Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome, Guest!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

eggplant.eggman

Remove Ape0x from RenList

Remove Ape0x from Renlist  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Should Interim Apex removed from Renlist?

• Remove from Renlist
    • Keep it in Renlist

Hi, I would like to request a remove to Apex server from RenList because of been on two server listing W3DHub and RenList. Also for stealing "some" content from MPF and killing Renegade itself. (They did steal some also from RenCorner)

Hello there.

I don't think you have all of the facts here. W3D Hub has now put all Renegade servers on the W3D Hub server list, so all servers are on both services. You can read more here: https://w3dhub.com/forum/topic/417301-w3d-hub-development-update-2019/

We have also in the beginnings of collaborating with the MPF and Rencorner communities to keep Renegade alive.

I'm not sure what content you mean? Can you elaborate? As far as I know, IA doesn't use any content created by MPF or Rencorner.

I highly doubt that IA is killing Renegade, I'd like to understand what you mean by that though.

Cheers,

OWA

3 hours ago, OWA said:

Hello there.

I don't think you have all of the facts here. W3D Hub has now put all Renegade servers on the W3D Hub server list, so all servers are on both services. You can read more here: https://w3dhub.com/forum/topic/417301-w3d-hub-development-update-2019/

We have also in the beginnings of collaborating with the MPF and Rencorner communities to keep Renegade alive.

I'm not sure what content you mean? Can you elaborate? As far as I know, IA doesn't use any content created by MPF or Rencorner.

I highly doubt that IA is killing Renegade, I'd like to understand what you mean by that though.

Cheers,

OWA

What kind of collaboration are you thinking of?

52 minutes ago, shaitan said:

I'm sorry guys, there is no Rencorner right now. LOL *still crying as I ask them to test/replace one HD, and another fails*

That's how they kill Vanilla Renegade servers, at least I guess ://

I don’t like IA, so if you expect me to be biased toward removing them, you’d be wrong. I will hold my biased opinions for other issues. 

I’m not going to vote either way.

Is it a mod? Yes.

Has other mods been on Renlist in years passed? Yes, APB being one, and no one magically complained about that, like some folks are here.

Can it be removed? Yes, should it? No, every server has a right to host themselves on Renlist.

When I even get a chance to play Renegade, I will always look to MPF 1st, then a co-op is populated, then a vanilla server (I won’t advertise the name, not sure if that’s a rule or not), and then IA

If IA is the only populated server, then I’ll join after talking myself out of playing another game at that point.

The secondary beef that people have with Apex remaining on the renlist is their prominent presence on the W3dHub launcher and getting W3dHub players, which then tips the scales on renlist because players go where there are players.

They did what I wanted, which was making it so it's more fair by having all renegade servers showing on the w3d launcher. If you've been paying attention to the Renlist now(compared to last September), you'll see people going to MPF, going to RC, going to W3d. Sure, they still took some players, but not as much as it was. There's a stark difference.

2 hours ago, i.wonder_whatsfordinner said:

Yes it's fair to remove it. That's because I don't think it's been fair a server been listed on 2 different listers. It doesn't make it have the right to stay. If that would've been me, I would remove it.

Both Renegade and IA are on both listers (W3D Hub Launcher and RenList), so there is literally nothing that is grossly unfair about the current situation.

I believe it's only the fact that the playerbase of Renegade is already that low, that there is not really any place for a 3rd Server.

As example: If you have 40 ppl. and 2 bars - every bar has 20 people. Now if you have 40 ppl. and 3 bars, every bar has ~13 Players. This isn't good for any future.

If RenCorner or we would think about quitting, because the count is that low, that the costs aren't it worth anymore, original Renegade would have only 1 server left and you know where this would turn... There's no alternative, just a Mod which isn't "really" playable. I've played it - the balance is extremely weak...

All in one - my doubt would be that this "can" kill Renegade.

3 minutes ago, WNxServer said:

I believe it's only the fact that the playerbase of Renegade is already that low, that there is not really any place for a 3rd Server.

As example: If you have 40 ppl. and 2 bars - every bar has 20 people. Now if you have 40 ppl. and 3 bars, every bar has ~13 Players. This isn't good for any future.

If RenCorner or we would think about quitting, because the count is that low, that the costs aren't it worth anymore, original Renegade would have only 1 server left and you know where this would turn... There's no alternative, just a Mod which isn't "really" playable. I've played it - the balance is extremely weak...

All in one - my doubt would be that this "can" kill Renegade.

I feel that if we don't work together to attract new players to the servers, Renegade will eventually die.

The fact of the matter is that the community needs new blood to keep it alive and we should attempt to bring more players into the ecosystem rather than sit and accept that the current playerbase is all we'll ever have to work with. Advertising that the Renegade community is still open for business, attracting new players (as well as returning players) and then retaining those players should be a priority.

At the end of the day, new people won't come to fill the servers if they don't know that they exist. So we should all make more of an effort to push outwards and bring more players in imo.

24 minutes ago, OWA said:

I feel that if we don't work together to attract new players to the servers, Renegade will eventually die.

The fact of the matter is that the community needs new blood to keep it alive and we should attempt to bring more players into the ecosystem rather than sit and accept that the current playerbase is all we'll ever have to work with. Advertising that the Renegade community is still open for business, attracting new players (as well as returning players) and then retaining those players should be a priority.

At the end of the day, new people won't come to fill the servers if they don't know that they exist. So we should all make more of an effort to push outwards and bring more players in imo.

My take is, this game is 17 years old. No new "Blood" is gonna join, all we can do is make sure that those whom play still keep on playing. With the player base divided into 3 sections it's not good for any servers. The players want 2 things, firstly an original vanilla server and secondly an non-vanilla server. With Rencorner being the only vanilla server there is, it keeps players entertained to have the best of both worlds.

But since the player base has shifted (to reasons which I can't understand fully), people will only join the populated server hence IA even if they dislike it (meaning non-vanilla server). More than a week I've been seeing people losing interest, oldies and regulars aren't showing up anymore not just here but at Rencorner as well. If we lose that server and mpf, you can bet that will be the last time you see me. I tried your server to give it a fair try but honestly it was too much to handle.

Ps. Nobody wants to play 17 year old game over COD, Fortnite and PUBG etc. More games have emerged and sadly we are all that's keeping renegade alive.

2 minutes ago, bad2gurlz said:

My take is, this game is 17 years old. No new "Blood" is gonna join, all we can do is make sure that those whom play still keep on playing. With the player base divided into 3 sections it's not good for any servers. The players want 2 things, firstly an original vanilla server and secondly an non-vanilla server. With Rencorner being the only vanilla server there is, it keeps players entertained to have the best of both worlds.

But since the player base has shifted (to reasons which I can't understand fully), people will only join the populated server hence IA even if they dislike it (meaning non-vanilla server). More than a week I've been seeing people losing interest, oldies and regulars aren't showing up anymore not just here but at Rencorner as well. If we lose that server and mpf, you can bet that will be the last time you see me. I tried your server to give it a fair try but honestly it was too much to handle.

Ps. Nobody wants to play 17 year old game over COD, Fortnite and PUBG etc. More games have emerged and sadly we are all that's keeping renegade alive.

That's a pretty defeatist attitude to be fair. No new blood will ever join if you resign yourself to that level of self-sabotaging rhetoric.

I think that if more advertising is done, more players will come. Just because Fortnite and PubG are the hot thing right now, it doesn't mean that people aren't willing to see what Renegade's got to offer. I still see posts regularly on Reddit and stuff where there's people asking about how they can play Renegade. Part of our (W3D Hub's) latest push is to make getting into a game of Renegade more accessible than ever, which we are really committed on delivering.

I don't think it's wise to assume that players don't want old games, when you look at the fact that Age of Empires 2 HD is the most popular RTS on Steam and many people still play old games like Minecraft and WoW, for example.

11 hours ago, OWA said:

That's a pretty defeatist attitude to be fair. No new blood will ever join if you resign yourself to that level of self-sabotaging rhetoric.

I think that if more advertising is done, more players will come. Just because Fortnite and PubG are the hot thing right now, it doesn't mean that people aren't willing to see what Renegade's got to offer. I still see posts regularly on Reddit and stuff where there's people asking about how they can play Renegade. Part of our (W3D Hub's) latest push is to make getting into a game of Renegade more accessible than ever, which we are really committed on delivering.

I don't think it's wise to assume that players don't want old games, when you look at the fact that Age of Empires 2 HD is the most popular RTS on Steam and many people still play old games like Minecraft and WoW, for example.

The defeatist attitude comes from experience. You think we all didn't thought of bringing new players, advertising. We tried, for years we tried but it was of no use. With multiple consoles around the world (Ps, xbox, Nintendo), you expect to compare renegade with Minecraft, it is available on everything unlike renegade.

But if you're so determined on bringing new blood, go ahead i'll support that. Good Luck.

12 hours ago, OWA said:

well, our problem is, we have no Platform like steam, where you can buy the game and play it. Next thing is, there is no Remake, likely "Renegade HD" or Remstered. We are still at the stage "Age of Empires 2".

WoW is still getting Add-Ons and is supported by Blizzard.

Minecraft has TV-Spots, and remakes aswell + many platforms

ava (Computer)
17. Mai 2009 (Version old_alpha rd-132211)[3]

Android
7. Oktober 2011[4]

iOS
17. November 2011[5]

Xbox 360 (Xbox Live)
9. Mai 2012[6]

Raspberry Pi
11. Februar 2013[7]

PlayStation 3 (PSN)
18. Dezember 2013[8]

PlayStation 4 (PSN)
4. September 2014[9]

Xbox One (Xbox Live)
5. September 2014[10]

PlayStation Vita (PSN)
15. Oktober 2014[11]

Windows Phone
9. Dezember 2014[12]

Windows 10 (Store-Version)
29. Juli 2015[12]

Nintendo Wii U (eShop)
17. Dezember 2015[13]

Apple TV
19. Dezember 2016[14]

Amazon Fire TV
19. Dezember 2016[14]

Nintendo Switch
12. Mai 2017[15]

New Nintendo 3DS
13. September 2017

All that stuff is official stuff by the publishers themself.

Renegade has his last official Patch on 28th January 2003 and is just supported and running by the last 2 communities

I don't know how Apex should attract new players when the mod is such unbalanced horrible and even finished in development.

Even the D3 Maps we are running are a pain in the ass from time to time... Have you already tried Apex?

My feelings are just based on facts and I have generally a bad feeling on Apex being there, lol..

But well.... we can try it for some time and see where this will go. o.O

21 minutes ago, bad2gurlz said:

The defeatist attitude comes from experience. You think we all didn't thought of bringing new players, advertising. We tried, for years we tried but it was of no use. With multiple consoles around the world (Ps, xbox, Nintendo), you expect to compare renegade with Minecraft, it is available on everything unlike renegade.

But if you're so determined on bringing new blood, go ahead i'll support that. Good Luck.

Don't be so rude tzzz :P

4 hours ago, bad2gurlz said:

Hopefully now that we've made it easier to play renegade, more people will be able to come into the game. I mean maybe Minecraft was a bad example, though the bulk of that userbase still play the Java version on PC (the version you can only get from a specific website) which what I guess I was trying to get at.

In the future it would be nice if EA released Renegade as freeware, since that would make life a LOT easier and bring in loads more players, but that's a bit of a pipe dream right now. I think that with enough advertisement we can bring new people in, it's just a case of sending the right message to the right places.

3 hours ago, WNxServer said:

well, our problem is, we have no Platform like steam, where you can buy the game and play it. Next thing is, there is no Remake, likely "Renegade HD" or Remstered. We are still at the stage "Age of Empires 2".

WoW is still getting Add-Ons and is supported by Blizzard.

Minecraft has TV-Spots, and remakes aswell + many platforms

-STUFF-

All that stuff is official stuff by the publishers themself.

Renegade has his last official Patch on 28th January 2003 and is just supported and running by the last 2 communities

I don't know how Apex should attract new players when the mod is such unbalanced horrible and even finished in development.

Even the D3 Maps we are running are a pain in the ass from time to time... Have you already tried Apex?

My feelings are just based on facts and I have generally a bad feeling on Apex being there, lol..

But well.... we can try it for some time and see where this will go. o.O

We've got Origin, for what it's worth, but I accept that point. You can't buy Renegade on it's own, which is a bit of a sticking point. Renegade X can be considered a remake of Renegade, but outside that, there's aren't really any remaster projects out there. I guess if the RenX guys approved, the newer models could be backported to the original Renegade and the game could be ported to scripts 5.0 in order to "remaster" it, but the maps would still need to be largely re-made to match the visual quality.

I also appreciate that Minecraft probably wasn't the best example either. As I was saying before, I was more thinking about the popular Java version that is only available from the Minecraft website.

The TT scripts have managed to keep Renegade updated and compatible with modern OS's for the most part, but getting those distributed on an official level isn't a possibility right now, which is a shame. This is why we're aiming to make getting into Renegade games as friction-less as possible through the W3D Hub Launcher. So there is minimal setup, minimal faffing about and more accessibility to the game that we all love.

I've tried Apex and although it's got a LOT of interesting content, I still largely prefer APB's more focused approach to the Renegade format. Balancing is something to feed back to Kaskins and dblaney with, as I'm not sure what the process is there. Of course, the unreleased Red Alert 2: Apocalypse Rising mod is the best mod though. ;)

Perhaps we can put something in the server title that clearly labels it as a heavily modded server, so that it doesn't confuse players who are looking for a more vanilla experience? There are things we can do that don't involve removing the server from the listings outright.

2 hours ago, OWA said:

Balancing is something to feed back to Kaskins and dblaney with,

That's one thing that I remember they didn't take too well when they were with us (MPF). Any time we had comments and concerns about a unit's balance, the argument was "You don't know how to play it then." This was mostly from dblaney, actually. Not so much from Kaskins, he was always more open to feedback than dblaney ever was.