Infinite Ammo

Guest UItmaWepn

Question

Guest UItmaWepn

Jelly servers have had infinite ammo on their servers for years now and I have to admit, it is fun, if not funner, than without it. Just a suggestion.

9 answers to this question

Not what no but Hell no! I mention Jelly here only in vain. Or in the somehow monthly event that I cannot join this server but all others work fine :( But as the aforesaid mentioned just buy your own ammo and lay waste to 3 or 4 buildings in a swoop... happens all the time. Part of the reason I just sit around some maps... I know whats about to occur quite vividly and I take actions accordingly. Just think ahead no infinite ammo pls :) :) see I said please that's like the third one in years now! Hell no, no infinite ammo!

Infinite ammo used to be the case here on MPF, quite a while ago. Having to watch your ammo count adds another layer of skill, and doesn't promote spraying and praying to find SBHs, IMHO. I plan to make a map in the future and even tanks will have limited ammo. Not so little that you'll be left stranded in a fight, but low enough that it would discourage whoring. OFC, there will be a supply depot at bases, and I'll include a modified APC which lacks a weapon but is capable of holding a supply amount of ammo which can be given to nearby allies, which regenerates over time. This way you'll need teamplay to even keep vehicles shooting. The second something has infinite ammo, it can be used to pin someone in their base indefinitely, and ruins games. When someone goes back for ammo, that's your chance to do something.

I like the idea of limiting tank ammo especially on arties. Nice idea. Apart from like you say don't limit it like you would get stranded in battle and pi$$ people off.

I like the idea of limiting tank ammo especially on arties. Nice idea. Apart from like you say don't limit it like you would get stranded in battle and pi$$ people off.

Ofc, I've got other ideas, some will be unrelated, others will connect to this. All of them more or less possible. One of the main ones that will come with this is secondary weapons (Done before, but will pair well with this). Coaxial MGs on MBTs and the like, as well as possibly tertiary weapons, such as MG nests on the top of an MBT's turret, which I'd have under the control of passengers (might be difficult to do that one, would revolve around a second "vehicle" attached to the main one, which would have their health, stealth status and such synced, but different ammo supplies). Also going to look into modifiable armaments (An Apache, for example, could choose between air-to-air missiles, air-to-ground missiles, and Hydra rockets), chinooks being able to carry other vehicles, functioning planes, and enabling weapons to know what they're aiming at, so that you can't start shooting air-to-air missiles at ground targets (No free fire, requires target lock).