and drive to do the best he could and create something fun for as many people to enjoy! I had so many amazing games with many others when TCW came out, the amount of extra work that went into the functionality and content to make it as enjoyable as it was, was simply amazing.

I heard that people from the community attended his funeral, told his family what he had achieved here and more. I'm glad that they got to hear about the side of him that they might not of known about, or if they did know that well at all.

I hope wherever he is, whoever he's getting to help mod or play Renegade with him, that he's resting peacefully and that my thought will be with him.

Command & Conquer has lost a great man, someone that'll never be replaced, not even close. 

I can't say that I ever knew him personally, but I do remember being in admiration of his contributions to the wider Renegade community back when I was active a few years ago. I played in other communities but I knew that Zunnie's work benefitted far more than just MPF, and to hear that such a staple of the community of the game I love has passed on at such a young age really is a sad shame. Reading through this post, it's clear to see how loved he was within MPF. I was nearly brought to tears when I heard that someone had placed a copy of Renegade alongside him - a touching tribute and one that is thoroughly deserved. Apologies for the belated condolences, but I offer them wholeheartedly nonetheless.

RIP Zunnie.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh man, Jan, ...

We have had amazing times in server controlling, coding & programming, supporting [MPF] communities as well as modding & playing various games for years, nearly for 16 years all together. It has all begun with the early APB Alpha and IRC, right? You have had worked hard and done so well with and within this community.

You had been one of the most friendliest people on this world I have ever met ... In real life as well as into the virtual reality! Those are 2 completely different worlds. A massive respect to you. There are such less brilliant people like you on this damned planet and now you have passed away. This world has lost a great soul. The best of the best always goes first. So sad but true.

I know that you have loved and helped your family at all costs, especially when you have become uncle years ago. I remember all of the wonderful and nice times we had together, every minute, since our 1st contact. You have had always helped me and trusted me, too. You've had been one of the best mentors I have ever had in my life. We had great times together, indeed.

Backups... I have always saved everything between you and me.

What had caused that rapid and unforeseen change [...] ?

I don't get it on your end. Was it an accident? Was it love?

[...]

May you and your family stay in peace. You won't be forgotten!

Rest in peace, zunnie.

I hope your soul has found a new & fresh home somewhere in a new Universe.

With highest respect,

N3

(aka: Alexander Wolff)

e6932081dac0eea599db3fd943647fbb.jpg

🌞y

...i still don't get it...

Sad news after a summer off!! Zunnie was always so welcoming to everyone. He really understood what it took to build a community and keep it running.

He will be missed. Another chapter in Renegade's long history comes to a close.

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 12:43 AM, shaitan said:

Dudley: Checking logs lastnight, I'm pretty sure it was TurboAOW > OmegaAOW > UltraAOW

Was going to add you into the PM conversation, I can't now. 

Was trying to get people from Yahoo days like FmCee. If you guys used Yahoo Messenger back then, you might want to send any messages/email requests in it now. They're closing it down July 17th. https://help.yahoo.com/kb/messenger/SLN28776.html?impressions=true

In case he doesn't make it to these topics, vsutp replied:

If you guys have emails of people, use them. Here's some of the oldy nicks:

Hide contents

Aimer
aLePriCon
alkfjakdj
AmishThang
AmunRa
Antisheep
AwayDr
BadOwnZu
Bailey
bbc-2beers
bl0me3
Black_Hand_Bob
Blademon3
CGFuzion
CGRose
Chris0191
ColdNapalm
DJPrime
DrCr4zy
Drjess
dudley
duper100
ECcrim
ECfranco
EChades
ECPsych0
ECshewolf
ECxian
Fact0r[8]
Fear
Flapper
Flipin_out
FMdoom
FMIronWarrior
FMk9snipe
FMKTFF
FMmcsas
FMremco
FMsarah
FMshaitan
FMshoot
FMzunnie
foresprit
fr3nchfry
Franz-Ferdinad
Fuzion
Geeti
Grey
Guardian
halo
Hesh
Hunty
IonicObi
IronWarrior
Jaalenn
jac85
JALiL
jindrak2
jngdwe
Joker-R
Kalo
kill0r
KoQNeWb
l1ghtning
Lightning
liquid
Locky-UK
Locky
luv2pb
manuel857
Memphis
Mindtzar
Mobius92
MP4Esprit
MPadam
MPalkfjakdj
MPAntisheep
MPbailey
MPchucky
MPcriminal
MPDooM
MPDragon
MPdrjessi
MPdudley
MPFear
MPFuzion
MPGrey
MPGrey
MPHakikat
MPhalo
MPHavoc
MPhope
MPimp
MPIronWarrior
MPKeffie
MPkickmofo
MPkillboy
MPKTFF
MPLightning
MPLocky
MPLyndis
MPmcsas
MPmemphis
MPmolov
MPMrMan
MPMuffin
MPmuther
MPnadrek
MPnuke
MPoxi
MPPayment
MPpiggy
MPpino
MPpuddle
MPreborn
MPrecon
MPremco
MPriot
MPscope
MPScript
MPshaitan
MPshaked
MPSharon
MPshewolf
MPshoot
MPspacer
MPtaka
MPTfk
MPtorro
MPulti
MPWereWolf
MPzunnie
MrMan
Muffin
Nihairo
NodServnt
Nuke_1268
Olaf
OspreyOG
oxi
Paymentdu
peacemaker
pIg_MUnky
pin0ob
Prime05
Puddle_Splasher
quickdamage
rammfan1
RC22Fires
reboob
reborn
Remco
Riot
Riots1337
Scope
SFxadet3
SgtBailey
Sh0ck
Shaked
Shiva
shoot
Showbizz
Slick_Snake
Sn0WDr4gon
snip3rbul
Snipz
Strike
switchblade
TDxDemon
TDxPsych0
TDxrammfan1
ulti
Virus
WD
Whoot108
Wilost0rm
WNxHunty
WNxJac
xDTaZeR
Xforce
Xian
Zanny
ZoSo
[One]paki-2700

So sad to hear about Zunnie. I was just a mere child when I met him. Such a great guy. I only just discovered this when I randomly googled C&C renegade (as I found the old case for it in my loft.) 

I think I have a bunch of these users e-mail on my Hotmail account. I will send a large e-mail informing them (hopefully some are still active).

RIP Zunnie you will be missed. 

I am downloading RenegadeX now and I will play  in you're memory.

Sleep tight, Animal253 / MPadam

• 3 weeks later...

A bit late, and also out of nowhere since this is my first post here in 4-5 years, but I managed to hear about Zunnie passing away. I wanted to come give my condolences, as I have very fond memories of playing and discussing TCW with him. It's a shame to hear about this, he was a very good man.

Rest in peace, Zunnie.

• 2 weeks later...
  • unknown locked, unfeatured and unpinned this topic
  • unknown unlocked this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

I seriously don't believe this i did not even know zunnie passed away unit some pl on discord told me, He was such a nice person, he invited me as a tester for TCW who has 0 experience testing games and even showed me around ingame to various place to check stuff out and spot which area need some work.

Even i did not knew him personally i still feel like i lost a close person to me.

May He Rest in Peace.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I might actually be available for that. I hope it’s a good turnout. I will totally stream that if I can make it. 

Rip Zunnie 

9 hours ago, shaitan said:

I can't get it to run on either of our servers...only my own pc.:(

I would do likely but server would have high ping. Infrastructure has some problems here atm.

Still can't believe Zunnie is gone. Sometimes I just want to jump on IRC or TS like I did all those years ago just to talk to the dude. Il never forget Jan. 

Hope everyone at MPF is doing well, take care all.