Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome, Guest!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
WhiteHorse

too few players

Hello guys

sorry for me bad english i come form Germany

why are there hardly any people online here, I haven't been online for a year now. But every now and then, one day I come online and the servers are constantly empty.
Then I met someone who was online and said all people left because of the hackers. What I can hardly imagine is not going to disappear to over 100 people.
Then I was told that on the weekends I should give it a try, there should be more going on, but even there is almost nothing going on.

what happened here???? there was an update from which I didn't get anything guys where did you all go ??

I want to play C&C Renegade on MPF server again, it's just not fun alone. I can still remember a lot of games where it really went like in the video:

wieso sind hier kaum noch leute online, ich war jetzt ein jahr nicht mehr richtig online. Aber hin und wieder schon, eines tages komm ich online und die Server sind andauernd leer.
Dann Habe ich einen getroffen, der war gerade online der meinte alle leute sind gegangen wegen den hackern. Was ich mir nur schwer vorstellen kann da nicht jetzt auf gleich über 100 leute verschwinden.
Dann wurde mir gesagt, an den wochenenden soll ich es mal versuchen, Da soll mehr los sein aber selbst da ist so gut wie nix mehr los.

was ist hier passiert???? gabs hier ein Update von dem ich nix mitbekommen habe guys wo seid ihr alle hin??

ich will mal wieder C&C Renegade auf MPF server spielen, bloß allein macht das kein Spass. Ich kann mich noch an viele spiele erinnern wo es richtig abging wie hier im Video

ich würde mich auf eine Antwort freuen wenn hier überhaupt noch einer lebt

We still play, but unlike when this game 1st released, there aren’t many players out there anymore. 

Weekends are best yes, and you will often find 25+ players, and there are peak times of the week days that you will find players.

All this week, from east coast America, I’ve been playing and the server count on average has been about 20. 

Renegade is in a slump, but not dead! It’ll never die!

I myself (and a few others) are still making maps. The development team here is making continuous improvement to the server and forums and such.

Keep checking the listings, you will find us on the battlefield!

thanks for the info😀
I hope that this great game will never die out

i hope that the new C&C team also creates a remastered renegade with new online servers, just as it used to be where you could rent your own server
because as far as I know, remastered C&C  and I believe C&C Red alert 1 too will be released this year 2020

what do you think about it?

I don’t know if they’ll ever remaster Renegade, but as long as this game doesn’t die and stays available on all new Windows platforms, I’d be happy as a pig in poop! 💩 

renegade will never die but u have to understand this game is almost 20 years old all other games of that age are completely dead so renegade isn't doing so bad

the Problem is the the new player with not even knowing that this game can still be played online 😞 

my guess is only if there is a remake of C&C Renegade wiht new servers
then a lot of players would play the new C&C Renegade because they just have to install the game and do not need any other programs besides it. This is easier for some

renegade will never die but u have to understand this game is almost 20 years old all other games of that age are completely dead so renegade isn't doing so bad

not quite C&C Generals Zero Hour and other C&C games still alive😉

C&C Revora keeps the old strategy game alive
which is a good thing👍 because I play a lot of C&C Generals ZH myself

Hi @WhiteHorse, Nice to see you are still around. Have you heard off the game Earthbreakers?  Changes is great that it will be released this year and it looks like a new version of Renegade. Maybe this game will also bring players back to Renegade.

hi are we still so well known? ^^ 😀

no, I haven't heard of a Renegade 2 this is new for me
I only know Renegade X but the I personally find bad

i saw the trailer by Earthbreakers

can you then select the speech output there or is there only English?

and is the game free to play?

Not sure yet @WhiteHorse, it’s being hosted through Steam. Release date is 2020. It shows promise. That game as well as the remasters will make the C&C universe known again, and I think it will attract more players here to Renegade again.

@WhiteHorse

Hey, it was fun seeing you in-game again :P I remember you and BlackHorse from exactly four years ago (I only recently came back too). Getting games going is kinda hard now, different people like different maps and people easily leave if things don't go well while player count is still low.

As for cheaters, things can look weird at times (just general renegade issues and the fact that people all over the world play on a US-based server, which results in some people having a high ping, depending on their location). There's a few people who call everyone and everything a cheater. After 4 years even I am still being called a cheater (Even though there are people who I can't kill because they always HS me no matter how I move, yet they are "skilled").

Some fun memories:

https://youtu.be/RoXXlSdUSy8?t=48

https://youtu.be/3qZ7ASgpzHw?t=100

Plus I hope you don't do stuff like this anymore (Read the full description of the video if you don't get why):

On 2/11/2020 at 9:32 PM, Darkzero said:

@WhiteHorse

Hey, it was fun seeing you in-game again :P I remember you and BlackHorse from exactly four years ago (I only recently came back too). Getting games going is kinda hard now, different people like different maps and people easily leave if things don't go well while player count is still low.

As for cheaters, things can look weird at times (just general renegade issues and the fact that people all over the world play on a US-based server, which results in some people having a high ping, depending on their location). There's a few people who call everyone and everything a cheater. After 4 years even I am still being called a cheater (Even though there are people who I can't kill because they always HS me no matter how I move, yet they are "skilled").

Some fun memories:

https://youtu.be/RoXXlSdUSy8?t=48

https://youtu.be/3qZ7ASgpzHw?t=100

Plus I hope you don't do stuff like this anymore (Read the full description of the video if you don't get why):

lol 🤣🤣

i have shown it to BlackHorse best of BlackHorse and WhiteHorse 😄

nice Videos ^^

BlackHorse writes i love you Dark🤣 ^^

I will say this much about your question concerning the amount of players being at a low, and a bit of insight as to an advantage this could be to you and from early FPS gaming experiences how this works, I will try not to ramble however there is much to be said about this subject in it's entirety. "Your advantage is being on the server you can take advantage of many aspects of each map in rotation" This allows you to learn the game and learn about each and every map.

My Background as a FPS gamer is this in a nut shell, ever hear of QuakeWorld? Google it. History lesson in short we played this one of the first fast paced First Person Shooter games on dialup CONNECTION when broadband didn't exist for the common everyday internet user back then refereed to only as the WORLD WIDE WEB back then Mr. J Carmack  "Co-Founded ID-Gmaes" Developed a game code interfaced around UDP User Datagram Protocol which significantly enhanced FPS gaming over the dialup connection. Games like Doom Commander Keen, Wolfenstein 3D, Quake and their sequels could be played by the masses all together on the same server. Enough ranting on old technology.

Now back then I and my good friends in Canada had a Clan / Team play we ran our own servers on dialup connections mind you thanks to UDP we managed, administered and played as well. 

From past experiences no one game stays very popular for very long however QuakeWorld is still being played to this date but not by the masses only those who are 1. die hards and 2. Are just ethical enough to know any game that stands the test of time at a tune of 35+ years to still find servers and playeres it is a game worth keeping around on your desktops.

Which brings me to the short end of this, there are a lot of reasonable variables to why players move on from one game to another to many in fact to cover, sometimes hacks and cheats get so jammed up into a game it makes playing unbearable note as long as there are FPS games in existence and kiddie hackers around you will always have cheateres and hacks it's just the nature of the FPS  game  world you have 4 kinds of players Experienced, Newbies, Ethical and Unethical players simple as that.

To sum the last paragraph it is up to the server administrators, moderators and even the players to participate in policing the activity with in the servers they manage, own or play on with that said it is also up to the administrators to ensure that there servers and there platforms are are offering choices and well defined opportunities to the players they are catering to in order to keep players around through good management and the key word fun.

"Fun" back in the day we always tried to ensure the FPS experience was FUN...as we watched FPS gaming moving forward eveolve if you will to even now what it is today the FPS gamer experience has evolved though as before many variables can influence why certain games continue to stand on there own into the future and why others fall off the digital network lines and become extinct is realy a topic which is rhetorical in nature..

I believe Renegade is one of those FPS games that deserves much credit "will test time" as even I as far back as QuakWorld FPS "First" Real FPS Multiplayer's Game  online can remember very vividly many servers dried up "Various Variables" and many continued into the future Clan Noma "Lenomde" Server was one of those that managed to continue to exist into the future Proof you say? here is a link to our Clan / Server Home page which mind you still is archived and viewable as a relic of the past.

Clan Noma http://lenomade.tripod.com/ Yes it's still there it is a parked webpage from the old days. Our servers went down by choices in our lives for those who ran them, owned them and managed them, my case I partially owned and fully managed ours  the question came about when I decided to join the US Navy and my good friend Ben other owner decided to close the doors as without me he couldn't continue on his own with out me in the mix. The decision then was made to close the connections and move on with real life decisions. However we still get together from time to time and play QuakeWorld yes there are still servers around to this date .........

So as you can see even real life events and situations can influence the Gamer, Owners and Administrators and the world of online gaming and all the intriguing aspects of such a addictive forum can and will be influenced however in the end it is up to the people who are in direct control of that forum to ensure there servers stay on top and are enticing enough to make sure that player's are and will continue to come back to there servers to play and have and maintain FUN after all we can all agree on that one concept it is "FUN" and from my experience when that factor drops off for what ever reasons "The Variables Again" the game is no longer "FUN" is when player's seek out other game sources, servers that are of "FUN" in nature or at least bearable to continue to play on that gaming platform.