Holy fecking winduws

TehVib

Question

In my exuburance :playboymaul: i went for a windows vista upgrade,wanted to upgrade my 32 bit to 64 bit, so i could enjoy Renegade X with more ram*more always better*. After 3 days of fukign everything about, i ended up here.

Went for linux ubuntu,tried a install with live session. Than a friend said he* mr cartar* i can do u it faster for u :angry:

Asshole deleted bootmanager,bios wont detect my 2,2 terabyte infinity drive now, he deleted teh partitions so linux ubuntu cant even see the drive to install or format so i cant pass step 4 of 7. Even testdisk in Gparted cant find anything, only shows teh flashdrive or cd ur using.

In short: Bios wont detect drive, i cant manage to restore bootmanager, also keep getting the next error:

ata 3.00; srst failed (errno=-16)

Ive definately sworn off windows,going new ubuntu all the way. But i need the brains of the mpf crew to be my helpdesk lol

Im using ubuntu from cd without installing, so ill be restarting a lot. ill pop in this thread all the time to see if u guys got the magic touch.

Been at it for 2 days straight now....vib almost smash pc....

10 answers to this question

There is nothing inherently wrong in ANY OS, be it Windows, OS X, Linux or *BSD.

They all work and do not magically break for no reason.

Windows would work fine on your PC, its not windows im sorry to say, you just probably did not take the proper steps to maintain your OS. (Don't take this the wrong way about 5% of people do it properly)

I don't think you'll find much help here in terms of linux, I think I only know of Myself and Speedy being the Linux guru's around MPF.  I could be wrong though. I don't know everyone.

I'd say get yourself windows 7 and put that on there.  If I could get into your system I might be able to recover whatever happened (still not sure from your descriptions)

If the partition was the only thing deleted, and no format was done.. then the drive is "ok" and your files should be intact.

not to sound silly but are the cables to the drive / mobo connected propoly ? if ya bios cant detect it its a physical problem

also have you been having problems with cd drive popping out by its self ... i ask coz it the first sign of a new very nasty "bios" virus going around it infects your os (ANY os "win, osx, linux") and flashes its self to UEFI bios (only UEFI not legacy) and "can do" some very strange things ... seen lots of news about this here is one link i quickly got off google >>> http://www.pcworld.com/article/2060360/security-researcher-says-new-malware-can-affect-your-bios-be-transmitted-via-the-air.html

if his bios is not seeing his drive than he wont be installling anything but I'm not really sure I understood correctly whether you mean the MBR is messed up or you drive is no longer being seen by your bios :huh: ....go into the bios setup and see if you can see your drive first.

Lunix is dominant, that does mean, lunix will overwrite the windows boot menu. If the installation fails, the whole boot could be destroyed. The good part is that it can be fixed. The most easy way to fix it, is placing the CD and use the BIOS or the right key combination during the start-up of your PC and install it again. Note Windows is currently still a more stable game platform, however Ubuntu is great for office/web/video/audio tasks.

For choosing the easy way, YOU HAVE TO FINISH THE UBUNTU INSTALLATION. However your windows and all remaining data will be gone for ever. since you succeed to kill your current OS. Once ubuntu is installed, you can install windows again.

if his bios is not seeing his drive than he wont be installling anything but I'm not really sure I understood correctly whether you mean the MBR is messed up or you drive is no longer being seen by your bios :huh: ....go into the bios setup and see if you can see your drive first.

Bios wasnt seeing harddrive,when u tried to install anything, whether linux or windows. No partitions or hardrives would appear, the screen where u format harddrive was empty. And teh erors kept piling up, the big bitch who started it all  was windows. No matter what i did,it just wouldnt install the 64 bit version,vista,7 or 8*8 uttercrap btw*. So here i am with a topnotch system,running things on mediocre settings.

Got the newest ubuntu installed now,64 bit,so system is using everything now. When it comes to games on linux,steam :D

After living on techforums for days,i learned more about linux than i ever did on windows. Verdict, windows can suck my salty ballz, this vib aint going back  ^_^ 

Bios wasnt seeing harddrive,when u tried to install anything, whether linux or windows. No partitions or hardrives would appear, the screen where u format harddrive was empty. And teh erors kept piling up, the big bitch who started it all  was windows. No matter what i did,it just wouldnt install the 64 bit version,vista,7 or 8*8 uttercrap btw*. So here i am with a topnotch system,running things on mediocre settings.

Got the newest ubuntu installed now,64 bit,so system is using everything now. When it comes to games on linux,steam :D

After living on techforums for days,i learned more about linux than i ever did on windows. Verdict, windows can suck my salty ballz, this vib aint going back  ^_^

Life-mission completed... one more user for Ubuntu :)

Now, your next goal, install renegade and play the game, guess what it just works fine when using WINE ;).

lol TehVib I use both Linux and Windows, no problems with either ;) Both have their place and work pretty well for their intended use. Sorry but I have to blame the user!

If i woulda spend more time on tech and little less on Boxing , i woulda kick os ass.

But iz lost to teh darkside,  a Slave to my Master urges of getting stronger

283382d1299472467-computer-nerds-i-need-

No not that Darkside

This onetumblr_msmtucp0Hc1qjbinro1_250.gif