Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome, Guest!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

MorDos

Why are gamers so rude? I don’t get it, I really don’t.

I've been playing online FPS games for years, in fact I started out with several of the very first FPS Games online yes online games like Maze War1973 , Wolfenstein 3D 1992, Doom 1993, QuakeNet, QuakeWorld, Unreal Tournament  and many others "ON A DIALUP MODEM CONNECTION MIND YOU" before DSL /ADSL  AKA  Broadband was affordable. Some of you were not even thought of back then.

In fact some off you may not know it many of the media sounds you are hearing in Renegade today are sounds that have been ripped from QuakeWorld and Unreal Tournament they have been  around for over a 3 decades, yes they are that popular and just to be perfectly clear those main two games mentioned are still being played today around the world they have stood the test of time. UDP to QPort Baby.......Thanks to MR. Carmack.....It was a fun and invigorating beginning to Massively multiplayer online first-person shooters  Gaming Online.

Back in the days of dialup server gaming administrators and moderators  did not take kindly to rude, obnoxious or otherwise less than desirable text or behavior of players.

Nine out of ten times you would find yourself banned or otherwise booted from the server, however when myself and my good friend in Canada ran our own QuakeWorld server on a dialup connected game server accessible via around the world your name and DNS got black listed, our team would just gang up on you in game and make your gaming experiences really suck and without hacks or cheats.

We would just log in with Qizmo proxy client force you onto opposite team and FRAG THE LIVING CRAP OUT OF YOU eventually you leave and not come back and if you did come back your gaming tactics and behaviors changed for the better "conducive to the environment"  for our server of course this also meant we had to deal with server attacking if the right player knew what they were doing well that is a totally different manageable subject hacking someone back in the day was much easier than today and if you knew what you were doing you didn't get caught. Crashing someone's dialup modem was simple and easy a simple program called Aggressor could knock your crap offline in a matter of 30 seconds .

"Today's Administrators and Moderators are more tolerant however there must be a thresh hold and there must be policing there must be a line of scrimmage a no tolerance point".

If you guys remember, some of you won't or don't , back in the day it was the dominate thought that gamers were fat coke bottle eyed nerds. Living in their mothers basement’s, eating chocolate bars like a bad Eric Cartman experience on the WWW.  If you mentioned gaming you were already deemed a nerd and a dork and would remain a social outcast until you did something exceptionally cool to prove your worthiness, which I still believe is a b.s tradition.

As the times have changed it’s more popular to be a gamer now more so than ever.  Back in the day we  were questioning whether achievements, trophies and accolades ruined the FPS player experience and perhaps even tarnish a game depending on the content of the game.

As Developers, Administrators and Moderators  we all agreed that holding certain levels of accolades in any game does affect the gaming behavioral experience for all players including the ones whom have the highest accolades to the most inexperienced player we today have labeled N00Bs, somehow these players believe they are God's like Dag and Def only DAG and DEF certainly deserved the title as they not just were QuakeWorld & Unreal Tourney "GOD's" but they were also developers and they never ever let those accolades give them a big swollen heads, a right of passages  to just be a rude, obnoxious and otherwise less than a desirable player or being an undesirable human being.

The gaming community should not judge other gamers based on genitalia, sexual preference, age, trophy count" Accolades", color, race and anything that separates us in the real world.  We should be tolerant, polite, kind and helping to more inexperienced players, unless of course you have that swollen head syndrome and you wouldn't want your accolades smashed by your PADWONS, that my friends is just being conceded and that is a very bad human trait, I personally wouldn't want you physically in my presence.

-Think About that for a minute behaving a certain way in a game treats you to a look at being an imperfect human being with a bad trait in real life, a trait that you can change, owe the web's we weave in real life. 

Enough Ranting on Massively multiplayer online first-person shooters gaming history.

What I have pointed out today is that some gamers are no better than the people who had outcast us back in the day and you give us a bad name.  We were a family at one point.  We all stuck together.  Now we have factions and battle of the sexes with accolades to give us swollen heads.  However as noted above when those undesirables reared their ugly heads well we dealt with them appropriately.

So with all this said some of you will continue on your holeyer than thou moments in game "NOT REALITY",  some of you will likely spit fire words or worse  at me,  slander me and otherwise continue with your in conducive behaviors  in game but guess what after over 35 years of FPS gaming I have learned one valuable lesson.  What I do in FPS gaming stay's in the game, what I do and how I behave in game is how I behave in the real world,  some of you should think about this for a moment you might learn something and maybe find out you can be a better over all human being in real life.

For me the unrelenting truth is I love FPS Gaming I only chose certain games to play I don't' play for the accolades for this particular game I am a US Navy Veteran, Retired Chemical Process Technician  I am at home with this game Renegade, WE DONT WIN WARS AND RUN A POWER PLANT WITHOUT TEAM WORK there is no I in Team. For those of you whom carry pride in your KD Ratio's I applaud you however you should be told, it's only self serving NO ONE REALLY CARES.........

Food for Thought if you have a heart: - We don’t know what kind of impact we may have on a person's life when random encounters throw us together so it's up to us to be responsible.   You guys being prick's might be the catalyst to some poor kid killing himself when WE could’ve helped him all along.   It is our responsibility to help each other.  As gamers we should be united.  From all walks of gaming life, we are all gamers and we should treat each other as such, with dignity, respect and otherwise conducive behavior to the environment .

I play this game for relaxation, now if you want to try me out let's try QuakeWorld or Unreal Tournament you can pick the map and see who the Frags go to those games are second nature to me after 35 years, No I am not being CONCEDED, when you've been doing something for this long it's just second nature of course I don't really take the gaming as serious as I used to anymore that's what happens when you GROW UP...........

Ripping a chapter from the 90's Have a fun gaming experience, it's just a game be kind rewind a bit stop being an undesirable human being its very unbecoming to the human race in general........

Let's see what the cat drags in..........

clan noma.gif

I just want to reiterate the introduction heading to this Discussion / Comment or otherwise RANT.....

Respectfully should read "Why are some gamers so rude? I don’t get it, I really don’t".

I agree with Unknown, people can be pricks and we need our own defenses.  However, I would far prefer to play with people like MorDos who are more considerate of the human beings they are playing with.  I have had other players PM very rude things that should not be allowed by the moderators.  Moderators are supposed to moderate.  

2 hours ago, Makhaon6 said:

I agree with Unknown, people can be pricks and we need our own defenses.  However, I would far prefer to play with people like MorDos who are more considerate of the human beings they are playing with.  I have had other players PM very rude things that should not be allowed by the moderators.  Moderators are supposed to moderate.  

Agreed and you shouldn't have to put up with that kind of lingo you came to play have fun not be berated with negative lingo and sometimes utterly disrespectful nature. Unknown is right people can be pricks however people can change this type of behavior it is a choice not part of the human DNA it can be changed. It goes to the most important part of my post     "Food for Thought if you have a heart:"    However I know there are just some people who just do not care about other people in this world it's a shame......It saddens me how far over the past 35 years we as gamers have come to see some people are just never going to get it and for those whom chose to continue I say this you can't apologize for who you are, not that you would but guess what one day the tides will change you will be wearing the t-shirt prick and I promise YOU wont like the outcome pathetically you will have to endure this in your real daily lives and maybe one day in a game as they say "What goes around comes around."

On 1/4/2019 at 11:32 PM, MorDos said:

Agreed and you shouldn't have to put up with that kind of lingo you came to play have fun not be berated with negative lingo and sometimes utterly disrespectful nature. Unknown is right people can be pricks however people can change this type of behavior it is a choice not part of the human DNA it can be changed. It goes to the most important part of my post     "Food for Thought if you have a heart:"    However I know there are just some people who just do not care about other people in this world it's a shame......It saddens me how far over the past 35 years we as gamers have come to see some people are just never going to get it and for those whom chose to continue I say this you can't apologize for who you are, not that you would but guess what one day the tides will change you will be wearing the t-shirt prick and I promise YOU wont like the outcome pathetically you will have to endure this in your real daily lives and maybe one day in a game as they say "What goes around comes around."

Just pm us with "!requestmod" command. Will take a care of

Its interesting you post that particular subject. You accused me of being rude the other day when I was simply trying to help you.

You had gotten a spy crate. After I asked you about it, for some reason you misunderstood, or didn;t listen.  Then you rudely blasted me through PM about how rude I was and how I was a jerk. I was simply trying to help you understand a ss soldier is not the same as a spy. then you RQ before I could explain further.

I just think its funny, you talk about rudeness.....

On 1/7/2019 at 9:21 PM, LordGalyen said:

Its interesting you post that particular subject. You accused me of being rude the other day when I was simply trying to help you.

You had gotten a spy crate. After I asked you about it, for some reason you misunderstood, or didn;t listen.  Then you rudely blasted me through PM about how rude I was and how I was a jerk. I was simply trying to help you understand a ss soldier is not the same as a spy. then you RQ before I could explain further.

I just think its funny, you talk about rudeness.....

LordGaylen respectfully I wasn't being Rude as you put it, I did listen / Read .... what you said the other day the way you explained it to me in chat that I was a n00B your quote "Why do the N00bs always get the spy crate?

I asked a simple question and you refer to more than 1 way to get spy crate or being a spy ? I was under assumption that when you get a spy crate your immune to base defenses ? that is the way it used to be anyways.

That is what I was simply attempting to relay and you got utterly rude. When you want to call some one out then please try to be on the same page. Meaning when some one asks a question it does not require berating and being Rude to  the questionnaire..... You being Rude to me in PM and open Chat in game was one of the reasons I posted what I did, I did not get Rude I am never rude with anyone in game in fact I am all about courtesy and respect for even the Most disheartening individuals...

Now you may go on and defend yourself at that tune of You were not rude but never the less berating a player due in part they either do not know or have a question then the most Experienced player should always step up to the plate and try to help another GAMER, Player or as You put it N00b's to gain insights on the different experiences you have and try to help them understand an issue and or try to help them become a better player Berating or putting them down is unproductive and  not conducive to the environment as I still am today at odds of Spy Crate.

I will leave out any of the other disheartening comments you made out of respect for the Community......The above is the mild.

If asking someone why they are being RUDE is being Rude then this discussion is obviously out of context now and guess what the Discussion is closed about being Rude as obviously there is a communication Gap and or breakdown between us....

You never asked me the conditions, I got THE SPY CRATE, since when does it matter what character you are at the time you pick up the Spy Crate..... Unless of course possibly you are an SBH? Who knows does anyone know ?

So you have a nice day and have fun it's just a game.