I have a strange virus, and need help removing it.

Guest UItmaWepn

Question

Guest UItmaWepn

Well, I was browsing around on the web and I accidentally stumbled upon a few sites with viruses on their downloadable files, which I happened to download, and it made avast go haywire with alerts alerting of multiple malware prevented from installing on my machine, however, it did not stop them all. this virus is a little weird, for one, it does affect the performance of the machine, it is just VERY annoying. It has people talking about stupid shit on my machine all day long, somehow it connects to it when I connect to the internet. Basically, it is just annoying people talking through my speakers as if it is possessed, lolz, funny, but unpleasant. I have tried running Avast full scan, spybot full scan, adwcleaner, malwarebites, and IoBit Malware cleaner programs (All full and updated versions) and they caught a lot of malware but not the one in particular that I want removed the most (the one I described above).

Here is a picture of my "Volume Mixer Program" open. "Name not available" is the virus. I just mute it, but sometimes it even bypasses the mute, and also, more than one pops up sometimes.

virus1_zpsoxeilsvh.jpg

Anyway, can someone please tell me how I can get rid this damn thing for good?

14 answers to this question

Guest UItmaWepn

Good idea, but let me know if you have found a better way please. If I find a way, I will post how to do it, so, if it happens to anyone else, they can fix it. I keep getting railroaded with total BS when I search google.com for a solution, unfortunately...

Download malwarebytes and reboot into safe mode with networking first, and run that. If it doesnt work, I can remote in and fix it np. Its just annoying to get in touch with you on IRC or something and the time to fix it :P

Guest UItmaWepn

LMAO, thanks Cronus but my computer just had to be reset to factory condition a few minutes ago(unrelated to that virus and related to another...more deadly one)....If anyone ever has the same problem then look above.

Guest UItmaWepn

What, do you mean system restore? Yes, it would have but in "Windows 8.1 with Bing", it rarely even works to send the system back to the restore point, at least it doesn't on mine. I have tried it quite a few times.