Windows 10 ren install

ECgreene

Question

hi guys

just got a new laptop with windows 10. went to install ren and it comes up with setup has stopped working. 

it will load the first screen and when i click install it just freezes and this happens.

i have tried running in compatibility for prevoius windows xp etc and run as admin but always come back to" set up has stopped working" box. 

its driving me mad and my boy will be very sad if he can play his fav game ren on his new christmas present!

many thanks if anyone can help.

14 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, Exterminator_3 said:

hi im not 100% sure  but probally are windows 10 are too new for old games did u try to change 

compatibility?

Try reading before you post you mib.

Nah i downloaded mine. You can pretty much get it free anywhere now. You will probably will share a serial with other people but that shouldn't matter too much, i do with mine.

ok guys i have download all of the 3 isos on genesis link. can anyone give me a nub guide on what to do next as when a extract and run setup it asks to insert disk!!!!! RAGEEEEEEEEE 

many thanks i really wanna get my lad set up on ren again

The game is available via Origin as part of the Command & Conquer Ultimate Collection (17 games in total, plus Soundtracks via an Additional Content App), which is a digital download of each major installment (with the expansions slipstreamed into the installers) for the franchise) for ~$20 USD.

And according to EA Customer Service, the Origin Installers will work with Windows 10 (Home/Pro doesn't matter). Found out after talking to a rep about issues that I found with Tiberium Dawn (C&C '95) Red Alert, Tiberium Sun, Red Alert 2, and issues with the following NFS Titles (DVD/CD discs) in windows: Need For Speed Most Wanted Black Edition (2005) and Need For Speed Carbon Collector's Edition (2005).

Still have issues trying to play the NFS titles.

A Free alternative to Daemon Tools Lite for mounting disc images is MagicDisc, MagicDisc doesn't list that Windows 10 is supported, but it does support the OS. I know that the tool works because I use it myself.