Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome, Guest!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

trunkskgb

MPF “map remakes”

I played Tiberium Temple today and remembered that a few years back, myself and a few others were fixing a few maps that we all liked, but needed some minor improvements.

This was one of them. I also did a fix for Arena and Pacific. I can’t remember what exactly we did, but I am going to find MPF Tiberium Temple later and take a look.

I know in Arena I fixed the construction zone in the WF so GDI could make Mammoths.

Would anyone be interested in this versions?

Could something be done on Pacific to balance ob / agt little bit. Agt is quite bad on that map compared to ob due to it's placement and it's lower height. If it would be even bit higher and could shoot to top area like ob it would be much more fair.

Yes it could. The Max files are available for us to edit building placement. 

PacificDB is the most current version. I don’t have access to that version, only the original files.

Last time I did this map, I ran into VIS issues, but I think we were trying to “add” VIS to the map. We may not even need VIS for maps in 2020.

3 hours ago, vihannes2 said:

Could something be done on Pacific to balance ob / agt little bit. Agt is quite bad on that map compared to ob due to it's placement and it's lower height. If it would be even bit higher and could shoot to top area like ob it would be much more fair.

I can place elevatored base defenses and put these defenses to top where Cannon Emplacements stay so we can access them via elevators. (Like inside to MCT room, MCT to base, 2 elevators in total)

Only thing I need in that case is map source.

I think Pacific should be left alone, I think that feature makes it a unique map, just like being able to walk up on the mountains on Alpine makes that map unique. Without these unique “fan” map features, they just become boring linear stock maps.

We start changing things on maps because we don’t like them, that puts us in a gray area. 

Just saying!

1 hour ago, trunkskgb said:

I think Pacific should be left alone, I think that feature makes it a unique map, just like being able to walk up on the mountains on Alpine makes that map unique. Without these unique “fan” map features, they just become boring linear stock maps.

Well I think my and others point is the balance issue. Agt never shoots to top level at all while Obelisk covers top area almost 100% and quite far away also making any rushes through top almost impossible.

This makes easy to shoot 3 of gdi buildings with stanks from top where base defence or any unit down in gdi base cannot reach without climbing up. Gdi doesn't really get anything in return for this weakness. Bridge and seaside routes are somewhat similiar for both teams. Sure Hon is more vulnerable than Bar but I feel like Nod has those two turrets to compensate this.

Maybe could try just adding some smaller defences on Gdi side top? Like capturable turrets instead of those current emplacements.

Not every map is balanced. Think of Glacier/Flying... GDI can rain hell on the Airstrip all from the coziness campfire so close to their base, yet no one has ever said, let's move the Airstrip back or build a wall!

I like Pacific the way it is, and I adjust my game play on every map, including this one.