Possible bug on Complex_CB (At least I think that's the map, it's definitely Complex)

Graxion

Question

Earlier today I was playing on this map, and while flying around in a Banshee, the transport plane that drops off vehicles at the Airstrip ran into me in midair. But rather than die and respawn, I was left with my camera angle in the same position as when I was hit, and I had "GAMEPLAY PENDING" floating in the center of my screen. Everything was moving normally and I could see chat, but despite my perfect connection I still could not respawn. I ended up having to leave and rejoin the game to fix the problem. I will try to reproduce next time I see the map come up on the server and post a screenshot. As of now I am not sure if this is an isolated issue, map-specific bug, or server-side bug dealing with all air units.

7 answers to this question

I was left with my camera angle in the same position as when I was hit, and I had "GAMEPLAY PENDING" floating in the center of my screen.

I don't think this is a map specific bug. The same thing has happened to me a few times in other servers

If it's with 4.0, perhaps there's some code missing somewhere, and when this happens, the game/server is unsure what to do with it. Since it's essentially a mobile killzone, why not have the original code removed from the plane, and have it be just that, a flying killzone. Since I've never seen any issues with killzones in maps, this should fix the problem.