Donations Preferred

zunnie

Yea we got rid of the EU box so the bill is rougly $225 now alltogether.

We really tried/wanted to keep it but its just too expensive to keep em both.

Maybe when i can contribute more myself again in a couple of months we can get one again but i dunno.

hi zunnie, ive donated too,i want to support you and MPF, ive moved to a new house long time ago in holland, so i can talk about it.

MPF must be thinking iam dissapeard from the earth, but i want to explain in the mod forum, but i dont know when, because right know iam very sick and overstressed, i got pills from the dokter.

Off course MPF main newmaps server is most important, thats why i donated.

succes for moving to a new house, we can talk about in team speak, because ive no payed job for a long time, just a bit money from the Dutch goverment,maybe you too, i dont know, i have experiance about getting money from the dutch goverment.

greetings

Zunnie,

You know i'm always willing to help. I've been really busy lately and haven't been able to play much, but plan on doing so shortly! If you would like a test server or a primary server, our cloud has been churning great lately. We have redundant SANs, 10Gig switches, Level3 bandwidth, and can spin you up a test (or primary) server whenever you want. Can setup other smaller servers for other services as well (TS, etc). Providing infrastructure isn't a problem, create a Windows Template and spin up additional servers as needed.

All cloud servers sit on top of Dual SSD SANs (failover, redundant), 20Gbps SAN Network, failover HyperVisors. The performance has attracted quite a few large companies and have infrastructure that any game server administrator would drool over.

Second Option - What if everyone chips in and save up to ~$1600 and build a server and do colocation? That price would get you a E3-1240v3, 32GB Memory, 1TB SSD, 1U Chassis, SuperMicro Motherboard with IPMI. After the CPU get's old, you spend $250-$450 every 2-3 years to upgrade it. This is a lot cheaper than spending $250-$450/mo on a server. I can colocate it for free.

Zunnie,

You know i'm always willing to help. I've been really busy lately and haven't been able to play much, but plan on doing so shortly! If you would like a test server or a primary server, our cloud has been churning great lately. We have redundant SANs, 10Gig switches, Level3 bandwidth, and can spin you up a test (or primary) server whenever you want. Can setup other smaller servers for other services as well (TS, etc). Providing infrastructure isn't a problem, create a Windows Template and spin up additional servers as needed.

All cloud servers sit on top of Dual SSD SANs (failover, redundant), 20Gbps SAN Network, failover HyperVisors. The performance has attracted quite a few large companies and have infrastructure that any game server administrator would drool over.

Second Option - What if everyone chips in and save up to ~$1600 and build a server and do colocation? That price would get you a E3-1240v3, 32GB Memory, 1TB SSD, 1U Chassis, SuperMicro Motherboard with IPMI. After the CPU get's old, you spend $250-$450 every 2-3 years to upgrade it. This is a lot cheaper than spending $250-$450/mo on a server. I can colocate it for free.

That second option is an insanely good idea, you don't even know. It also gives you the benefit of legal ownership of the hardware and 110% ability to customize it to your needs that many companies simply cannot or will not do.

I might contact you in the future about it ;)

We would still like to have an EU based server in Amsterdam or Berlin but the costs really drove us nuts for a while, we kept the EU box for 4 months or so but the total picture of all costs together was just a little over the top for us.

And with me stopping funding a bit for a few months because im moving to a new house unless we got enough donations (on a monthly basis though which is maybe too much asked) we just decided to cancel it after all.

The USA box will definately not go anywhere anytime soon, i've had a couple of offers from other guys to replace it but the box is good, fast and affordable for us and we've been with Limestone Networks for over a year now so i don't see the need to switch over anytime soon. But ANOTHER European based serverpc is something we would really like to have again in the near future, which i'll talk to you about when the time comes :)

Thanks for the offer ;)