Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome, Guest!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

RoCkStAr

THEY ARE WORKING ON NEW COMMAND AND CONQUER !!!

HOLY SHIT, THERES A CHANCE

Im really satisfied about that news. Cannot imagine C&C ending at CNC4 which was garbage . Last decent C&C was C&C3 Tiberium Wars and Kanes Wrath which i really have enjoyed. We need to keep community alive, theres a chance. I remember when EA bought westwood i had really bad thoughts about it but even if they failed with RA3 and C&C4 i still had hope. Generals Zero hours was cool but Tiberium wars and Kanes wrath blewn my mind. Wish there was Renegade 2 game or RTS based on Tiberian Sun mixed with C&C 3 KW, with a little of Tiberian Dawn :D

mpfffff.jpg

Oh God please don't be another Tiberium Twilight. I would much appreciate a remaster of the older games though, like Red Alert 2(my favorite C&C of all time), or someting based on Tiberian Sun/Tiberian Dawn(C&C 1).

Even Generals 2 looked promising, I got to see the early stages of it on the forums for Tiberium Alliances(the shitty browser game) and I was really hoping that it would actually become a thing but unfortunately EA stopped paying those people working on the game and they eventually shut down the development after months with no paychecks. You see, it's not the developers' fault that some games are weird(hint hind Twilight) but the fact that the higher power behind them pushes them to do their bidding. For example, the reason why Twilight was made this way is simple, they(EA) intended the game to be released for the asian community as an esport and it failed to become one so the game is basically trash and no one really wants to play it.

Renegade 2 would be awesome indeed although it would bring a lot of players that have no idea about the original game(just like Ren X) and I don't really know how it would play out. Will it actually be a good game and be played for years just like our loved Renegey? Or will it end up just like Ren X and die out after a few months? I guess we'll see and all we can hope for is that we'll finally have a decent C&C game after so many years which will make all of us C&C vets rejoice.

One last note. If you're a EA employee/dev and reading this, then don't fuck up the new C&C or I will be very mad and start protesting naked in front of your HQ. That is not something you will want to see and I assure you that this will remain in your head forever. :wub:

What many don't know* c:

I clicked on your up arrow(idk how to reddit), your post is just above mine.

If the mobile game is successful they might revisit the franchise proper.  C&C3 and RA3 are too far detached from their predecessors in themes and story lines and atmosphere, etc. If you wanna continue something you gotta stick with the original writer's vision and expand on it properly. EA's C&C 3 and RA3 basically ditched the previous world building. Still fun games. Generals is cool 'cause it's its own thing.

Best thing I'd want is a retcon of C&C3 & C&C4, and make a new game set right after Tiberian Sun Firestorm, but this time, follow the lore properly. There was a fan project called General Failure's Tiberian Twilight Initiative. He made some big concepts and nice 3D models, and he was a true lore nerd of Tiberian Sun & Firestorm. He crafted an epic story and awesome unique asymmetrical game play.

He had planned the game to portray Earth totalyl infested with Tiberium, like it was in C&C 3's Red Zones, only cranked up to 11. Tiberium has completely infested all soil, well, 90 percent, almost. 4 factions were planned: GDI, Nod, the valiant warriors, and CABAL/Kane, and Scrin, the super soldier factions. While Scrin & CABAL embraced tiberium, GDI & Nod both had their own ways of evading tiberium infestation and protecting their own colonies of civilians.

GDI had bunker bases, had bunkers attached to their buildings, bunkers for Mechs, like Titans equipped with cannons on both sides, could stand inside its own bunker. They had gigantic tiberium harvesters, with even bigger Carry-Alls airlifting them. Railgun and Firestorm Defense tech abound. They used gigantic naval vessels, submersible aircraft carriers. Since tiberium can't fuck with water too bad, GDI had underwater colonies.

Nod has underground tech. They build their bases underground; the in game interface allows players to transition the view from on surface to underground areas real time, amd both worlds interact with each other. Nod players build tunnel networks, with fast railway trains (like the Montauk in Tiberian Sun) moving units to elevator entrances to/from the surface. Enemy players have to find ways to collapse underground tunnel networks to combat Nod's sneaky rushes. GDI Disrupters can shoot sonic shock waves into the ground and collapse tunnels. Nod has even deeper underground colonies lore wise for its civillians.

CABAL/Kane was the most epic monster in it all, even compared to Scrin. THE toughest untis of all. This is all the information I remember from Generals Failure's Tiberian Twilight Initiative, fan sequel to Tiberian Sun. It was 3D RTS, and he made some really cool models. Now this is YEARS before EA even thought of making C&C3. unfortunately His website is long gone. It was so cool, he barely got into the CABAL (who is lead by Kane - Nod is no longer lead by Kane) and the Scrin before he abandoned it all. :(

EA got lucky with Tiberium Wars & Generals (although I always felt Generals was trying to mimic Blizzard's Warcraft games) when they were released. Why they went away from sidebar controls is beyond me, but at least they came back to that with Tiberium Wars. RA3 sucked, and Tiberium Twilight sucked. I want to be excited about this, but I'm not. I gave every single one of EA's versions of C&C games a try, only to be let down so much. I never even considered their mobile games. Why play games on 5 inch screens instead of 20+ inch monitors. I guess for those who don't have PCs. Hmm. 

Anyway, I don't think they should remaster any game, or redesign it. If they feel like they MUST do something, then they just stick with what they've been doing, release another crappy C&C game (no disrespect to WW) and then ALSO release another collection of ALL C&C games for the 25 year mark, allowing support for newer/ALL OS's. They can count on more sales/revenue that way. 

Let's be real though, the C&C community supports itself, and everyone involved has done an amazing job in keeping these games alive. From Renegade to OpenRA to CnCNet. EA has some serious competition with it's fans, and they'll need to put a hell of a product on the table if they want to stand any chance against this community and it's fan base.

I'll end this post with some advice which I will forward onto EA through Reddit. They need to contract Frank Klepacki as a 3rd party composer for the entire soundtrack for this new game they want to deliver us another C&C game. Anything else will just be sub-par.

I agree, over the past decade only the community looked after the C&C games. Releasing unofficial patches to improve gameplay and such, new maps, hell of a lot mods(pretty sure the whole C&C mod database is bigger than any other game) and from time to time they recieved support from people that worked on the games.

For example Frank Klepacki(imo the one that made c&c what it is through his epic music) remixed some tracks and/or created new ones for mods like Twisted Insurrection and Mental Omega.

To be honest, no matter how fucked up the gameplay will be, there are always going to be modders that will try to improve it to the best of their skills and keep the C&C legacy alive for many more years to come because without us, it would have died a long time ago. 

I honestly hope it’s going to be a new Renegade, improved graphics and such but with the mechanics of the original one(free aim for instance) and not too many gameplay changes(like Ren X and the bullshit sprint, arties having to shoot in an arc and other crap like that) and I’m really curious about how it will play out and hopefully it will bring back some oldskool players and possibly even revive normal Ren.

I forgot about the work he did for those mods Headshoot, I wonder if he was compensated for that. EA should heavily consider that. Spend a little bit extra, make a little bit. What a crazy business idea! lol

Yeah I'm pretty sure the modding teams actually hired him. Probably a couple hundread bucks cause they still do this as a hobby and they don't get any money out of it to use the resources and hire full time musicians.

17 hours ago, WNxServer said:

point me up ;) ^^

Liked your comment at Reddit but tldr , i known your right . Sorry for lazyness :D

Would be nice if some remasters will come from the old C&C games.  Everybody wants a  a new version of C&C 4 and a remaster of renegade will be epic!

But EA wants to hear things like this:

Yeah, I want to play Renegade Pay 2 Win

Woohoo Red alert with microtransactions!

Yeah, we want to pay € 70- for useless dlc and a shitty season pass.  

Honestly i can pay monthly subscription of 10$ for having a great game or a 100$ for stand alone C&C title with 100$ each expansion pack. Hoping for two Expansion pack at least.

Monthly subscription would be okay too

EA_Jimtern

Verified: Jim Vessella, EA Producer1.8k points · 3 days agox2

Thanks for the post, Electrifyer. We will not be adding any microtransactions to a C&C Remaster.

@unknown @gkl21 @WNxServer @rohirrim6 @MPFwobbly196 @Dethice @Baddog13

They aint gonna do it ! yoo ! :D

EDIT

If you read EA redit thread theres information by Jim Vessella that old Westwood team is working on it mainly. I can die happily if they remake Tiberian Sun as Renegade with some C&C 3 units. Dig my grave and take my monies :D

On 10/15/2018 at 10:54 AM, RoCkStAr said:

EA_Jimtern

Verified: Jim Vessella, EA Producer1.8k points · 3 days agox2

Thanks for the post, Electrifyer. We will not be adding any microtransactions to a C&C Remaster.

@unknown @gkl21 @WNxServer @rohirrim6 @MPFwobbly196 @Dethice @Baddog13

They aint gonna do it ! yoo ! :D

EDIT

If you read EA redit thread theres information by Jim Vessella that old Westwood team is working on it mainly. I can die happily if they remake Tiberian Sun as Renegade with some C&C 3 units. Dig my grave and take my monies :D

They;re going to rebot C&C Tiberian Dawn and Red Alert. They also thinking of FPS. What we known so far, grpahic will be vintage like but good looking as for 2019/2020

i doubt there will be a new C&C. Watch "The rize and downfall of command & conquer" on utube.

notice: its a very long video

5 hours ago, DaDuKe said:

i doubt there will be a new C&C. Watch "The rize and downfall of command & conquer" on utube.

notice: its a very long video

It's already confirmed.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/command-and-conquer-remastered-red-alert

&

https://www.ea.com/news/details-command-and-conquer-remastered

Any game released instant game trainer will be made by me muhahahaha.

(to encahne your gameplay :P)