What is RenegadeX?

Slammer59

Question

Hello MPF fans,

I wonder what is RenegadeX bases on? bases on the engine of Renegade with different graphics and sound, like TCW? or does it have a coplete new grapic engine?

thanks for any answer ;)

15 answers to this question

Currently its a F2P stand alone mod from renegade, based on the unreal engine. It has some nice ideas but a totally different way of playing than Renegade. U can actually download and play it for free, its ok for a few hours but thats it allready.

Currently its a F2P stand alone mod from renegade, based on the unreal engine. It has some nice ideas but a totally different way of playing than Renegade. U can actually download and play it for free, its ok for a few hours but thats it allready.

oke, thanks for your quick answer.

But got it a better future then TCW?

Guest roszek

It's supposed to be Renegade on the unreal engine, does look nice but they haven't finished it or something ...dunno only tried it once years ago and didnt like it cuz was missing lots of stuff that ren does plus I thought the inf moved funny.

I think Bazil is a beta tester.

It's being built on the UDK (Unreal Development Kit) which runs on Unreal Engine 3 used by for example Unreal Tournament 3.

It has lots of better graphics than Renegade and TCW has.

We used to run a server with MP-Gaming.com back in the day with the UT3 based Mod of it. Good times in the beginning with server alot of full but it is no longer supported now (the ut3 version that is, the UDK one IS).

It's very nice stuff this. I've played the beta's a bit and its awesome :D

Can't tell much about gameplay though as i havent played online yet with many people but im sure it will be great.

Kenz3001 is a developer there btw :o (one of our Administrators) :o :o :o

It's being built on the UDK (Unreal Development Kit) which runs on Unreal Engine 3 used by for example Unreal Tournament 3.

It has lots of better graphics than Renegade and TCW has.

We used to run a server with MP-Gaming.com back in the day with the UT3 based Mod of it. Good times in the beginning with server alot of full but it is no longer supported now (the ut3 version that is, the UDK one IS).

It's very nice stuff this. I've played the beta's a bit and its awesome :D

Can't tell much about gameplay though as i havent played online yet with many people but im sure it will be great.

Kenz3001 is a developer there btw :o (one of our Administrators) :o :o :o

oke zunnie, thanks for your explenation. ;)

So its free to play and created by the community, same as TCW? correct me if iam wrong.

It was probably made by desire of the community for a next version of Renegade?

RenegadeX began as a Unreal Tournament 3 Mod. I don't know, if it has become a standalone mod. It so has a pretty much same story as C&C: A Path Beyond had which has been modded and created by www.bluehellproductions.com!

The gameplay of RenX was nearly the same as Unreal Tournemnt 3 has, just with Renegade structures, different units, vehicles and of course weapons. I maybe played it for 30 minutes only on its official pre-release day in the past. IMHO it was better to play UT3 instead. However, the modders did a really great and awesome job!!

This here is/was the (latest?) official promotion trailer before open-beta:

if ya need info on RenX go to www,renegade-x.com ... the udk mp version will be 1000% better then the ut3 version and the team has made leaps and bounds since black dawn cant say much more then that but go look at there forums some cool images / vids on there

Guest roszek

if ya need info on renx go to www,renegade-x.com ... the udk mp version will be 1000% better then the ut3 version and the team has made leaps and bounds since black dawn cant say much more then that but go look at there forums some cool images / vids on there

I perfer 3ds max over renx :|