zunnie

So you want a teleporter for players on your map? This is possible.
I made two scripts for this purpose, one that teleports anyone, and another that teleports only players from a specific team.
Ofcourse you can use other scripts for this but i will focus this tutorial on the two i made myself which are available in 4.0
The two scripts are called "z_Enter_Teleport_Random" and "z_Enter_Teleport_Random_Team".
You can also use this for the teleporters as it looks much cooler than a stupid pedestal: http://multiplayerforums.com/index.php?/files/file/212-teleport-tubes/

First lets move on to the Editor and we place a CtfPedestalGold on the map which will function as the visual indicator for this teleporter,
stepping on this pedestal will teleport a player to another location.
Expand (1)Object, then (2)Simple, then (3)CTF_Objects and finally select (4)CtfPedestalGold
Image2.png

Now click the make button and it will appear on your map:
Image3.png

Now, the way my scripts work is simple:
You place 5 "Daves Arrow" on your map, the ID of each of these Arrows are used by the script and randomly select one of them to teleport the player to.
So we are now gonna place 5 of these Dave Arrows on the map.
Expace (1)Object, then (2)Simple, then select the (3)Daves Arrow and (4)make 5 of them on the map near the location where you want players to teleport to:
Image4.png

Now double click on each of the Arrows and note their ID in notepad:
Image5.png

In my example they are:

Now that we have the ID's let's finally actually create the area that will teleport the player.
Expand (1)Object, then expand (2)Script Zone and there select the (3)Script_Zone_Star and click (4)Make to place one on your map.
A green box will appear on the map, position it over the pedestal, you can resize it with the black boxes at each corner, hold shift to size it up and down.
Make the box appear like on the example screenshot below:
Image6.png

Now double click on the green box, a new window will appear. Goto its "Scripts" tab.
There click on "Add" and scroll down to z_Enter_Teleport_Random and select it.
Here you enter all the five ID's we wrote down in Notepad earlier:
Image7.png

The endresult should look like this (based on my example ID's above):
Image8.png

Now save your map, make a mix file and try it out!
Players that step on the pedestal will be teleported to the locations of the Dave Arrows you placed randomly.

PS: If you want a TEAM oriented teleporter then use z_Enter_Teleport_Random_Team and do the same thing but with Team enter 0 for Nod and 1 for GDI,
then only players of that team can use the teleporter.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey zunnie, if you ever come back, do you know how to make this work for vehicles that no one is in?  I want to use this for my airstrip teleporter so when you buy a vehicle it is teleported somewhere.