Stealth Weekend | Unban-Spree @ MPF

zunnie

Just tried it out.. i was sorely disappointed :(. I was expecting awesome basic infantry wars, since shotgunners and engineers could quickly run up to stuff and kill them, and those long range snipers wouldn't be as damn overpowered if short range troops could run up to them 5 times faster right? I was partially right... engies do pwn tanks, and you CAN fight snipers with shotgunners.. the normal snipers who aren't lagging/cheating anyway >_>.

Unfortunately, the super speed seems to give some snipers some really bad lag.. turning them into monster lag killing machines. I mean we're walking at 5 times the normal speed and dodging jumping crouching changing directions like mad monkeys etc yet these guys still never miss.. how is that even possible unless they are lagging and just see people walking in straight lines?! Thanks to that the games more or less became sniper server games, where the one guy with the stupidest lag amount just trashes the hell out of everyone else :(.

On a side note: there's also a serious balance issue with obby being useless while agt continues to work just fine.

So overall I'm glad it changed to stealth weekend.

hm? I did get MVP MDK... on dockside (the only speed game i was there for the full time). it just took me 60 deaths to do it >_> <_<.

I agree that speed is fun but the lag killers ruin it >_>

wouldn't work as long as lag killers are around i'm afraid :(

how about firing speed instead of moving speed? is it possible to make everything fire twice as fast?

or bad aim weekend where every weapon gets huge aiming variance, so all that matters is strategy not "skill" *cough hardware*. :D

or bot army weekend where the use of !support is allowed every 30 seconds and turrets limit raised to 10 :D

No teches? we'd have severe repair problems, but sounds ok :D

On that note.... how about a super repair weekend? Boost the repair/disarm speed by like 5 times. (If necessary, create a new repair gun weapon with higher heal amount and make every character spawn with it.) That way even if there's a bunch of arties pointwhoring away on a building, you only need 1 hotwire to repair the building... also get to do fun stuff like quickly disarming lots of proxies to sneak into bases.. hehe.

No teches? we'd have severe repair problems, but sounds ok :D

On that note.... how about a super repair weekend? Boost the repair/disarm speed by like 5 times. (If necessary, create a new repair gun weapon with higher heal amount and make every character spawn with it.) That way even if there's a bunch of arties pointwhoring away on a building, you only need 1 hotwire to repair the building... also get to do fun stuff like quickly disarming lots of proxies to sneak into bases.. hehe.

Better to have double score weekend or triple score weekend. :3

Its funny that you mention that, cause this server actually has a ~2.5x score setting on permanently, not just for a weekend.. normal arty hits do like 20 score on jelly, 50 here :D. And that's just the normal buildings... some of the buildings are so messed up that I've seen them give 100x score at times. It makes pointwhoring so.. so wonderful :D.

(that said, the guys getting the most "bonus" score %-wise isn't really the pointwhores, but the snipers.. since pointsfix is off.. 12 points for shooting a stank even though u do 5 damage <_<. So don't start accusing me of points bug abuse here lol.)

Isn't that enough? A red skin sticks out far more than a white one most of the time, since many maps have plenty of white backgrounds (especially snowy maps, or day maps with white skies) which make the white skin sbh harder to see.  On the other hand red backgrounds are pretty rare, you need to have like power down inside a building or a nuke to turn the sky red. Thus red skin makes it easier to catch those stealth guys.

Granted if you made it purple it would be even better... since theres pretty much no such thing as a purple background in renegade.

well its pretty much the same as clear scope.. there's obviously an advantage to using it, but if its allowed then we just live with it lol.

Not really.  Try the effect out.  You can't see them any more or less than the white skin, even in the snow.  The glare effects make it impossible to see, reguardless of color.  Also, it's a darker color, so when someone wlaks up to you, it's harder to see than a white skin unless it's a snow map.  Atleast in my view.