Playing Ren

Relentless

Question

For some reason I can not... used to all the time. I join tonight & my ping spikes from 300-3000+ then kicks me every few moments and its done that before. Once or twice. Did the resets, no virus according to MacAfee. Nothing downloading. The rest of my internet is fine. Suggestions? Thank you.

12 answers to this question

Previously, I did all the resets including but not limited to the PC. No go. Working fine now. Seems to happen once in a blue moon, 3 times in the last year but damn it lasts for hours. Then mysteriously works again when no one is around. However, everything else internet related worked fine I could Skype just fine, go to youtube interact with USO (relentless supporter of WWP) but when I tried to play ren... I could not most of the evening, until everyone was gone, then what was the point! Shit happens, will update. Thank you for your input.

Hate to be "this guy" but its doing it again. Everything else is working just fine, just cant play Ren even on Imp Age keep getting "connection to server blah blah"  But I can go to Jelly or Ren corner ok, go figure. Assistance needed, Jelly sux!

im not sure where i have read that, if it was here or in BHP forums. there was someone with the same problemm as you have there was something region related bug or something else i just cant remember it correctly. let me search it again. by the way have you tryed changing your IP? also maybe just restart your modem/router (pull cable off for 20 secs)

The firewall, will give that a shot next time it occurs & let you do your thing. What ever the issue is, it does not go away in a few moments so you will have plenty of time to respond & sitrep. However, it seems to vanish after players have left server. Maybe my internet must think too hard? I appreciate your assistance in this matter, the limited time I get to play ren is hampered by this random nuisance!

im not at home will go in further details later. are you just using a modem (one internet connection) or do you run a wifi router? depends on what you use, you have to login into it and change the MAC adress (just change one value to whatever you want) but note your original MAC adress. after you changed it you loose the whole internet connection (or till you save the setting) in that time pull of your ethernet cable and power cable from your Modem (not wifi router if you use one). after 20 seconds pull cables in and you need to wait mostly 2 minutes to obtain a new IP automaticly. after you got a new ip you directly get internet acces again. you can check you ip on whatismyip.de to check if it worked.

yea its a little tricky but once you have done it its easy. internet providers and microsoft keep trying to block ip changing but there is always a work around :P and why does that work? because MAC adress is the indetification number of your modem/router (like a games serial), by changing the mac you simulate a "new" modem/router