MPF_Walls_Flying Map Preview

Guest Mauler

Guest Mauler

Coming Soon to Newmaps!

Read more about Project Westwood.

MPF_Walls_Flying.Mix

coming soon to MPF Newmaps is a rehauled version of Walls flying. There are some new addtions to the map that includes: Helipads, Repair Pads, new assortment of props and cover... Some new features have also been included, like the ability to buy harvesters and choose custom characters skins and vehicles that can be accessed by the small arrow on the PT icon :)

And of course the always exclusive MPF crate and Veteran system

Map by: Westwood, LevelEdit/Props: Zunnie Contributer/HexEdit Artist: Mauler

Screenshots Below:

Screenshot.3_t.pngScreenshot.4_t.pngScreenshot.5_t.png

Screenshot.6_t.pngScreenshot.7_t.pngScreenshot.8_t.png

Cool, it's got some nice features to it, I like the Helipads on the top.

The only thing I find odd is the wild grass at the base entrances. If tanks and that are regularily comming out then there won't be any big grass, it will be worn land like a dirt road.

Guest ice187dna

What about this map being in snow? Make it all icy hehehhe.  :P

It looks good, a fresh new revamp. Maybe some of the other maps could do with a face lift map lift. Just an idea, I don't mean every single map just some of the older classic ones. :D  Can't wait for it to be in rotation. Great work guys, now this is a Gaming Community with a Difference!!

Guest Mauler

What about this map being in snow? Make it all icy hehehhe.  :P

It looks good, a fresh new revamp. Maybe some of the other maps could do with a face lift map lift. Just an idea, I don't mean every single map just some of the older classic ones. :D  Can't wait for it to be in rotation. Great work guys, now this is a Gaming Community with a Difference!!

I have another in the works... that is my very own creation... :) it will feature a WW map with a TS feel ..... :D more to come soon

Please make the bushes NOT GAY like in other maps. I have a video to show what I mean. You my reticule begin moving on it's own. This is a bug. I know the video is in water, but this also happens with silly bushes too. Some bushes will not allow you to target objects and shoot them too.

Looks cool though, although I'm not a fan of standards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOcu78ViJWY

Looks great ... appreciate people taking the time to do all the hard work that is involved in revamping maps as well as making new ones... but does anyone else find it odd with some of the trees in the rocks :huh: Also like the helipads on top

Please make the bushes NOT GAY like in other maps. I have a video to show what I mean. You my reticule begin moving on it's own. This is a bug. I know the video is in water, but this also happens with silly bushes too. Some bushes will not allow you to target objects and shoot them too.

Looks cool though, although I'm not a fan of standards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOcu78ViJWY

That is ACK map. Map problem.

Not bad I like the Greener Maps then Dessert maps.

Hate to say it, but it happens a lot on our MPF maps. It was (I was told it was fixed) an issue on Tropics, and some other maps that I can't remember at the moment.

That is ACK map. Map problem.

Not bad I like the Greener Maps then Dessert maps.

Guest Mauler

The bug you are referring to is the collision setting for the mesh... pre TT, anything that was a "bush" or Leaf type model would often have a setting called "Foliage/Foliage Permeable" applied to the 3d model... there was no issue in 1.037... then TT came out and something was broke and fixed... and this is when the foliage setting was changed.. not sure if it was intentional or an bug...

now myself and zunnie are aware of this bug and have simply removed that option from the mesh and you no longer have issues with targeting and shooting... Hopefully it gets fixed one day..

Repair pad or mrls needs a modification, it is very difficult to drive over the repair pad with a mrls.

This has been fixed now by Mauler. Moved it back to the entrance area, it didnt fit the side good enough either..

Zunnie, I thought this was supposed to be a Facelift?

From the pictures you have shown so far, I am really not liking the design changes:

Your texturing isn't exactly the best. The grass I saw was too green, almost like moss. Try exchanging it for a lighter field grass colour, and mix some sand or dirt in it as well.

Recon Bike looks nice, I might actually steal that. But don't give one to GDI: They never had one in Tiberian Dawn (Even Renegade Single Player). In addition, you need to use a Vehicle Driver Visible script, as right now, it looks terrible when you are in it without a driver model showing up.

Are those vehicle textures going into the release? I really don't like them at all, and they clash way too much with the buildings in the map. Also, they look too futuristic, almost like C&C 3, but in a Real War setting.

Remove that bunker from the sides. They don't look good, and aren't going to help the map much. As a matter of fact, it will hurt it as camping will become more commonplace.

If you are still going crazy with the defences like I saw on RenForums, then I recommend changing your map now. First off, the defences look completely stupid where they are now. The turret I saw looks like it's overhanging the platform. Second off, defences in Walls? It's bad enough when I need to deal with mines, but now turrets and guard towers? Sam sites especially should go, since I have enough trouble with Ramjets and Railguns/PICs.

Although I respect the advertising, could you make it more subtle? Maybe add a desk in the Barracks with a Coffeemaker on it with MPF scribbled on it, or graffiti on the Obelisk of Laser saying "Zunnie was here", but not those huge signs that don't make sense in the environment of the map.

Zunnie, I thought this was supposed to be a Facelift?

From the pictures you have shown so far, I am really not liking the design changes:

Your texturing isn't exactly the best. The grass I saw was too green, almost like moss. Try exchanging it for a lighter field grass colour, and mix some sand or dirt in it as well.

Recon Bike looks nice, I might actually steal that. But don't give one to GDI: They never had one in Tiberian Dawn (Even Renegade Single Player). In addition, you need to use a Vehicle Driver Visible script, as right now, it looks terrible when you are in it without a driver model showing up.

Are those vehicle textures going into the release? I really don't like them at all, and they clash way too much with the buildings in the map. Also, they look too futuristic, almost like C&C 3, but in a Real War setting.

Remove that bunker from the sides. They don't look good, and aren't going to help the map much. As a matter of fact, it will hurt it as camping will become more commonplace.

If you are still going crazy with the defences like I saw on RenForums, then I recommend changing your map now. First off, the defences look completely stupid where they are now. The turret I saw looks like it's overhanging the platform. Second off, defences in Walls? It's bad enough when I need to deal with mines, but now turrets and guard towers? Sam sites especially should go, since I have enough trouble with Ramjets and Railguns/PICs.

Although I respect the advertising, could you make it more subtle? Maybe add a desk in the Barracks with a Coffeemaker on it with MPF scribbled on it, or graffiti on the Obelisk of Laser saying "Zunnie was here", but not those huge signs that don't make sense in the environment of the map.

not to be rude or anything and dont mean to go off track. Camo would you shut up and show us some of ur work on maps. This is Zunnie and MPF project. How they want to do it is up to them. TBH i like the way its turning out. Just stop bitching and start working.

Keep up the great work and add more rocks or tunnels :)

^ amen

I like the way Zunnie and co are making edits to the westwood maps, they may not look great all over but they invite better gameplay and different tactics to the standard herpderp sbh nukes that walls normally has